PDA

View Full Version : Players I's like to see in a Sox Uniform in 2007.

Thome25
09-14-2006, 09:27 AM
I know it's still pretty early to be looking ahead to 2007 because I still hope the Sox get to the post-season this year.

It's still fun to speculate about next year though. I was sitting here thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that there is three players I'd like to see playing for the White Sox next year.

I'm not talking about getting one or two of them but ALL THREE.

Those players are:

I'd like to see the Sox sign Dave Roberts and Julio Lugo and trade Garcia for a package that includes Ryan Freel.

What do you guys think?

I'm not very good at predicting lineups so what do you think the Sox lineup would look like with all three of those guys?

Do You like? Dislike? Not care?

GO SOX!!!! I STILL HAVE FAITH IN 2006!!

chaotic8512
09-14-2006, 10:14 AM
The conversation begins and ends with Carl Crawford. Unfortunately, even the D-Rays won't be dumb enough to let that guy go.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Freel head this direction.

chisoxmike
09-14-2006, 10:16 AM
That team would win 80 games max.

jenn2080
09-14-2006, 10:21 AM
:deadhorse:

:threadsucks

Same topic in about 3 other threads! This is getting recycled more then milk jugs on garbage day.

areilly
09-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Here's some guys I'd like to see the Sox get:

Ichiro
Miguel Tejada
Francisco Liriano
Johan Santana
Joel Zumaya
Carl Crawford
Michael Young
Aaron Rowand
Mariano Rivera
Frankie Rodriguez
Alex Rodriguez
Scot Shields
David Ortiz
Albert Pujols
Chris Carpenter
Carlos Zambrano
Alfonso Soriano
Carlos Delgado
Vernon Wells

Make it happen Kenny!

jenn2080
09-14-2006, 10:34 AM

Ichiro
Miguel Tejada
Francisco Liriano
Johan Santana
Joel Zumaya
Carl Crawford
Michael Young
Aaron Rowand
Mariano Rivera
Frankie Rodriguez
Alex Rodriguez
Scot Shields
David Ortiz
Albert Pujols
Chris Carpenter
Carlos Zambrano
Alfonso Soriano
Carlos Delgado
Vernon Wells

Make it happen Kenny!

:kneeslap: :kukoo: :roflmao: :rolling:

A Rod thats great!

Thome25
09-14-2006, 10:38 AM

Ichiro
Miguel Tejada
Francisco Liriano
Johan Santana
Joel Zumaya
Carl Crawford
Michael Young
Aaron Rowand
Mariano Rivera
Frankie Rodriguez
Alex Rodriguez
Scot Shields
David Ortiz
Albert Pujols
Chris Carpenter
Carlos Zambrano
Alfonso Soriano
Carlos Delgado
Vernon Wells

Make it happen Kenny!

This isn't a loaded question just curious that's all but, isn't this post supposed to be teal?

Thome25
09-14-2006, 10:41 AM
:deadhorse:

:threadsucks

Same topic in about 3 other threads! This is getting recycled more then milk jugs on garbage day.

Here's a novel idea. Read the title of a thread. If there's a remote chance that you might not like it then don't read it.

This thread was made so we could have intelligent baseball conversation about what it might be like if the White Sox acquired all three of these guys.

If you're sick of reading these types of threads then guess what you do? Don't read them. Go visit a thread that you do like.

jenn2080
09-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Here's a novel idea. Read the title of a thread. If there's a remote chance that you might not like it then don't read it.

This thread was made so we could have intelligent baseball conversation about what it might be like if the White Sox acquired all three of these guys.

If you're sick of reading these types of threads then guess what you do? Don't read them. Go visit a thread that you do like.

or you could read the threads with the same similarities and post in there.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78658

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78460

Chicken Dinner
09-14-2006, 11:57 AM
No Ryan Howard????

Baby Fisk
09-14-2006, 11:59 AM

Time for a mega-2007-speculation thread?

gbergman
09-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Lets see

1B Pujols
2B Iguchi
3B Crede
SS Uribe
Lf Crawford
CF Andruw Jones
RF Dye
C Pierzynski
DH Howard

Bench
Podsednik
Anderson
Cintron
J. Lopez
Ozuna

Pitchers
Santana
Garland
Garcia
Lariano
Buerhle

Relief
Shields
Jenks
Zumaya
Rodney
Gordon
Cotts

QCIASOXFAN
09-14-2006, 02:19 PM

A Rod thats great!
I would take A-Rod.:dunno:

areilly
09-14-2006, 02:27 PM

A Rod thats great!

From a numbers and overall ability standpoint, I'd take him at SS over Uribe any day of the week.

The question was who would you like to see, not who would you like to pay.

drewcifer
09-14-2006, 02:38 PM
How about Michael Young. I heard on Home Plate today that the owner of the Rangers has been trashing him for not being a "leader". Apparently Young is none too thrilled with the comments either....

skottyj242
09-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Lets see

1B Pujols
2B Iguchi
3B Crede
SS Uribe
Lf Crawford
CF Andruw Jones
RF Dye
C Pierzynski
DH Howard

Bench
Podsednik
Anderson
Cintron
J. Lopez
Ozuna

Pitchers
Santana
Garland
Garcia
Lariano
Buerhle

Relief
Shields
Jenks
Zumaya
Rodney
Gordon
Cotts

Hey where the hell is Ross Gload?

hold2dibber
09-14-2006, 02:59 PM
IIt's still fun to speculate about next year though. I was sitting here thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that there is three players I'd like to see playing for the White Sox next year.

Those players are:

I'd like to see the Sox sign Dave Roberts and Julio Lugo and trade Garcia for a package that includes Ryan Freel.

What do you guys think?

I'm not very good at predicting lineups so what do you think the Sox lineup would look like with all three of those guys?

I love Roberts and Freel, but I thought there were rumors out there suggesting that Lugo was an anti-grinder -- i.e., selfish/spoiled/lazy. Coudl be wrong. In any event, I assume that if you want those guys you also would be in favor of getting rid of Uribe, Iguchi and Podsednik. I think Freel and Roberts would certainly be upgrades, but I'd be concerned about Roberts' health and I don't know enough about Lugo's glove to determine whether or not he'd be a worthy replacement for Uribe. Also, Garcia would be a lot to give up for Freel -- I'd want to get a solid bullpen arm (Coffey?) as well to replace McCarthy in the pen while he replaces Garcia in the rotation. Interesting thoughts.

QCIASOXFAN
09-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey where the hell is Ross Gload?
Did you look at the relief pitchers? Cotts!:o:

gbergman
09-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Did you look at the relief pitchers? Cotts!:o:

I forgot about Thornton being a lefty. Cotts was the only lefty I could think of, and Gload is replacing Pods.

NardiWasHere
09-14-2006, 03:56 PM

A Rod thats great!

Are you laughing because of the difficulty and improbability that we would ever get him or...

are you seriously telling us that you would not want ARod on this team? If its the second option, I think that might be THE absolute DUMBEST thing I have heard in a long long long time. i don't even know why i'm taking time out to even justify that post with this reply if that is the case.

If you intended it to mean he isn't a probable aquisition, I apologize.

tlebar318
09-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Carl Crawford for sure....
Would be a nice addition to the outfield over Pods...I like Pods but Crawford has a tremendous future plus I have an autographed ball so that would make it more valuable to me! :tongue:

QCIASOXFAN
09-14-2006, 04:02 PM
I forgot about Thornton being a lefty. Cotts was the only lefty I could think of, and Gload is replacing Pods.
I saw Cotts on the list and nearly **** a purple brick!:o:

spiffie
09-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Are you laughing because of the difficulty and improbability that we would ever get him or...

are you seriously telling us that you would not want ARod on this team? If its the second option, I think that might be THE absolute DUMBEST thing I have heard in a long long long time. i don't even know why i'm taking time out to even justify that post with this reply if that is the case.

If you intended it to mean he isn't a probable aquisition, I apologize.
This came up a while back. There were people on the board who basically said that they wouldn't want him if the Yankees agreed to take his whole salary.

MDF3530
09-14-2006, 04:17 PM
This isn't a loaded question just curious that's all but, isn't this post supposed to be teal?Here's some guys I'd like to see the Sox get:

Ichiro
Miguel Tejada
Francisco Liriano
Johan Santana
Joel Zumaya
Carl Crawford
Michael Young
Aaron Rowand
Mariano Rivera
Frankie Rodriguez
Alex Rodriguez
Scot Shields
David Ortiz
Albert Pujols
Chris Carpenter
Carlos Zambrano
Alfonso Soriano
Carlos Delgado
Vernon Wells

Make it happen Kenny!I made it teal for all of us.

NardiWasHere
09-14-2006, 05:28 PM
This came up a while back. There were people on the board who basically said that they wouldn't want him if the Yankees agreed to take his whole salary.

Then those people are moronic.

It's like saying I wouldn't want to go out on a date with Jessica Alba even if she agreed to pay for dinner.

MikeLove
09-14-2006, 05:29 PM
How about Michael Young. I heard on Home Plate today that the owner of the Rangers has been trashing him for not being a "leader". Apparently Young is none too thrilled with the comments either....

uhh i dont know his contract is like or ,if he has to be traded for, what kind of deal that would take

but that would be a great player to get, especially since the speculation is that Uribe isn't going to be back

QCIASOXFAN
09-14-2006, 05:31 PM

It's like saying I wouldn't want to go out on a date with Jessica Alba even if she agreed to pay for dinner.
Maybe those people prefer Jessica Simpson.:D: Or Rosie O'Donnell.:?:

veeter
09-14-2006, 05:53 PM
I love suggesting trading Freddy the day after he throws a one hitter. Nice timing.

Scottiehaswheels
09-14-2006, 06:05 PM
I love suggesting trading Freddy the day after he throws a one hitter. Nice timing.why not? he's still crap 99% of the time lol

MikeLove
09-14-2006, 06:10 PM
***? Freddy Hasn't even been our worst pitcher this season. He generally keeps the Sox in the game when he pitches, and that is almost all you can ask from a pitcher.

Chips
09-14-2006, 06:44 PM
I know it's still pretty early to be looking ahead to 2007 because I still hope the Sox get to the post-season this year.

It's still fun to speculate about next year though. I was sitting here thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that there is three players I'd like to see playing for the White Sox next year.

Those players are:

What do you guys think?

I dislike it and I don't care.

Ichiro
Miguel Tejada
Francisco Liriano
Johan Santana
Joel Zumaya
Carl Crawford
Michael Young
Aaron Rowand
Mariano Rivera
Frankie Rodriguez
Alex Rodriguez
Scot Shields
David Ortiz
Albert Pujols
Chris Carpenter
Carlos Zambrano
Alfonso Soriano
Carlos Delgado
Vernon Wells

Make it happen Kenny!

Liriano = No way, probably going to have Tommy John.
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/Rowand1.gif

:thumbsup:

Lets see

1B Pujols
2B Iguchi
3B Crede
SS Uribe
Lf Crawford
CF Andruw Jones
RF Dye
C Pierzynski
DH Howard

Bench
Podsednik
Anderson
Cintron
J. Lopez
Ozuna

Pitchers
Santana
Garland
Garcia
Lariano
Buerhle

Relief
Shields
Jenks
Zumaya
Rodney
Gordon
Cotts

Cotts? :mg: Liriano = see above.

Come on man, Cotts. I take you off ignore for this ****? Cotts!

Don't worry, bergman, you're not going back on. :cool:

Cotts?

esbrechtel
09-15-2006, 09:09 AM

:rolling:

areilly
09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
I love suggesting trading Freddy the day after he throws a one hitter. Nice timing.

One stellar outing does not an ace make.

Remember, David Wells is in the perfect game club. Our own Wilson Alvarez threw a no-no. So did Bud Smith. And A.J. Burnett. And Hideo Nomo. Don't let it fool you.

Either Freddy or Javy will make great trade bait, and that's the sad truth. I think they're both cool, and it'll be sad to see them go. However, a solid pitcher commands a TON in return and the Sox are in the surplus column for once.

Freddy + Uribe + top-tier position prospect for Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees pick up the difference in salary.

Freddy + Uribe + top-tier position prospect for Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees pick up the difference in salary.

areilly
09-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Liriano = No way, probably going to have Tommy John.
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/Rowand1.gif

In my defense, I know Aaron's not coming back. And I posted that list before Liriano went down again.

But the question was who would I like to see in a Sox uniform next year? Not "who do the Sox have a chance of landing" or "who would help the team."

So I say Aaron Rowand. Hell, I'd like to see Jack McDowell come out of retirement. Let's get Frank back while we're at it. You know what? Why not reinstate Ozzie as player/manager and let the '93, '00 and '05 teams join forces for one last big score?

That's why these conversations are, for the most part, stupid. Especially with the AL Central (the AL CENTRAL!) currently hosting one of the great pennant races of the last decade.

(On second thought, I'd like to see Kate Beckinsale in a Sox uniform next year. I always thought she was pretty, and girls in Sox gear are hot. :D:)

gbergman
09-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Cotts? :mg: Liriano = see above.

Come on man, Cotts. I take you off ignore for this ****? Cotts!

Don't worry, bergman, you're not going back on. :cool:

Cotts?

I forgot about Thornton. Cotts was the only lefty I could think of.

Hey it could of been worse for you, I could of suggested Rowand.

If Liriano doesn't need surgery which it doesn't look like he will, and he comes back as one of the best starters in baseball again then yes I would want him.

jenn2080
09-15-2006, 01:05 PM
I forgot about Thornton. Cotts was the only lefty I could think of.

Hey it could of been worse for you, I could of suggested Rowand.

If Liriano doesn't need surgery which it doesn't look like he will, and he comes back as one of the best starters in baseball again then yes I would want him.

how could you forget about thorton? Most try to forget about Cotts. SHAME ON YOU! Lets trade you....maybe we can get something from Soxtalk for you :wink:

daveeym
09-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Lets trade you....maybe we can get something from Soxtalk for you :wink: Ooh get Hangar back, he's wsi's own rowand. We could debate his merits all day. Pro: Man that Hangar has some passion. He ran face first into the bathroom door at Jimbo's going after some bimbo trixie and Kiley at the same time. Anti: We don't want hangar back, he was a one trick pony, sure he had passion but all he could do was harp about the media. He could turn a thread about your favorite chicago style food into a media bashing extravaganza.

palehozenychicty
09-15-2006, 08:07 PM

And like Jessica Alba, Alex Fraud-riguez will not be there to make you breakfast in the morning e.g. he will not come through when it matters. Not that I know if Alba will be there in the morning, but you get me....

:payrod:

A fantasy owner's dream, a world champion's nightmare.

Chips
09-15-2006, 08:11 PM

Nobody ever said WSI was an Einstein factory.

Brian26
09-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Michael Young would be an outstanding addition to help the Sox go for a third straight World Title.

SOXSINCE'70
09-16-2006, 07:44 AM
I made it teal for all of us.

Thank you.

Hangar18
09-20-2006, 04:24 PM
[quote=daveeym;1348280]Ooh get Hangar back, he's wsi's own rowand. quote]

heh heh. I dont think Ive ever been the subject of a thread hijack :cool:
but to get this thing back on the tracks, I want Barry Zito, badly on this team. Alas, his price will be too high, which in that case, make sure we scout someone similar to him ..........

Tekijawa
09-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Frank Thomas
Magglio Ordonez
Aaron Rowand

09-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Lets see

1B Pujols
2B Iguchi
3B Crede
SS Uribe
Lf Crawford