PDA

View Full Version : Why is Jeff Brantley so stupid?

chaerulez
09-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Just now on BBTN he said of the Padres (in terms of their pitching), "After Peavy they have nobody."

Um, Jeff, the best starter they've had all year isn't even Peavy. It's Chris Young. They also have a guy named Trevor Hoffman, maybe you've heard of him? Woody Williams isn't having that bad of a year either. I hope Brantley realizes the problem with the team is the offense... a lineup that relies on Piazza, Giles and Adrain Gonzalez isn't scaring anyone.

beckett21
09-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Probably because he has been spending too much time moonlighting as an M.D..

Sox-o-matic
09-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Brantley is a stupid comment machine. He can't be stopped.

PeteWard
09-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Too much hair gel. It seeps through the skull and attacks brain cells

beckett21
09-13-2006, 10:43 PM

I just love how they pass this clown off as an "expert". :rolleyes:

areilly
09-13-2006, 10:47 PM
I just love how they pass this clown off as an "expert". :rolleyes:

Lucky for me, the gym I go to has TV's on the cardio machines...so I watch BBTN with the sound off.

In all honesty, it's 1000 times better like that - it's like an hour-long highlight video set to whatever soundtrack I cue up on my iPod.

gobears1987
09-13-2006, 10:48 PM
FAS? It's my working theory for a majority of ESPN analysts.

Nellie_Fox
09-13-2006, 11:54 PM
I can't understand how he keeps his job. He's not just wrong, he's spectacularly wrong spectacularly often, and yet he keeps blustering and pontificating.

pasquasroachclip
09-14-2006, 12:06 AM
This tool also said about the Yankees tonight: "The only way you're going to beat the Yankees is by outscoring them.":?: Go figure...

RadioheadRocks
09-14-2006, 12:11 AM
This tool also said about the Yankees tonight: "The only way you're going to beat the Yankees is by outscoring them.":?: Go figure...

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :rolling: :rolling:

No
sherlock!!!

Britt Burns
09-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Brantly is always right!

Don't believe me? Check out my sig line...

chisoxmike
09-14-2006, 12:16 AM
The best Brantley quote of them all...

"There's going to be a lot of crying in the beer in Chicago. I don't care what kind of start the Sox are having, there's no way they are making the playoffs. Look to Minnesota."
4/23/05

LuvSox
09-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Little known fact:

At birth the Brantley's had a look at their new baby boy and decided to keep the placenta instead.

True story.

StillMissOzzie
09-14-2006, 01:23 AM

"You can't stop him. You can only hope to contain him."

Yeah, preferably in an airtight box.

SMO
:gulp:

TheOldRoman
09-14-2006, 01:51 AM
In response to the thread title:
My guess would be ignorance, arrogance, and inbreeding.

soxfanatlanta
09-14-2006, 06:47 AM
Jeff Brantley is a lower form of life; he is mercifully free of all the ravages of intelligence.

Rooney4Prez56
09-14-2006, 08:09 AM
The Cowboy knows all!

Thome25
09-14-2006, 08:34 AM
The best Brantley quote of them all...

"There's going to be a lot of crying in the beer in Chicago. I don't care what kind of start the Sox are having, there's no way they are making the playoffs. Look to Minnesota."
4/23/05

What do you guys think? When Brantley made this comment did he:

A.) Stick his foot in his mouth all the way up to his knee.

B.) Stick his head so far up his ass that he had to have it surgically removed.

C.) Ate "Kentucky Fried CROW" for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

D. ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Iwritecode
09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
I can't understand how he keeps his job. He's not just wrong, he's spectacularly wrong spectacularly often, and yet he keeps blustering and pontificating.

Probably because his bosses don't realize he's wrong half the time...

I mean geez, how are they supposed to know anything about a team that plays on the other side of the country?

WizardsofOzzie
09-14-2006, 02:57 PM

:hawk:
"I love when you analyze"

VivaOzzie
09-14-2006, 05:32 PM
I also heard Dr. Brantley diagnose Liriano's injury on BBTN last evening. By only looking at film, he somehow knew that Liriano has a torn ulnar ligament and will be out for 18-24 months. Quite a grievous prognosis. Who needs an MRI when this medical genius can diagnose injuries with a bit of videotape??

Oh, by the way Jeff, modern medical technology begs to differ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2587796

An MRI shows NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE!! Good for Liriano. I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

beckett21
09-14-2006, 06:20 PM
I also heard Dr. Brantley diagnose Liriano's injury on BBTN last evening. By only looking at film, he somehow knew that Liriano has a torn ulnar ligament and will be out for 18-24 months. Quite a grievous prognosis. Who needs an MRI when this medical genius can diagnose injuries with a bit of videotape??

Oh, by the way Jeff, modern medical technology begs to differ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2587796

An MRI shows NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE!! Good for Liriano. I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

But that's impossible! Brantley couldn't possibly be wrong.

:rolleyes:

Glad to hear the good news for Liriano.