PDA

View Full Version : Man stabbed outside of Comerica Park

Fenway
09-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Man stabbed outside of Comerica Park (http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060913/NEWS99/60913002)
The Detroit Police Department said this morning that a 45-year-old man is in custody for allegedly stabbing a Tigers fan outside Comerica Park after Tuesday night's baseball game.

TheDarkGundam
09-13-2006, 10:37 AM
I must say I am shocked. To think a thing like this could happen outside of...
Oh, did you say Comerica?
:tongue:

Fenway
09-13-2006, 10:40 AM

It maybe the only MLB park with a homeless shelter next door. That place made Pacfic Garden look like The Palmer House

jenn2080
09-13-2006, 11:43 AM
im shocked. in such a safe neighborhood.

Iwritecode
09-13-2006, 11:48 AM
How long before somebody claims it was a Sox fan that did it?

Oblong
09-13-2006, 11:49 AM
first time I've heard of this type of thing happening and Comerica Park's in it's 7th year. How bad can it be?

The reports I've seen suggest the fan got into an argument with the homeless man.

The lesson is to not engage them. If you want to give them money, then do it and walk away. If you do not, then just say "sorry" or keep walking.

BTW, there is no homeless shelter next door. There's Cheli's Chili, some churches (which may provide assistance to the homeless), Ford Field, some restaurants, some retail shops, and parking lots.

Fenway
09-13-2006, 11:53 AM
first time I've heard of this type of thing happening and Comerica Park's in it's 7th year. How bad can it be?

The reports I've seen suggest the fan got into an argument with the homeless man.

The lesson is to not engage them. If you want to give them money, then do it and walk away. If you do not, then just say "sorry" or keep walking.

BTW, there is no homeless shelter next door. There's Cheli's Chili, some churches (which may provide assistance to the homeless), Ford Field, some restaurants, some retail shops, and parking lots.

The church next to Cheli's was a shelter last June....what a crew outside

gobears1987
09-13-2006, 12:45 PM
im shocked. in such a safe neighborhood.
:tealpolice:

Pull over to the side of the road.

maurice
09-13-2006, 01:28 PM
I have no problem with the neighborhood around Comerica. It used to be semi-vacant and kinda seedy, but got a big boost after Detroit was awarded the Superbowl.

This just shows that it's about as safe as "Wrigleyville."

MUsoxfan
09-13-2006, 03:05 PM

Sox fans hate when people stereotype the area around the Cell. I'm sure Tigers fans have the same feelings when people stereotype their place. I've been to the area around Comerica and it wasn't even a little bit "threatening". There are crazy *******s in every city

Scottiehaswheels
09-13-2006, 03:21 PM
This doesn't surprise me... I was threatened to be shived last year when I went up there for the clinching games.... Some Tiger fan didn't like the fact that I was clapping after the game and told me he was gonna stick a knife in me for doing so... Then I stood up and he backed away... lol

ewokpelts
09-13-2006, 08:01 PM
It maybe the only MLB park with a homeless shelter next door. That place made Pacfic Garden look like The Palmer House

fenway, dont bring up the palmer house right now

soxinem1
09-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Sox fans hate when people stereotype the area around the Cell. I'm sure Tigers fans have the same feelings when people stereotype their place. I've been to the area around Comerica and it wasn't even a little bit "threatening". There are crazy *******s in every city

And let me add that in such laid back 'great' neighborhood settings like Wrigley and LA, fans have been killed recently.

Actually, the areas around Comerica are far better than they used to be, and definitely better than the surrounds of one of my favorites, lovely Tiger Stadium.

A. Cavatica
09-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Was the "homeless man" Dmitri Young?

DumpJerry
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Per Moronetti:

A baseball fan was stabbed outside a ballpark in the Detroit area which is near Interstate 94. In case you don't what I-94 is, it is the highway that zips rights past U.S. Cellular Field. It even has a public transportation train on it. Police officials tell me that they cannot rule out a connection to the afroementioned U.S. Celllular Field due to the easy getaway route it provides.

Sox-o-matic
09-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Ugh.

I hope this doesn't hurt the Tigers PR wise. Yeah Detrioit is dangerous, but so is every other place in America if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You'd think that with all the success and recognition the Pistons have had and the Tigers are having this year, someone would step up and clean that place up a bit. You know, maybe knock down some buildings, set up a couple parks, etc.

Etownsox13
09-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Was the "homeless man" Dmitri Young?

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Classic

TheDarkGundam
09-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Ah, WSI. "Totally biased, utterly petty, and completely unobjective", yet God forbid we mock another team's stadium, or don't feel bad when a player on another team is injured.:rolleyes:

HotelWhiteSox
09-14-2006, 01:02 AM
How long before somebody claims it was a Sox fan that did it?

:knue

You rang?