PDA

View Full Version : Sept23 time change

Kogs35
09-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Fox strikes again. game now 12:25

ChicagoHoosier
09-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Sweet! HD broadcast! I don't Comcast or WGN in HD with Dish Network, so this is great.

Kogs35
09-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Sweet! HD broadcast! I don't Comcast or WGN in HD with Dish Network, so this is great.

fox doesnt broadcast regular season games in hd IIRC only all star game and playoffs.

mantis1212
09-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Fox NEEDS to strike on Sept 30th so that freaking game can be televised. I can't beleive a game of that potential magnitude will not be on TV...

chisoxfanatic
09-11-2006, 07:09 PM
This is gonna suck for our huge group outing!

anewman35
09-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Fox NEEDS to strike on Sept 30th so that freaking game can be televised. I can't beleive a game of that potential magnitude will not be on TV...

They won't do this, but what they should do is cancel the Saturday game and play a double header on Sunday. Can you imagine how crazy that would be?

Kogs35
09-11-2006, 07:13 PM

we will find out in the next couple of weeks when they make there game selection on the weekend of the 23.

chisoxfanatic
09-11-2006, 07:22 PM
They won't do this, but what they should do is cancel the Saturday game and play a double header on Sunday. Can you imagine how crazy that would be?

What they SHOULD do is schedule COLLEGE sporting events around the PROFESSIONAL sports teams they share their home stadium with. This is all the Golden Gopher's faults. If it weren't for their home game, we'd have this at a regular, televisable time!!!

anewman35
09-11-2006, 07:24 PM
What they SHOULD do is schedule COLLEGE sporting events around the PROFESSIONAL sports teams they share their home stadium with. This is all the Golden Gopher's faults. If it weren't for their home game, we'd have this at a regular, televisable time!!!

No, it's the fault of the Twins for ever agreeing to a lease that puts them in position behind a college team. I can't wait til the move out of that dump.

anewman35
09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
we will find out in the next couple of weeks when they make there game selection on the weekend of the 23.

I think the chances of Fox picking up the game are very slim. They can't move the time to their typical start time, and I doubt they care about Chicago or Minnesota enough to move around their schedule.

jenn2080
09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
i was looking forward to a night game ....BOO FOX

Kogs35
09-11-2006, 07:32 PM
I think the chances of Fox picking up the game are very slim. They can't move the time to their typical start time, and I doubt they care about Chicago or Minnesota enough to move around their schedule.

a few years ago they had a scheduled game from twinkiland that started at 11:00am central time. it ended up being taken off the schedule because the rangers fell out of the race, but they actually once did schedule a game at the twinkie dome with a 11:00am central time start

FoulkeFan
09-11-2006, 08:14 PM

Not that I don't believe you but... is there a link or something that makes this official?

bnlfanmatt
09-11-2006, 08:18 PM
I was hoping he was wrong as well, but the official schedule has the change: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws

OzzieBall2004
09-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I was hoping he was wrong as well, but the official schedule has the change: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws

It's a blessing in disguise...the 9/30 game will now be televised. A friend of mine works for FOX Sports and said that was one of the stipulations of picking the 9/23 game up.

Crede_Fan
09-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Sucks for me. Last week I scored 2 tickets for Sec 147 row cc from ticketmaster. And now they switched the game time to when I work.

:whiner: :angry: :whiner: :angry: :whiner: :angry:

TheOldRoman
09-11-2006, 09:16 PM

No. The Metrodome was built with public funds, for use by a public institution (U of M), along with two professional teams. The public institution should have preference. If the Twins wanted preference for games, they should have spent their own money and built a ****ing baseball park 25 years ago so we never had to see a game in that ****ty dome.

BTW, the biggest cluprit is the MLB schedule makers. NCAA football schedules are made around 3 years in advance, while MLB schedules are made every offseason. These dumbasses knew that they were scheduling the Sox and Twins on a day the Gophers play, but they don't care. They could have easily switched our last Minn series with this upcoming one, but then the Sox wouldn't get screwed and have to go on the road to end the season.:angry:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-11-2006, 09:26 PM

There are more Gopher fans / voters in Minnesota than Twins fans which is one of the reasons why the state owned facility gives preference to their collegiate team in their lease.

Minnesota's college football team is at home on Sept 8, 22 & 29th next year. The Vikings will also have two home games in September. MLB will have this issue at least once each September. It is MLB's fault for not getting an exception to their own blackout rules.

Paging Bud Selig....

Kub_Killer_15
09-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Yes I can watch that game on regular tv:bandance:

bnlfanmatt
09-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Sucks for me. Last week I scored 2 tickets for Sec 147 row cc from ticketmaster. And now they switched the game time to when I work.

:whiner: :angry: :whiner: :angry: :whiner: :angry:

That's why I was hoping there wasn't a time change, I'll be more likely to work then. (I won't know until the week before.)

DumpJerry
09-11-2006, 10:31 PM

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:
I had my tickets on the Exchange because of Rosh Hashanah. Now I can go to the game! This is a sign that it will be the day either the Tigers or Twins are eliminated and we are ensured of baseball in October.

As the above posters said, NCAA schedules are set years in advance. Even if this were not the case, why should college sports play second fiddle to a professional team? The college team brings in more money to the local economy, supports a major university to which everyone in town pays taxes to support and many send their kids to and is made up of more locally bred players than the pro team.

ewokpelts
09-11-2006, 11:55 PM
:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:
I had my tickets on the Exchange because of Rosh Hashanah. Now I can go to the game! This is a sign that it will be the day either the Tigers or Twins are eliminated and we are ensured of baseball in October.

Yahweh (or the god of your choice) works in mysterious ways.

MrRoboto83
09-11-2006, 11:57 PM
I can now go to the game, thank you Fox (I can't believe I said that)

StillMissOzzie
09-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Well, now I get screwed out of the fireworks show, but does this mean that Nancy will be playing now, or will she still have the day off?

SMO
:?:

robiwho
09-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Glad the time change is working for someone. I can't go to the game now because I scheduled my son's 8th birthday party from 12:00-2:00 that day, specifically so I could make it to the game. Fortunately, he was in bed last night when I first read this thread and cursed a blue streak. :angry:

TDog
09-12-2006, 03:59 PM

I don't own a television, and even I can see it's a cause worthy of canceling all college football that Saturday.

soxfanaticpaulie
09-12-2006, 04:24 PM
...so stop worrying!

Here is the email for the gametime change:

Dear Paul,

Please note that Fox has picked up our game against Seattle on Saturday, September 23rd, which changes the game time from 6:05 p.m. to 12:15 p.m. The gates for this game will open at 10:45 am.

In addition, we were also able to work out a deal that assures us that our game at Minnesota on Saturday, September 30th will be televised. This game will be televised by Fox or Comcast and a decision as to which station will carry this game will be announced shortly.

Thanks and Go Sox!

Jeff Bogacki

Thanks and Go Sox!

Jeff Bogacki

Blob
09-12-2006, 04:42 PM

Are you sure about that? I got this from my ticket rep along with the Sept 23rd game time change...

Please note that Fox has picked up our game against Seattle on Saturday,
September 23rd, which changes the game time from 6:05 p.m. to 12:15 p.m. The
gates for this game will open at 10:45 am.

In addition, we were also able to work out a deal that assures us that our game
at Minnesota on Saturday, September 30th will be televised. This game will be
televised by Fox or Comcast and a decision as to which station will carry this
game will be announced shortly.

Edit: Too late...FINE! NO SOUP FOR YOU!! :D:

soxfanaticpaulie
09-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Is there an echo in here?:D:

Crede_Fan
09-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Is there an echo in here?:D:

Yep!:tongue:

It is also posted on WhiteSox.Com.

MarySwiss
09-12-2006, 05:24 PM

From your lips to Yahweh's ears, Dump! :D:

assrevolution
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM
This truly blows. The last Saturday night game of the year, gone. There's just something about baseball in late September under the lights that shouldn't be touched due to television.
I've got terrace suite tix for this game and don't want my open bar to start at 11. The rest of my day will be completely useless.

spongyfungy
09-14-2006, 02:07 AM
fox doesnt broadcast regular season games in hd IIRC only all star game and playoffs.

I think that's messed up. Fox has the money to present their games. Why not just do it. Preseason NFL games and little league regionals are in HD. Fox regular season games of the week is in standard digital widescreen mode which is pretty grainy.

chisoxfanatic
09-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Well, this did screw up our group outing afterall! The organizer of the event had to refund everyone and cancel with the White Sox, which turned out to be a major hassle for him. We're gonna instead have a group outing at a Bulls' game this December.

ewokpelts
09-14-2006, 03:10 PM
This truly blows. The last Saturday night game of the year, gone. There's just something about baseball in late September under the lights that shouldn't be touched due to television.
I've got terrace suite tix for this game and don't want my open bar to start at 11. The rest of my day will be completely useless.i'll take thos etickets off your hands if you want

Realist
09-14-2006, 03:41 PM
The rest of my day will be completely useless.

Everybody is entitled to 80 or 90 days like that a year. Enjoy it with a breakfast beer and a Sox victory. :smile: