PDA

View Full Version : i am glad our young guns dont have this much hype.....

Iguana775
02-27-2002, 01:26 PM
i am amazed how much hype John Beckett is getting. i mean, they are piling up the pressure higher than an elephant bowel movement. i hope that this kid does well. it would be a shame for him to fall flat on his arse. he may be good but jeez...let him throw a little more before labeling him the best(or one of the best) pitcher in baseball.

Iwritecode
02-27-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
i am amazed how much hype John Beckett is getting. i mean, they are piling up the pressure higher than an elephant bowel movement. i hope that this kid does well. it would be a shame for him to fall flat on his arse. he may be good but jeez...let him throw a little more before labeling him the best(or one of the best) pitcher in baseball.

WHAT?!? I thought that the Cubs' Mark Prior was the best pitcher in baseball?!? After all, he is the next Roger Clemens...

duke of dorwood
02-27-2002, 01:57 PM
Is it John or Josh? I forget.

:KW

What's in a name?

MattSharp
02-27-2002, 02:33 PM
Josh.....

Hes gonna be good. He did pitch some last year and he looked real good. This guy is the real deal. I will defiantely take him in the 5-10 rounds of my fantasy draft or else try to trade for him..

RichH55
02-27-2002, 02:47 PM
Phenoms by definition are there to break your heart

Iguana775
02-27-2002, 04:03 PM
damnit...i got kenny disease......i meant josh. lol

Vsahajpal
02-27-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

WHAT?!? I thought that the Cubs' Mark Prior was the best pitcher in baseball?!? After all, he is the next Roger Clemens...

Actually, in the latest Baseball America, Jim Callis asks major league scouting personnel to compare Beckett and Prior:

As part of a feature I'm working on to accompany our Top 100 Prospects list, I've been asking scouts to compare Prior with Josh Beckett. They come out pretty even, with Beckett maintaining a slight edge mainly because he has pitched in the majors while Prior has yet to make his pro debut.

kermittheefrog
02-27-2002, 07:39 PM
I think if we had a young pitcher anywhere near as good as Beckett, he'd get Beckett hype. Beckett truly is crazy talented and until Prior starts producing as a professional he isn't close to Beckett.