PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea

AsInWreck
02-27-2002, 11:59 AM
What do you guys think of this trade - now that D'backs have hole at third - J Crede and M Johnson
for Damian Miller. Miller is a solid all around catcher, a pretty decent hitter, consistently bats
around .275 and has some pop, and is as good or better behind the plate than anyone we have now- the D'backs are considering 2 or 3 second baseman to take over 3rd, and I don't think that wwould be the best, considering most of them have weak arms, so i think AZ might consider/ what do you guys think?

hold2dibber
02-27-2002, 12:13 PM
I absolutely would not do it. Although I'm not yet sold on Crede, I wouldn't even trade him straight up for Miller; based on the guy's success at ever level in the minors and his solid glove, he is still too much of a prospect to give up for a middle of the road catcher like Miller. I don't think he's significantly better than Johnson anyway and I like Johnson's left handed bat, which are line up is sorely lacking.

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 12:18 PM
:b&b

uhhhhhhhh.......No............

AsInWreck
02-27-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
:b&b

uhhhhhhhh.......No............

hey, i don't think I deserve the beavis treatment here for one reason: the sox catching corp SUCKs-
its the teams most glaring weakness as far as position players go, and miller would be an upgrade, i don't see how you couldn;t agree w/ that. But if you really think Crede is that valuable then i can see why you'd disagree-

RichH55
02-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Catcher is simply a huge blackhole here.....lets hope for some good development by Olivio this year,.....though Baseball Prospectus wasnt that big on him

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck

hey, i don't think I deserve the beavis treatment here for one reason: the sox catching corp SUCKs-
its the teams most glaring weakness as far as position players go, and miller would be an upgrade, i don't see how you couldn;t agree w/ that. But if you really think Crede is that valuable then i can see why you'd disagree-

The beavis and but head wasn't a direct shot at you. I just like using that tag. :smile:

I am confused on Crede. I think he could be the next Ventura here. If they let him play.

AsInWreck
02-27-2002, 01:22 PM
well, i wouldn't trade a 23 year old ventura for miller, but i'm skeptical that crede will be that good.

Iguana775
02-27-2002, 01:28 PM

The beavis and but head wasn't a direct shot at you. I just like using that tag. :smile:

kind of me liking to use this one...

:kermit

CerberusWG
02-27-2002, 01:33 PM
I'd do that only if we'd get Durazo in return :)

doctor30th
02-27-2002, 01:44 PM
kind of me liking to use this one...

:kermit

That's funny, I know the girl who made that Kermit gif.

But I'd say no to millar, I think he had off season shoulder surgery, I'm not sure, but I think he did.

duke of dorwood
02-27-2002, 02:01 PM
I said yesterday give them the Choice, and THEY can move a shortstop to third.

LongDistanceFan
02-27-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck

its the teams most glaring weakness as far as position players go, and miller would be an upgrade, i don't see how you couldn;t agree w/ that. But if you really think Crede is that valuable then i can see why you'd disagree- need to develop a thicker skin here.............. everybody is fair game...........

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
need to develop a thicker skin here.............. everybody is fair game...........

especially in those late night brawls. :D:

longshot7
02-27-2002, 05:13 PM
you've got to be kidding me.... I follow the NL West, and let me tell you...
you don't want Miller

Jerry_Manuel
02-27-2002, 05:17 PM
I am confused on Crede. I think he could be the next Ventura here. If they let him play.

After the great season by Perry, the Sox had no choice but to bring him back. That's why Crede didn't win the job in 2001. The reason he didn't play in September is becasue Williams knew after months of trying that nobody wanted Clayton. So he was stuck with Royce and Crede heads back to Charlotte. It's that simple. He won't make the team this year either.