PDA

View Full Version : Great News!

Trav
09-15-2006, 07:17 PM
The BoSox-NYY game is rained out. The "MVP race" is put on hold and now ESPN will be looking into different games to fill the time. So far, they have shown the Tigers game and now they are showing the Twins game. I hope this means they will show some of the Sox game too.

CHISOXFAN13
09-15-2006, 07:20 PM
The BoSox-NYY game is rained out. The "MVP race" is put on hold and now ESPN will be looking into different games to fill the time. So far, they have shown the Tigers game and now they are showing the Twins game. I hope this means they will show some of the Sox game too.

I would assume the time slot will end when the Sox start. But this is still nice.

Go Indians and Orioles!

CHISOXFAN13
09-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Garko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two-run home run off Johan.

drewcifer
09-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Garko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two-run home run off Johan.

Sweet! Score?

(I know, I'm lazy)

Trav
09-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Sweet! Score?

(I know, I'm lazy)

Well it was 2-0 but I don't know now. ESPN decided that we need to see the Mets-Pirates game. Is Martinez coming off the DL that important right now? The best pennant race since the WC and they won't even show either of the two important games going on right now. Amazing.

Trav
09-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Now they cut into the Blue Jays-Devil Rays game. Why? The Blue Jays announcers are interviewing a pro wrestler.

How stupid am I to think that they would show games that matter?

Ziggy S
09-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Maybe, the game will be on AFN, but I'm not getting my hopes up. OTOH, they seem to lose every game broadcasted on t AFN Sports or AFN Xtra, so maybe not seeing it would be a blessing in disguise.

Ziggy S
09-15-2006, 09:53 PM
How stupid am I to think that they would show games that matter?

Don't you know? The Red Sox/Yankee game is the only one that matters. After all, those are the two best teams of all time and the most important in sports history; ESPN says so.

LuvSox
09-15-2006, 11:27 PM

I enjoyed their programming tonight. In and out of several games, insight about the races from knowledgeable, tolerable guys. I'd watch a show like that on a regular basis.

Yes, it was different from BBTN.

Trav
09-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Maybe, the game will be on AFN, but I'm not getting my hopes up. OTOH, they seem to lose every game broadcasted on t AFN Sports or AFN Xtra, so maybe not seeing it would be a blessing in disguise.

It is on AFN Sports. They have a website that tells you the schedule. I will try and find it for you but if you get a chance just google AFN TV Sports and it will pop up.

I enjoyed their programming tonight. In and out of several games, insight about the races from knowledgeable, tolerable guys. I'd watch a show like that on a regular basis.

Yes, it was different from BBTN.

I wouldn't have minded if they would have talked about teams that had a chance to make the post season. Besides talking about teams that had no chance and going to games that won't effect the race I enjoyed it more than BBTN as well.