PDA

View Full Version : Good Dye For MVP Article On Sportsline

chitown13
09-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Scott Miller actually put out a pretty decent article. Good read. Sorry if posted before but didn't see it.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9660388

chisoxfanatic
09-14-2006, 08:44 PM
It's about time. And, that author is correct in saying "he speaks softly and carries a big stick." He's not the in-your-face type of player that other guys in consideration are. He has to be one of the most humble people in MLB! We would NOT even be close to the playoff run if he hadn't come through for us time after time. Not only is he the team and AL MVP in my book, but, if they offered an award to the MLB's MVP, he should win that as well!

palehozenychicty
09-14-2006, 10:20 PM
I have a slogan for JD's MVP campaign:

"Dye is the guy." A powerful, yet refined statement. Just like JD. :D:

chitown13
09-15-2006, 07:59 AM
They moved it to the homepage this morning.
I think it'll be hard to beat out Jeter just because of the east coast bias junk but it does appear that Dye is slowly getting the recognition he deserves

http://www.sportsline.com/

digdagdug23
09-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Win or lose, Dye is a first class guy that deserves any accolades that come his way. He plays the game the way it is supposed to be played and to the next level. I remember sitting behind him during the 19 inning game-from-hell (on the aisle two rows up, right next to the Sawx bull pen), and we were all chanting MVP! when he walked to his position after the game tying run in the 9th. I will never forget it, he turned, looked at us with this half-embarrassed, half "you people are nut jobs" look on his face, gave us a smile and a wave as he chuckled quietly, and went back to business.

That is EXACTLY the type of guy that should win this award, and whether he does or not, he is an MVP in my book any day of the week.

soxinem1
09-15-2006, 01:10 PM
One thing Jeter and Dyd have in common is that they maintained a steady level of production all year. It may be close, but it also may depend on how each player finishes. I remember in 2000 Big Frank had it wrapped up until an 0-12 at the end of the year and Giambi's tear the last few weeks took it away.

If Jermaine goes on a real tear and gets close to .330 with 46+ HR's, he'd be tough to beat out.

Iwritecode
09-15-2006, 01:14 PM
It's about time. And, that author is correct in saying "he speaks softly and carries a big stick." He's not the in-your-face type of player that other guys in consideration are. He has to be one of the most humble people in MLB! We would NOT even be close to the playoff run if he hadn't come through for us time after time. Not only is he the team and AL MVP in my book, but, if they offered an award to the MLB's MVP, he should win that as well!

I was suprised last year when they picked him as the WS MVP. I figured it was just because he knocked in the only run in game 4. Then I looked at his numbers. :o:

He quietly put up some pretty good numbers in the WS last year. Looks like it's carried over to the regular season this year. You never really realize how good his numbers are until you take a look at them.

23Ventura
09-15-2006, 01:21 PM
I was suprised last year when they picked him as the WS MVP. I figured it was just because he knocked in the only run in game 4. Then I looked at his numbers. :o:
Yeah, me too. I figured it was a sure thing that Crede would get WS MVP, and I was shocked when I saw how good Dye's numbers were.