PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV Problems

hi im skot
09-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Monday and Tuesday's games have been awful on MLB.TV. It's been extremely choppy, and I'm getting video freeze every ten seconds or so.

I've had MLB.TV all season long, and it's never been quite this bad. Is anyone else having problems with it, or do I need to reexamine my connection?

MarySwiss
09-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Monday and Tuesday's games have been awful on MLB.TV. It's been extremely choppy, and I'm getting video freeze every ten seconds or so.

I've had MLB.TV all season long, and it's never been quite this bad. Is anyone else having problems with it, or do I need to reexamine my connection?

I had it last year, and it's been much worse this year. If it gets really bad, try closing out of MLB and opening it again. I know--pain in the ass, you have to sign in again and all that ****, but it does help. Sometimes.

hi im skot
09-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks, Mary.

I've tried it a couple times, but I'll give it another run.

If I have the continued problem, I imagine a phone call to customer service is in order...

chaotic8512
09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one having this problem. It's frustrating enough that I have watch the Angels' broadcast... at least let me watch my Sox without difficulty. :angry:

MarySwiss
09-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Well, I'm not actually having this problem tonight, but I have had it a lot this year, and I agree; it makes you want to kick in the screen! :angry:

hi im skot
09-12-2006, 10:41 PM
This is brutal.

MLB.TV is dropping the ball big time on this one.

MarySwiss
09-12-2006, 10:43 PM
This is brutal.

Skot:
Sounds extreme. Try shutting down your computer completely and rebooting.

hi im skot
09-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Skot:
Sounds extreme. Try shutting down your computer completely and rebooting.

I'll try anything at this point!

hi im skot
09-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Looks like I'm listening to the radio for this one...

Thanks for the suggestions, Mary!

CLR01
09-12-2006, 10:57 PM
This is brutal.

You know it may be your system that is the problem.

Evman5
09-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Same thing happens for me. The audio is ahead of the video most of the time and anytime i go to full screen it gets really choppy. I also have to quit out and restart mlb.tv because the video will just freeze completely.

MarySwiss
09-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Same thing happens for me. The audio is ahead of the video most of the time and anytime i go to full screen it gets really choppy. I also have to quit out and restart mlb.tv because the video will just freeze completely.
Yeah, MLB.TV has really sucked this year. But what can you do?

hi im skot
09-12-2006, 11:05 PM
You know it may be your system that is the problem.

This is quite true; however, I haven't had any issues with this in the past, and it appears that I'm not the only one having difficulties.

I'm guessing mlb.com is experiencing heavy traffic or something.

Kub_Killer_15
09-13-2006, 12:17 AM
$14.95 a month is the greatest deal your going to find. But yes it does get pretty frustrating when the game stops every 10 seconds. Mine use to be really bad until I deleted Limewire and now it freezes seldomly.

Gavin
09-13-2006, 12:22 AM
I thought this thread was about Tom Petty.

Irishsoxfan
09-13-2006, 01:04 AM
Follow these instructions if you haven't already. They fixed it up for me.
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/help/faq_technical.jsp