PDA

View Full Version : buh bye, Ten-run Field...

cheeses_h_rice
02-27-2002, 01:39 PM
...say hello to "Astros Field"...catchy!

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0227/1341349.html

PaleHoseGeorge
02-27-2002, 01:49 PM
"The team announced Wednesday that it had struck a deal with the bankrupt energy giant to pay it $2.1 million to buy back the naming rights to the ballpark, which would be called "Astros Field" until a new sponsor could be found."

:reinsy
"If I owned the Astros, you know I would be using this as an excuse for not signing a front-line pitcher."

:ohno
"Boy, don't we!"

:KW
"Woe is me! Our payroll is too high!!!!"

:sandy :hitless
"Thanks for bringing us on board!"

Soxboyrob
02-27-2002, 02:13 PM
Imagine the amount of hours they must have slaved and the energy they expended trying to come up with "Astros Field."

foulkesfan11
02-27-2002, 03:39 PM
I went to "Enron" last year while I was in Houston to see a game. I was very disappointed. The roof was closed & my friend and I couldn't even enjoy our dinner without getting attacked by mosquitos. The hallways look like a museum, the fans there were BORING, the staff there was rude. It had no ballpark feel to it at all. About the only thing going for it was that they have Brad Ausmus on the team!!!

RichH55
02-27-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I went to "Enron" last year while I was in Houston to see a game. I was very disappointed. The roof was closed & my friend and I couldn't even enjoy our dinner without getting attacked by mosquitos. The hallways look like a museum, the fans there were BORING, the staff there was rude. It had no ballpark feel to it at all. About the only thing going for it was that they have Brad Ausmus on the team!!!

The staff there was rude? Thats just too nice to be having a staff for a ballpark

foulkesfan11
02-28-2002, 08:49 PM
Everyone there was rude, from the gift shop attendants to the beer vendors. Even the fans were crabby. They weren't even paying attention to the game.

Daver
02-28-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Everyone there was rude, from the gift shop attendants to the beer vendors. Even the fans were crabby. They weren't even paying attention to the game.

Sounds like a certain ballpark I know of,can you spell urine?