PDA

View Full Version : How good is Rauch gonna be?


MattSharp
02-27-2002, 01:53 PM
They have been talking a bout him for a couple years. Is he really gonna be that great? Coming off surgery and everything? I don't see him making the team this year? Whats gonna happen...

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
They have been talking a bout him for a couple years. Is he really gonna be that great? Coming off surgery and everything? I don't see him making the team this year? Whats gonna happen...

They're talking about him maybe coming up in June or July. Obviously depending if he's back to form. He's supposed to be a real dominating stud. I can't wait to see him. I'll bet he would have been on the opening day roster this year if he didn't miss most of 2001 in the minors.

Dadawg_77
02-27-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
They have been talking a bout him for a couple years. Is he really gonna be that great? Coming off surgery and everything? I don't see him making the team this year? Whats gonna happen...

He pitched great vs Danish hitters. The word out of camp is he is better now then he was before the surgery. The workouts he did for rehab made him stronger is what they say.

RichH55
02-27-2002, 03:50 PM
And when he comes up he doesn't have to be the Ace from Day One....good situation for the kid to come back to

foulkesfan11
02-28-2002, 09:54 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about Rausch. I can't wait to see him up here. I think he will be a little intimidating because of his height. He's not the nicest looking guy either. Wasn't he compared to Randy Johnson at one time?

Daver
02-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I've heard nothing but good things about Rausch. I can't wait to see him up here. I think he will be a little intimidating because of his height. He's not the nicest looking guy either. Wasn't he compared to Randy Johnson at one time?

Only in reference to his height,he has nothing on Randy's fastball,scouts nicknamed him the "Bigger Unit".

Chisox_cali
02-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by daver


Only in reference to his height,he has nothing on Randy's fastball,scouts nicknamed him the "Bigger Unit".

If they call Seattle's 6'11'' pitcher "The Space Needle" why not call Rauch "The Sears Tower"?

On a side note whitesox.com said he pitched well in the inning of work he did in todays intrasquad game.

baggio202
02-28-2002, 10:14 PM
lets hope he is the real deal...after surgery its hard to tell...remember howry..he looked dominating for about 2 weeks...then went right in the crapper wioth his fastball in the high 80's....hopefully rauch doesnt have that trouble...i think it would be best for him if he just pitched at charlotte this eyar...keep him on a strict pitch count and let him gain his strength back over time...he is too valuable to rusbh up here before he is ready and screw him up for good...i

hope we learned our lesson with kip...sox ruined him..one year in organized ball and they lable him the number 2 pitcher going into '00...now he will probably win 20 games for pittsburgh

CubKilla
02-28-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


They're talking about him maybe coming up in June or July. Obviously depending if he's back to form. He's supposed to be a real dominating stud. I can't wait to see him. I'll bet he would have been on the opening day roster this year if he didn't miss most of 2001 in the minors. \

You beat me to Diznogg. LOL

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
\

You beat me to Diznogg. LOL

I have a lot of time on my hands. what can i say? lol

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
lets hope he is the real deal...after surgery its hard to tell...remember howry..he looked dominating for about 2 weeks...then went right in the crapper wioth his fastball in the high 80's....hopefully rauch doesnt have that trouble...i think it would be best for him if he just pitched at charlotte this eyar...keep him on a strict pitch count and let him gain his strength back over time...he is too valuable to rusbh up here before he is ready and screw him up for good...i

hope we learned our lesson with kip...sox ruined him..one year in organized ball and they lable him the number 2 pitcher going into '00...now he will probably win 20 games for pittsburgh

I doubt kip will win 20 games unless he magically grows a set of balls.

WinningUgly!
02-28-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


I doubt kip will win 20 games unless he magically grows a set of balls.

Kip will win 20 games...it could take 2 or 3 seasons though. :D:

Pete_SSAC
02-28-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


I doubt kip will win 20 games unless he magically grows a set of balls.

Isn't there a cream for that or something? :o:

- Pete

Jerry_Manuel
02-28-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Isn't there a cream for that or something? :o:


I have no idea.

However, what I do know is it would be pretty simple to see who is using that stuff. Everyone would have one Mickey Mouse hand.

I know, poor taste. :o:

Daver
02-28-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


I have no idea.

However, what I do know is it would be pretty simple to see who is using that stuff. Everyone would have one Mickey Mouse hand.

I know, poor taste. :o:


Poor Taste Alert

Jerry_Manuel
02-28-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by daver
Poor Taste Alert

I figured, the Mickey Mouse thing was to far.

Pete_SSAC
02-28-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


I figured, the Mickey Mouse thing was to far.

Yeah, I didn't touch the Mickey Mouse hand, I only touched.... uhhh.. how do I make the text green for a poor tast alert?

:D:

- Pete