PDA

View Full Version : My trade idea

Sufferin
02-27-2002, 04:07 PM
Hey guys, I'm never around but I have an idea I think Williams should pursue and I was wondering what y'all thought.

I apologize if this has been discussed before but I'm not about to read the last 3 months' threads to find out.

I would deal Lee and Durham in a package for Scott Rolen if it's do able. The Phils may be happy at 2nd but they may still see Ray as an uprade or even for a nother postioiton. I think it bears at least looking into,then you could play Leifer in left and Valentin at 2nd. If Liefer can't handle full time, you have Rowand to platoon with him. Also, this way come next year, you don't have to worry about replacing Durham and if Rolen walks as a FA (which we may awnat him to do) then Crede gets his shot.

For this year we get a mroe balanced and even more powerful lineup while keeping the payroll within reason. What do you think?

If not a deal for Rolen, what about Lee/Durham for a good SP and let Crede play thisyear. I think Valentin woould have little trouble switching to 2nd base.

duke of dorwood
02-27-2002, 04:20 PM
Wecome to WSI. The amount of $ Rolen turned down from Philly makes it obvious if he was traded here, we'd only have 1 year with him. That's why it won't happen. It's always $ here in small market Chicago.

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 04:22 PM
I think Ray and a decent prospect might do it. I'd love to have rolen on the team.

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 04:23 PM
1 year deal though. That's darrin erstad all over again. Maybe if he had 3 years on his contract.

danman31
02-27-2002, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't do that trade if we got Rolen for 3 years. I think he is overrated. Lee is too good of a hitter for us to give away, esp. with Durham. It's just not worth it. If it's Lee and Clayton for Rolen I'd think about it though. Just to get Clayton off the team I'd take a crappy trade which is what that would be for us.

LongDistanceFan
02-27-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
1 year deal though. That's darrin erstad all over again. Maybe if he had 3 years on his contract. welcome aboard..

where is sonny when trade talks are being mention?

Sufferin
02-27-2002, 04:59 PM
My thinkng is Durham is over rated and he's gone afer this year anyway, let's get something for him. Lee's a great? hitter, but I'd rather have a lefthanded bat, and Liefer may turn out ot be just as good as Lee. Besides, Carlos strikes me as having abit of an attitude problem. I like Rolen, think he'd be awesome in our lineup and it would be nice ot have a real 3rd baseman again.

All this also gives a couple of our kids a chance in the next 1-2 years and since we always will have a payroll problemn that's important too.

longshot7
02-27-2002, 05:09 PM
yeah, I do it too, but I do think rolen will only stay for a year. He didn't turn down $140 mil because he wanted more - he did it because he wants a team that is committed to winning. is that us?

MattSharp
02-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Hes my take on it:

Rolen turned it down for other reasons not money. But even so I don't think he fits into the Sox scheme.

Its true I feel Durham is gone after this year. He will want big money and the Sox wont give it to him, which I think is good. They are deep at 2B and wont need him. He should be moved before the deadline if the Sox aren't competeing.

I think the Phillies would be very into this trade. They get a couple a quality hitters, but they have a good OF already and Lee wound't really fit in.

Good idea, but I think its a waste. If we could Rolen for Durham and some other OF maybe? I dont know whatever...

LongDistanceFan
02-27-2002, 08:16 PM
speaking of sonny............. has anybody heard from him, what is he doing, how did it was with that love island or whatever it was.

WinningUgly!
02-27-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
speaking of sonny............. has anybody heard from him, what is he doing, how did it was with that love island or whatever it was.

http://i.realitytvworld.com/images/lcscast/michael.jpg
I'm alive & well, but where am I?

Daver
02-27-2002, 08:25 PM

Sonny made a breif appearance months ago and has been silent since then,perhaps he is with Dago Beef in the otherworld of lost members.

WinningUgly!
02-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by daver

Sonny made a breif appearance months ago and has been silent since then,perhaps he is with Dago Beef in the otherworld of lost members.

Along with IAC.

LongDistanceFan
02-27-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Along with IAC. man i miss those guys esp dago's wit

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 11:18 PM
welcome aboard..

where is sonny when trade talks are being mention?

Welcome aboard? I think you have wrong quote :D:

RichH55
02-28-2002, 01:13 AM
1 year deal though. That's darrin erstad all over again. Maybe if he had 3 years on his contract.

I agree Rolen would be a one shot deal, but I think we would have reinked Erstad.....Now whether that is the right move is open to question(which year is the anamoly, can you take a run at him in FA, how much is too much to give, etc)

LongDistanceFan
02-28-2002, 05:25 AM

Welcome aboard? I think you have wrong quote :D: no............ i wasn't playing