PDA

View Full Version : Durham talking smack

ma-gaga
02-26-2002, 11:20 PM
heh, you think they'd learn...

to the beat writer of the Twinkies (http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/1700793.html)

MarqSox
02-26-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

to the beat writer of the Twinkies (http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/1700793.html)

I'm never a fan of bulletinboard material, but man, has there ever been a team that beat you 16 of 19 times that was so unintimidating?

Kilroy
02-26-2002, 11:50 PM
That's an old quote anyway. As I remember, he made that statement at SoxFest. Still, Ray better just shut up and play.

foulkesfan11
02-26-2002, 11:52 PM
Someone should smack Ray period unless he starts playing with some heart.

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 02:53 AM
:jerry
"You better bring your "A " game"

PaleHoseGeorge
02-27-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

As someone else pointed out, that is an old quote. Perhaps the sportswriters in Minne-no-place are too busy covering ice fishing to notice?

:smile:

However, I remember thinking that was a pretty stupid thing for Durham to say on several different levels. Obviously it makes perfect bulletin board material for the opposition. Given that the Twins are in our division, we play them 19 times, and they practically wiped us out of playoff contention all by themselves last year, you would think Durham would show more respect for the Twinkies.

Finally, since when did Ray Durham decide any of us care who he thinks is a good team or a bad team? We care a lot about winning and losing, but not his opinion of each team's strengths. When the Sox beat the Twins 16 of 19 games, I guess Ray Durham will have something to crow about. Until then, he's playing the same silly fool he's been playing ever since he made the Show.

:ray
"I take my hat rack with me wherever I go!"

duke of dorwood
02-27-2002, 10:35 AM
Under-achievers should just shut up.

:hitless

That's my creedo

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 10:45 AM
It really pisses me off how the media is making a heaven on earth for the cubs and all this bickering for the Sox. Just another reason to hate the cubs and the cluless *******s that favor that team.