PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh

Chi Town Sox
09-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I just noticed the Twins get Liriano back Wednesday.......

Looking to tonights game we can get within 3 of the tigers.

The Dude
09-11-2006, 04:07 PM

Why is this in the Sox Clubhouse? :dunno:

Also, great title!

Fake Chet Lemon
09-11-2006, 04:18 PM

But we countered by getting Hermanson back. It's equal.

Chicken Dinner
09-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Don't forget about our 8 minor leaguers.

FielderJones
09-11-2006, 04:31 PM
I just noticed the Twins get Liriano back Wednesday.

I'll start worrying about him after I see him pitch effectively. Until then he's just another injured pitcher coming off the DL, whose stuff is suspect.

Nellie_Fox
09-11-2006, 04:40 PM
I'll start worrying about him after I see him pitch effectively. Until then he's just another injured pitcher coming off the DL, whose stuff is suspect.I know it's only AAA, but he apparently looked just fine in a Rochester rehab start.

Link (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/baseball/15483252.htm).

Lip Man 1
09-11-2006, 08:08 PM
How the Twins have survived and even thrived without (for decent periods of time) Liriano, Radke, Stewart, Hunter and Ford is absolutely amazing.

I hate that franchise but you have to admire and respect what they have done so far this season and for the decade.

Lip

Grzegorz
09-11-2006, 08:14 PM

That's it, pack it up, it's over...

When's tee time??? :tongue:

Bring it on...

Dibbs
09-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I'll start worrying about him after I see him pitch effectively. Until then he's just another injured pitcher coming off the DL, whose stuff is suspect.

If you keep telling yourself that, you may actually believe it!:D:

Sox-o-matic
09-12-2006, 03:13 AM
How the Twins have survived and even thrived without (for decent periods of time) Liriano, Radke, Stewart, Hunter and Ford is absolutely amazing.

I hate that franchise but you have to admire and respect what they have done so far this season and for the decade.

Lip

That is exactly what they do best. The next time they struggle Gardenhire should take a club to Torii Hunter and put him on the shelf. That way they can bring up another mildly talented outfielder to suddenly hit about .400 and ignite the team.

Hitmen77
09-12-2006, 08:23 AM

Lip

The Twins have gained only 1 game on the Sox since July 26. So, how is it that the Twins have thrived during this time while the common perception is that the Sox have imploded? :dunno: But, I agree that you have to admire their ability to remain competitive with a limited payroll.

Regardless, all that matters is who finishes with more wins and they're leading us right now.

ma-gaga
09-12-2006, 09:42 AM
The Twins have gained only 1 game on the Sox since July 26. So, how is it that the Twins have thrived during this time while the common perception is that the Sox have imploded?

Ok, I'll bite.

Since July 11th, the Twins have gained 10.5 games on the W.Sox.

:)

Hitmen77
09-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Ok, I'll bite.

Since July 11th, the Twins have gained 10.5 games on the W.Sox.

Ouch. No argument that they had a great run in June and July.

But I was talking about the question of the Twins doing well since Liriano went down at the beginning of August. Both teams have been about even for the last month and a half. Now, Liriano is back and the Sox starters are apparently getting back on track. It'll be an interesting finish.

spiffie
09-12-2006, 10:04 AM
His stuff may be awesome, but according to Buster Olney's blog on ESPN the Twins have announced he will be on a 60-pitch count in his first start back. If the other team can work the count in any reasonable way his first start could be a 3-inning outing.

Domeshot17
09-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Since April 1, the Twins have only gained 1.5 games on the Sox, the Tigers 3. :smile:

hawkjt
09-12-2006, 10:58 AM
well, the A's are all bout on base percentage and working the pitcher, right?

Work him , A's. he will face the sox on Friday, the 29th. With Santana on Oct 1.

If the twins have clinched the wildcard or division , will they use Santana on Sunday to keep the sox out or save him for the first playoff game?

They would do the later, I assume. It may be our only hope.

INSox56
09-12-2006, 11:13 AM
...doesn't help that half the twins lineup is having career number years...3/4 of their damn team is over 270-300 for christ sake.

Iwritecode
09-12-2006, 11:26 AM
well, the A's are all bout on base percentage and working the pitcher, right?

Work him , A's. he will face the sox on Friday, the 29th. With Santana on Oct 1.

If the twins have clinched the wildcard or division , will they use Santana on Sunday to keep the sox out or save him for the first playoff game?

They would do the later, I assume. It may be our only hope.

They would most certainly do the latter. Once they get in, I doubt they'll care who follows. Did we really care who pitched against Cleveland during that last series in 2005? Does anyone actually remember who pitched?

I remember Boston fans being upset about the Sox fielding a "b" team for that series...

SoxEd
09-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I remember Boston fans being upset about the Sox fielding a "b" team for that series...

...which, IIRC, we Swept.

Before sweeping 'some team from New England' in the ALDS.

Ah, good times....
:cool:

Domeshot17
09-12-2006, 11:58 AM
I remember Ross Gload owning that series. A few nice diving catches in the OF, a game winning hit, a monster series for the gloadster

Iwritecode
09-12-2006, 12:17 PM
I remember Ross Gload owning that series. A few nice diving catches in the OF, a game winning hit, a monster series for the gloadster

I remember next to nothing about that last series. We went camping that weekend and I just knew that the Sox were in the playoffs and it really didn't matter much whether they won or lost. I watched a few innings of the Saturday game but I think that was about it.

I did laugh at how much Cleveland stunk that series after being nearly unstoppable the previous 2 months or so...

hawkjt
09-12-2006, 12:35 PM
tigers-rangers series-

padilla vs rogers
millwood vs verlander

I think the texas starters have a chance - if tonites game does not get rained out- if so then doubleheader tomorrow- no one sweeps usually- not good. We need the rangers to step up and win a pair.

Hitmen77
09-13-2006, 10:33 PM

Ding ding ding.....we have a winner.