PDA

View Full Version : *Hawk* "He was the best...I've ever seen"

SoxFan76
09-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Didn't know where to put this one...

You know Hawk's obscure references to the "best"? Make your own!

Example, "So and so was the best 2 strike bunter I've ever seen."

That's a real one. Let's see what totally ridiculous ones we can think of. I, however, have to go to class.

cheeses_h_rice
09-13-2006, 01:16 PM
"Now Freddie Patek, I remember when he was on some of those Royals teams in the mid '70s...he flat wore out Sox starting pitching as the game progressed into the late innings. He was easily one of the best -- if not THE best -- at fouling off 8, 9, 10 pitches in a row. And often times he'd come through for ya, come through with a crucial base knock. I'm telling ya DJ, Freddie Patek was really something. His numbers might not show it, but yep, he was something."

samram
09-13-2006, 01:30 PM
"Aaron Rowand was the best I ever saw at getting a bad jump on a ball and then running into the wall to make a catch he should have made in his hip pocket."

MikeLove
09-13-2006, 02:06 PM
haha i always used to make jokes like this:

"Well hes one the best at hitting 2-1 mistake sliders that are out of the zone, ever. Yeah you did that back in my day and youd make yourself a lot of money."

dj: "boy i'll say"

SoxFan76
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
"He was the best 3-0 fastball hitter in innings 6-9 that I've ever seen. Wish I could of done that. Would of made myself a lot more money."

DJ: "Boy, I'll say."

soxfan13
09-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Hawk- "Skottyj was the best double fisted drinker I ever saw"

DJ- "yep":bandance:

infohawk
09-13-2006, 03:27 PM
"I'll tell ya what D.J., A.J. Pierzynski is one of the all-time best, if not the absolute best, at taking first base on a called third strike in the dirt. Mercy! He has some stones, I'll tell ya that!"

Dibbs
09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Rocky Colavito was the best ever at knowing when the ball was going out of the park. The ball would clear the fence by two inches and he would be in his homerun trot. He was right every time.

Britt Burns
09-13-2006, 08:46 PM
According to Farmio, everyone likes to swing on the first pitch and half of them are the best he has ever seen at connecting with it.

slobes
09-13-2006, 08:48 PM
One of my favorite real ones:

"Frank Thomas is the best checker of swings that I have ever seen"

Dan Mega
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
According to Farmio, everyone likes to swing on the first pitch and half of them are the best he has ever seen at connecting with it.

Also according to Farmio, "a homerun here would be huge":D:

Myrtle72
09-14-2006, 05:00 AM
One of my favorite real ones:

"Frank Thomas is the best checker of swings that I have ever seen"

"checker of swings..."

Awesome.

Huisj
09-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Didn't he go on early in the year about how Shane Costa on KC is going to be great because he hit the highest popups he's ever seen during spring training?

And here's one from a few games ago:

"Spanky LaValliere was the best I ever saw at looking like he was running real hard and not really getting anywhere."

gobears1987
09-14-2006, 01:52 PM
If Scott Podsednik is up and the Sox are down by a run: "A homerun here would tie the game."

Scottzilla
09-14-2006, 02:35 PM
If Scott Podsednik is up and the Sox are down by a run: "A homerun here would tie the game."

so Scott has never hit a game winning HR?

likeawarlord
09-14-2006, 03:14 PM

oh, for the long one here, folks.

MVP
09-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Tadahito Iguchi is the best Iíve ever seen at getting thrown out at home from second base on a basehit to rightfiled as a result of suddenly stopping between 3rd base and home plate, while assuming that the basehit was caught in the air by the right fielder and forgetting that there were two outs anyway. Heís the best Iíve ever seen at that.

At the same time, heís the best Iíve seen at picking a softly hit grounder just past the pitcher's mound while stumbling and losing his balance and still making an accurate blind throw to first as his body falls almost parallel to the ground face first and still getting the runner out.

slobes
09-14-2006, 05:59 PM

"A bloop and a blast and we're within a slam"

rainbow6
09-14-2006, 09:29 PM
I always imagine Farmer furrowing his brow, fumbling with a calculator throughout the game, waiting for on opportunity to let his audience - who he must assume are all 3rd graders - that the Sox are 'within a slam.'

"A bloop and a blast and we're within a slam"