PDA

View Full Version : Who is the NL GM of the year?

Baby Fisk
09-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Simple question... or is it?

Please note: for space limitations I left off the GMs of the NL's two worst teams, Pittsburgh and Chicago.

DumpJerry
09-15-2006, 03:04 PM
:lynch&mcfail
Wait a minute.....Jim should be considered.......after all, he makes some of these other guys look good. I mean the Nomar decision, genius! Furcal, couldn't have done it any better. That's why we re-upped him for three more years.

drewcifer
09-15-2006, 03:11 PM
I voted Beinfest for 2 major reasons:

1. He put together a team with better chances to make the playoffs than the Red Sox, all to the tune of $14M.

2. Anibal Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez for Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-15-2006, 03:58 PM
I voted Beinfest for 2 major reasons:

1. He put together a team with better chances to make the playoffs than the Red Sox, all to the tune of $14M.

2. Anibal Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez for Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell.

I voted for Beinfest too. Though the team is young, its great right now and will be amazing in a few years.

palehozenychicty
09-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Beinfest. This team was projected to lose 90+ games, but is in WC contention. He has done a brilliant job.

drewcifer
09-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Beinfest. This team was projected to lose 90+ games, but is in WC contention. He has done a brilliant job.

:yup: And more pitching coming up next year....

The whole animosity thing b/w him and Girardi is confusing, though... You'd think they'd be thick as thieves. Or is that Loria.....

HotelWhiteSox
09-15-2006, 07:19 PM
I will go with Colletti because he lives near me

palehozenychicty
09-15-2006, 07:43 PM

He's done a good job as well, deftly mixing in the young players like Billingsley, Ethier, Martin, and Kemp. The problem is their veterans are so damn fragile and streaky. The Dodgers are the only team that may pose a challenge to the Mets, and that's to Colletti's credit.

Jjav829
09-16-2006, 03:39 PM

I went with Colletti, too. I really like the job he has done. He overpayed for Furcal, but like I've said before, I really like the mix of veterans and young players that they have. Ethier and Billingsley are two of my favorite young players in the game.

buehrle4cy05
09-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Beinfest. He was ordered to dismantle and he brought in some great talent that's already winning at the MLB level.

ZachAL
09-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Beinfest did not put together a great team for this year, he does not deserve this. Girardi is the deserving one who has gotten that team to play out of their minds. Minaya put together the best team in the NL by far.

Chisox003
09-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Beinfest did not put together a great team for this year, he does not deserve this. Girardi is the deserving one who has gotten that team to play out of their minds. Minaya put together the best team in the NL by far.
Based on this, why didn't KW win last year then?

SoxSpeed22
09-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Based on this, why didn't KW win last year then?Stupidity.
Anyway, I voted for Colletti because he made those risky deals that have panned out and he made the trades necessary to put them in contention for the pennant.