PDA

View Full Version : Sammymania

Viva Magglio
02-26-2002, 09:41 PM
:shammy
"Good morning, America!!!"

The last time the arrival of someone got this much coverage from the media was I think 1979 when Pope John Paul II visited Chicago. Geez, what's the big deal of Sam-me arriving in Cubs camp?

ilovemags30
02-26-2002, 10:04 PM
i know i was thinking the same thing..this man is so freakin overrated its not rt. and u know that he is enjoying all this attention too..hes so stuck on himself.

"I jost so hoppy to be here basebol bean biddy biddy goot to me!"

Chisox_cali
02-26-2002, 10:13 PM
What is really sad is that they covered it over here on the local news sports report. of couse the Sports Guy we have over here is Bill Weir who I beleive was one of the sports guys for WGN a few years back, I could be wrong. Was he a Flubbie fan?

FarWestChicago
02-26-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
What is really sad is that they covered it over here on the local news sports report. of couse the Sports Guy we have over here is Bill Weir who I beleive was one of the sports guys for WGN a few years back, I could be wrong. Was he a Flubbie fan? They showed it here last night, too. I almost blew chunks. :angry:

HawkDJ
02-26-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
"Good morning, America!!!"

The last time the arrival of someone got this much coverage from the media was I think 1979 when Pope John Paul II visited Chicago. Geez, what's the big deal of Sam-me arriving in Cubs camp?

oooh, teal. Isn't it obvious???? Slammin Sammy hit like 1000 more home runs than Frank Thomas last year!!!

Give me a break.

foulkesfan11
02-26-2002, 10:22 PM
Maybe he'll get robbed again!

bc2k
02-26-2002, 10:54 PM
[B]:shammy

Is it just me or does sosa look to have downed syndrome. Ut oh, somebody has an extra x on their 21st chromosome.

Konerkofan
02-27-2002, 12:04 PM
yeah, there is something wrong w/ Sammy's face.

He says on the news, "I'm in da house, I'm in da house" with his boom box bumping to some rap $hit.

Sammy sucks!!!

CerberusWG
02-27-2002, 12:06 PM
We need to ask Sammy if he can say Nandrolone.

bjmarte
02-27-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
We need to ask Sammy if he can say Nandrolone.

Had to look that one up. (http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=Nandrolone)

Brian_X7
02-27-2002, 04:59 PM
Instead of taking your anger out on the media, per usual, why not blame management for trading Sosa in the first place? Oh, I forgot that would make Mr. Reinsdorf and Mr. Schuler accountable for the product. It's much easier to blame the media.

Nellie_Fox
02-27-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Brian_X7
Instead of taking your anger out on the media, per usual, why not blame management for trading Sosa in the first place? Oh, I forgot that would make Mr. Reinsdorf and Mr. Schuler accountable for the product. It's much easier to blame the media.
I love it when someone's first post is looking for a fight.

Sosa is overrated. We don't want him back. :troll

Konerkofan
02-27-2002, 05:09 PM
Sosa couldn't hit the ball out of Comiskey anyways, Wrigley is much easier to hit a homerun out of.

If he were on the Sox, his homerun numbers would not be so hot

cheeses_h_rice
02-27-2002, 05:17 PM

I believe you're a great Sox fan.

Welcome aboard!

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 05:19 PM

Don't worry. There's plenty of management bashing here.

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Konerkofan
Sosa couldn't hit the ball out of Comiskey anyways, Wrigley is much easier to hit a homerun out of.

If he were on the Sox, his homerun numbers would not be so hot

Might be just as easy now. 330 is not that far.

bjmarte
02-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I believe you're a great Sox fan.

Welcome aboard!

LOL!

FarmerAndy
02-27-2002, 07:05 PM
The thing that is so stupid about all of the "Sammy arrived at camp" hype is.....................

DID ANYBODY THINK HE WASN'T GOING TO SHOW UP TO CAMP?

Is this really news? How about late breaking reports everytime he takes a dump? Maybe a feature on what he ate for breakfast in the morning.

Who cares really? I do. Because it's an insult to our intelligence to feed us that crap and call it news. They might at well just come right out and call us all dumbf@#ks, because that's obviously what they think we all are.

Pete_SSAC
02-27-2002, 07:26 PM
Just me, or does Sosa's head look really tiny comapred to the rest of him...

Hmmm... is it just me, or anyone else think that the money that was "stolen" went to supply him with certain chemicals.

Hey, JM or Spiff! New image idea. Get a pic of Sosa from the press conferance, and tint his skin green, with a caption of "Sox make Sosa ANGRY!"

- Pete

PaleHoseGeorge
02-27-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

LOL! I guess Brian didn't bother reading the front page story!

For the record, anybody who loves winning baseball, hates Sammy Sosa. That goes double for Sox Fans. I'm glad he is messing up the Cubs. I still have nightmares of his wild swings and .203 BA. We won two championships within three seasons after ditching the guy.

What have the Flubs won with Shammy? 1998 National League Wild-Card "Co-Champions"! *****!!!!!

:gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
02-27-2002, 07:37 PM
Hmm, why hasn't our newfound "friend" bothered to respond to any of these posts...? I'm very surprised.

Daver
02-27-2002, 07:39 PM
Hmm, why hasn't our newfound "friend" bothered to respond to any of these posts...? I'm very surprised.

Fear of arrowass perhaps?

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 11:30 AM

It just amazes me how you guys give management a pass on this one. As a Cub fan, I'm still pissed at Larry Himes for letting Greg Maddux get away. Hell, I'm still not over Lou Brock. But you guys watch Sammy play 155+ games a year, hit 60+, 150+rbi, .330+ and he still bothers to bring a glove with him to work each day (has anyone found Franks glove?). Yet you guys are happy to not have him! You seem much more content with talking about how great your future is with current crop of minor leaguers. By the way, aren't you glad you kept all those "great" young arms that you just couldn't part with, even for established major league talent, 2-3 years ago?

You guys remind me of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football while Lucy (ie, Jerry, or Schu) is holding the ball.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 11:34 AM

It just amazes me how you guys give management a pass on this one. As a Cub fan, I'm still pissed at Larry Himes for letting Greg Maddux get away. Hell, I'm still not over Lou Brock. But you guys watch Sammy play 155+ games a year, hit 60+, 150+rbi, .330+ and he still bothers to bring a glove with him to work each day (has anyone found Franks glove?). Yet you guys are happy to not have him! You seem much more content with talking about how great your future is with current crop of minor leaguers. By the way, aren't you glad you kept all those "great" young arms that you just couldn't part with, even for established major league talent, 2-3 years ago?

You guys remind me of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football while Lucy (ie, Jerry, or Schu) is holding the ball.

*Flush!*

:troll

Randar68
02-28-2002, 11:40 AM

Name me one, non-individual entity, that Sammy has won....

Not a playoff series, not a world championship....

When you see a player swinging for the fences and striking out with runners in scoring position from 3-0 counts, you remember why the guy will never win a championship.

When your best players are selfish, you stand no chance in a team game, end of story.

The media in CHicago touts the tool as a 1st ballot hall of famer, but never even mention Frank. Please put their career numbers side-by-side and come back to talk to me. 3-5 great seasons does not make a HOF'er, a career and championships do...

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 11:45 AM
And let's not forget Sam-ME's 98 K's and .203 BA in his last stellar year with the Sox.

It's not like we were giving up anyone that was producing at the time. And we won the division title in 2 of the next 3 years.

voodoochile
02-28-2002, 11:51 AM

The Loss of ShamMEMEME is really not that big of a deal. He was destined for bigger things - media hype, HR records, Fans of Wrigley doing the Salaam. He never would have fit in on the SouthSide for long - we prefer winners. ShamMEMEME is all about ShamMEMEME. Remember his quotes after Mark Grace left?

He is a great hitter, when he tries. But, he hasn't been trying until last year really. He has just been swinging for the fences and watching the flubbie fans drool over him. He is a glory hog, a wifebeating, charity stealing hotdog. As long as he is the biggest story on the team, he is happy. That is all he cares about - being in the limelight.

You need to do some research and compare the career numbers of Frank and ShamMEMEME. Franks are way better and he has 2 more playoff appearances to boot. Keep ShamMEMEME. We will remain happy with our current group of pennant contenders and the young players who are up and coming in the next few years.

BTW - Has Kerry's arm fallen off yet?

pearso66
02-28-2002, 12:12 PM

i would laugh, but then i remember all the arm troubles our pitching staff has had the past year or 2

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 12:24 PM

You guys remind me of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football while Lucy (ie, Jerry, or Schu) is holding the ball. In case you weren't aware, there is no trolling allowed on this board. If you want to troll Sox fans, go to ESPN. If you want to prove there are actually 2 intelligent Cubs fans in known universe (Vic being the only known one so far), you are welcome to stay. This is you final warning on trolling.

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
In case you weren't aware, there is no trolling allowed on this board. If you want to troll Sox fans, go to ESPN. If you want to prove there are actually 2 intelligent Cubs fans in known universe (Vic being the only known one so far), you are welcome to stay. This is you final warning on trolling.

I pull out facts and you call it trolling? I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!!! The guy's going to the hall of fame (and has 1 more playoff win than Frank) and you all applaud your management. Why, why and why!!!??

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 12:49 PM
And let's not forget Sam-ME's 98 K's and .203 BA in his last stellar year with the Sox.

It's not like we were giving up anyone that was producing at the time. And we won the division title in 2 of the next 3 years.

Exactly what I was going to say. How long AFTER we traded him did he finally start to produce numbers worth keeping him around? Besides, we got 2 guys by the name of Frank and Maggs that do a pretty good job filling the void that Shammy left. That's the great thing about being an AL team.

Originally posted by voodoochile

The Loss of ShamMEMEME is really not that big of a deal. He was destined for bigger things - media hype, HR records, Fans of Wrigley doing the Salaam. He never would have fit in on the SouthSide for long - we prefer winners. ShamMEMEME is all about ShamMEMEME. Remember his quotes after Mark Grace left?

He is a great hitter, when he tries. But, he hasn't been trying until last year really. He has just been swinging for the fences and watching the flubbie fans drool over him. He is a glory hog, a wifebeating, charity stealing hotdog. As long as he is the biggest story on the team, he is happy. That is all he cares about - being in the limelight.

You need to do some research and compare the career numbers of Frank and ShamMEMEME. Franks are way better and he has 2 more playoff appearances to boot. Keep ShamMEMEME. We will remain happy with our current group of pennant contenders and the young players who are up and coming in the next few years.

When comparing these guys career #'s Frank beats Sosa in almost every category. Only two really stick out. K's (Sosa is much better at those than Frank) and HR's (only because of Sosa's recently found HR power which, in turn, contributes to his high number of K's).

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 12:50 PM

I pull out facts and you call it trolling? I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!!! The guy's going to the hall of fame (and has 1 more playoff win than Frank) and you all applaud your management. Why, why and why!!!??

What playoff game did Sosa play in that they actually won??? IIRC, the Sox are the last Chicago team to win a playoff game...

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 12:52 PM

You remind me of a troll who's about to be humilliated for daring to bleed flubby blue on this site. We don't need Shammy and his media show as he bull*****s you clueless fans of his patriotism running around like a dominican idiot with an American flag he cares less about. Are you one of those girlfriends who watch for Shammey to shake his ass for the boys in RF?

Let's get excited now! "Sammy's in the house"!

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 12:53 PM
:smile:

October 1998 victory over SF. Weak but still a playoff game.

pearso66
02-28-2002, 12:56 PM
granted, it was a playoff game to get into the playoffs, but i wouldnt count it, like you said, its weak

RedPinStripes

:b&b
"You dumbass! "

How can you consider that a playoff game. I am pretty sure that if shammy hit a homer that day it would have counted for regualr season too.

Iwritecode

I don't consider that a playoff game. That was a playoff game between 2 teams to get into the REAL play-offs. Plus, the only reason that game ever happened was because the Giants lost. That doesn't exactly make a HOF career. At least Thomas has lead the Sox to the play-offs twice (three times if you count the strike-shortened season) and hopefully can do it again this year.

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 12:58 PM

I pull out facts and you call it trolling? I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!!! The guy's going to the hall of fame (and has 1 more playoff win than Frank) and you all applaud your management. Why, why and why!!!?? Excuse me. You wrote:You guys remind me of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football while Lucy (ie, Jerry, or Schu) is holding the ball.Yes, that is trolling. I do not have time to play with you. Final, final warning. Shape up or ship out.

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 12:59 PM
Excuse me. You wrote:Yes, that is trolling. I do not have time to play with you. Final, final warning. Shape up or ship out.

I think he should go back to the flubby bunker.

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 01:01 PM

You remind me of a troll who's about to be humilliated for daring to bleed flubby blue on this site. We don't need Shammy and his media show as he bull*****s you clueless fans of his patriotism running around like a dominican idiot with an American flag he cares less about. Are you one of those girlfriends who watch for Shammey to shake his ass for the boys in RF?

Let's get excited now! "Sammy's in the house"!

Call it what you like, but you still haven't answered my question. Come June, Sammy will be greated by a chorus of "Sammy Sucks" at the blue ballpark. Exactly what has Sammy done to deserve this ritual? I MEAN IT. This makes no sense at all. I can see cheering wildly at striking him out or if he made an error. But the "Sammy Sucks" chant for taking the field?

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:01 PM

First of all, we rarely applaud management around here. They're all we got so we deal with them. Secondly, how can you be upset at management when you are looking at the trade through hindsight? At the time of the trade, Sammy was a little guy with bad numbers and the Sox didn't have much use for him. He eventually turned into the player he is today but we ended up with Maggs and Thomas who more than make up for the loss.

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:05 PM
Call it what you like, but you still haven't answered my question. Come June, Sammy will be greated by a chorus of "Sammy Sucks" at the blue ballpark. Exactly what has Sammy done to deserve this ritual? I MEAN IT. This makes no sense at all. I can see cheering wildly at striking him out or if he made an error. But the "Sammy Sucks" chant for taking the field?

I do cheer when he strikes out or when he makes an error, but I have never taken part in that chant (unless I'm trying to get on the nerves of my Cub-fan friend). I guess that is the only reason I can think of, to try to rattle him. Don't tell me the same thing doesn't happen at Wrigley when Thomas comes to the plate...

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:06 PM
Excuse me. You wrote:Yes, that is trolling. I do not have time to play with you. Final, final warning. Shape up or ship out.

Don't ban him yet, this is fun.

:)

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 01:06 PM

Others have already explained it. He wasn't that good with the Sox and Maggs and Thomas make up for it. And yes....I will be at Wrigley and Comiskey yelling "Sammy Sucks!" you know why? Because I can. And I don't miss sammy.

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Don't ban him yet, this is fun.

:)

Yes it is! :smile:

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 01:07 PM

Okay, I accept that as being a troll move. But what about the replies that I've gotten back with trolls on them, Beavis and Butthead cartoons, along with personal insults, they count??

pearso66
02-28-2002, 01:09 PM
perfectly good explanation RPS, we chant it because we can, its called free speach, we also hope it messes with his head.

unfortunately i haev never been to a game in which he has played. so i was never one of those players, but when i see in the stats he went an 0fer day, oh i cheer, you better believe it

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 01:09 PM

Okay, I accept that as being a troll move. But what about the replies that I've gotten back with trolls on them, Beavis and Butthead cartoons, along with personal insults, they count??

No. That's because we are Sox fans and loyal to the site. We are totally Biased you know. Those tags are meant to rip people.

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
perfectly good explanation RPS, we chant it because we can, its called free speach, we also hope it messes with his head.

unfortunately i haev never been to a game in which he has played. so i was never one of those players, but when i see in the stats he went an 0fer day, oh i cheer, you better believe it

O you must get to a game when he is there. When he K's, the cub fans almost cry and keep their head down. Then come up with something stupid to say like "At least we're going to the world series. " *****!

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by pearso66

I never questioned your first ammendment rights. I won't invoke mine either. Do White Sox players get booed at Wrigley? You betcha! Do any of them get treated with the same vitriol as what Sammy gets at your ballpark? Not even close.

Again, why the hatred at Sammy? Please.

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 01:16 PM

Call it what you like, but you still haven't answered my question. Come June, Sammy will be greated by a chorus of "Sammy Sucks" at the blue ballpark. Exactly what has Sammy done to deserve this ritual? I MEAN IT.Hot dogging, showboating and only God knows how much Nandrolone. I see no reason to celebrate 'Roid heads. I can see many reasons to jeer and boo them.

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 01:16 PM

I never questioned your first ammendment rights. I won't invoke mine either. Do White Sox players get booed at Wrigley? You betcha! Do any of them get treated with the same vitriol as what Sammy gets at your ballpark? Not even close.

That's because we have more hate. Deal with it!

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 01:18 PM

Okay, I accept that as being a troll move. But what about the replies that I've gotten back with trolls on them, Beavis and Butthead cartoons, along with personal insults, they count?? This is a Sox site. Trolling the Flubs is perfectly acceptable behavior. The same goes for the 'Toons, Skanks, Murder City Kitties and any other team. This is hard for you to understand?

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:21 PM

I think part of it is the fact that he symbolizes the Cubs more than any other player on the team. It's just the natual rivalry. That and he gets shoved down our throats by the local media every day like he is some kind of god. We see him for what he is: a player that hits a solo homerun when the team is down by ten runs, and then smiles and waves to the camera like nothing is wrong. Cub fans always seem to forget the score and cheer like crazy when he does this. Sox fans put winning and team play first.

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:22 PM
This is a Sox site. Trolling the Flubs is perfectly acceptable behavior. The same goes for the 'Toons, Skanks, Murder City Kitties and any other team. This is hard for you to understand?

I think he missed the whole "totally biased" thing...

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 01:24 PM
This is a Sox site. Trolling the Flubs is perfectly acceptable behavior. The same goes for the 'Toons, Skanks, Murder City Kitties and any other team. This is hard for you to understand?

Here's how I got here. I have a friendly history of back and forth with the one who calls himself Viva Magglio or Maggs30 or Rambler Boy or whatever he calls himself any particular day. (Im a believer in picking a moniker and staying with it, he's not). The thing that we've gone back and forth with over the years is his perceived media bias of Cubs coverage over the White Sox. So what's the first post that read from him in probably over 6 months? The medias coverage of Sammy! It was just to juicy to pass up. If this ruffled feathers, I apologize. Geez it's only baseball discussion on the internet.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 01:27 PM

Wow, you must look at Sosa with the most Blue (Rock)-tinted glasses ever made.

So you apparently never see through any of Sam-ME's selfish antics, ever?

You didn't ever watch him being interviewed during the Home Run Derby pretending it's not a big deal, but then two seconds later taking pitch after pitch after pitch so that he can rest up and/or wait for the juiciest pitch to hit?

You don't remember him holding the Flubbies hostage throughout the 2000 campaign and comparing himself to Jesus Christ?

You don't remember him pretending he and Mark McGwire were the bestest of friends during the 1998 home run chase, even though McGwire said they never talked to each other outside of the games?

You don't remember Mark McGwire personally giving more money to Sam-ME's "charity" than Sam-ME personally did?

You don't remember Sam-ME running the bases with an American flag at the first game after September 11?

You don't remember reading anything about Carol Slezak's interview with Sam-ME where he came out and told her "f*ck my teammates" when she asked if his constant playing of loud music in the clubhouse bothered his teammates?

You don't remember Sam-ME taking CURTAIN CALLS for meaningless home runs in crucial games during the 2001 stretch run, when the Flubbies were being blown out?

Face it, mac. He ain't a team player, and never has been. It's all about Sam-ME. There are a lot of reasons to hate him. Him being on the Flubbies makes it doubly so.

Why is this that hard to understand?

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:29 PM

Here's how I got here. I have a friendly history of back and forth with the one who calls himself Viva Magglio or Maggs30 or Rambler Boy or whatever he calls himself any particular day. (Im a believer in picking a moniker and staying with it, he's not). The thing that we've gone back and forth with over the years is his perceived media bias of Cubs coverage over the White Sox. So what's the first post that read from him in probably over 6 months? The medias coverage of Sammy! It was just to juicy to pass up. If this ruffled feathers, I apologize. Geez it's only baseball discussion on the internet.

C'mon, even as a Cubs fan don't tell me you can't see it?!? They have to write a front page article about Sammy's arrival to camp? What did Frank get, one column on page four? Someone was keeping a running total of Sox stories compared to Cubs stories written by the Tribune once. IIRC, the ratio was like 4:1 per day in favor of the Cubs...

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 01:37 PM

C'mon, even as a Cubs fan don't tell me you can't see it?!? They have to write a front page article about Sammy's arrival to camp? What did Frank get, one column on page four? Someone was keeping a running total of Sox stories compared to Cubs stories written by the Tribune once. IIRC, the ratio was like 4:1 per day in favor of the Cubs...

Listen to sports talk radio. You'll hear more about Sox minor leaguers than any Cub talk.

bjmarte
02-28-2002, 01:38 PM

Listen to sports talk radio. You'll hear more about Sox minor leaguers than any Cub talk.
When and where? All I get lately is Cubs spring training talk.

JoeBatters
02-28-2002, 01:40 PM
http://www.bestanimations.com/Sports/Baseball/Baseball-07.gif

This just in " Sammy , I lost thousands of dollars in a bad coke deal in a country with lots of drugs , SOSO has just been shot dead in right field ! " NEWS at 9:00 !

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 01:42 PM

I think the Score leans slightly in the direction of the Sox, especially now that the Grobber is off the air. But ESPN 1000 seems pretty pro-Flubbie, what with Harry "I Know Every Player's Uniform Number Since the '70s" Teinowitz and Dan "Love Bashin' Those Sox Fans" McNeil.

And the daily papers? Sheesh, no comparison. You have an ex-Flubbie columnist "covering" the Sox for the Tribune, and of course there's Jay "Did Somebody Say Bandwagon?" Moronotti at the Sun-Times. And what was with the Sun-Times running full-color half-page photos of the Flubbies about 4 days a week on the cover of their paper last year when the Flubbies were "hot"?

bjmarte
02-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by JoeBatters

This just in " Sammy , I lost thousands of dollars in a bad coke deal in a country with lots of drugs , SOSO has just been shot dead in right field ! " NEWS at 9:00 !

Daver, do you need an alibi? Um... I mean I had fun at the batting cages this morning.

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by JoeBatters

Interesting first post...

Welcome aboard!

Brian_X7

I think the Score leans slightly in the direction of the Sox, especially now that the Grobber is off the air. But ESPN 1000 seems pretty pro-Flubbie, what with Harry "I Know Every Player's Uniform Number Since the '70s" Teinowitz and Dan "Love Bashin' Those Sox Fans" McNeil.

And the daily papers? Sheesh, no comparison. You have an ex-Flubbie columnist "covering" the Sox for the Tribune, and of course there's Jay "Did Somebody Say Bandwagon?" Moronotti at the Sun-Times. And what was with the Sun-Times running full-color half-page photos of the Flubbies about 4 days a week on the cover of their paper last year when the Flubbies were "hot"?

Jay's beef is with the ownership. Is that a problem? I wish Jay would give the Cub ownership the same amount of attention.

Iwritecode
Originally posted by bjmarte

Daver, do you need an alibi? Um... I mean I had fun at the batting cages this morning.

Only if he was shot with an arrow...

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:51 PM
Jay's beef is with the ownership. Is that a problem? I wish Jay would give the Cub ownership the same amount of attention.

The only time Jay mentions the Sox is when he is ripping on a player. Wells and Thomas were prime targets last year. Every other article is him on his knees in front of Shammy sucking his **** in between bows.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 01:54 PM

Bullsh*t. The Moron had a beef with the entire team last year because David Wells started insulting him and wittle Jay-Jay couldn't handle it. And you must have avoided any of his coverage of the Flubs/Sox series where Jose did his kissy-fingers routine and Singleton had the "high spike" at third base. Jay was at his prime during that series. What did he call the Sox...? Oh yeah: the "Smut Sox." Yeah, that's real objective of him. He didn't write ONE positive column about the Sox last year after he had his run-in with Wells early in the season; he jumped all over the Flubbies' jocks when they were doing well, said the White Sox collapse was "delicious," and wrote several "this is the year!" columns about the Flubs. Please research your history before making such inaccurate statements next time.

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 02:32 PM

Bullsh*t. The Moron had a beef with the entire team last year because David Wells started insulting him and wittle Jay-Jay couldn't handle it. And you must have avoided any of his coverage of the Flubs/Sox series where Jose did his kissy-fingers routine and Singleton had the "high spike" at third base. Jay was at his prime during that series. What did he call the Sox...? Oh yeah: the "Smut Sox." Yeah, that's real objective of him. He didn't write ONE positive column about the Sox last year after he had his run-in with Wells early in the season; he jumped all over the Flubbies' jocks when they were doing well, said the White Sox collapse was "delicious," and wrote several "this is the year!" columns about the Flubs. Please research your history before making such inaccurate statements next time.

Please tell me where my inaccuracies were? It is well known that Jay hates Jerry. Any ripping on a Sox player ultimately leads back to Jerry. Please try and complete a Jay story next time he rips on a Sox player. Please can you reference a single "this is your year comment"? I can't recall a single Jay column on the Cub. If Jay ignored the Sox, you'd be crying (as I am now) that he ignores the Cubs. If you can only handle positive White Sox talk, my suggestion would be to stick to the television broadcasts, this message board and WSCR of course.

voodoochile
02-28-2002, 02:36 PM

Please tell me where my inaccuracies were? It is well known that Jay hates Jerry. Any ripping on a Sox player ultimately leads back to Jerry. Please try and complete a Jay story next time he rips on a Sox player. Please can you reference a single "this is your year comment"? I can't recall a single Jay column on the Cub. If Jay ignored the Sox, you'd be crying (as I am now) that he ignores the Cubs. If you can only handle positive White Sox talk, my suggestion would be to stick to the television broadcasts, this message board and WSCR of course.

Oh man, that is hilarious. You cannot remember a single Jay column on the flubbies last year? Man quit using so much of the

:bluerock

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 02:43 PM

You're an idiot. Were you even paying attention at all last year? If I recall correctly, he actually was in favor of the Sox finally spending money on a big-name player in Wells.

Here's some research material before you spout off again...

http://130.94.169.158/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=816

http://130.94.169.158/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1816

http://130.94.169.158/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1771

http://130.94.169.158/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2123

The original column links don't work anymore, but you can get the gist of it from our comments. Also, in the first link, his most ridiculous column of the year has been preserved for posterity.

And I can handle negative Sox coverage/comments. Lord knows we do enough of it here. What I DO expect from our sports "reporters" is a little objectivity. The Flubs and Sox finished only a handful of games apart from each other last year; the Sox battled back from a disastrous April and May to finish the season with a respectable season. But you certainly wouldn't have known that by just following the idiot talking heads in this city. Moronotti took a personal vendetta against one player and generalized it and extrapolated it to our entire team. You'd've thought we had a team of baby-killers and KKK members the way the team was sometimes portrayed.

It's all good, though: the Moron ended up looking like a fool in the end, the Flubbies collapsed, and I got to see Mark Grace stuffing it in Flubbiedom's face that he won a ring his first frickin' year away from you guys....*****!

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 03:00 PM

You're an idiot.

I won't even get into the hypocrisy ...

You have ONE and only ONE member of the media that hates the White Sox. Once again, if he didn't write about them you'd be bitching about that too...

Why not pay attention to the rest of the White Sox adoring media instead on just one guy?

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 03:04 PM

You have ONE and only ONE member of the media that hates the White Sox. Once again, if he didn't write about them you'd be bitching about that too...

Why not pay attention to the rest of the White Sox adoring media instead on just one guy?

There is also George Knue and the entire Cubune staff (yea, that company that just happens to own the Cubs) or E(ast coast bias)PN who only care about the Yankees and Red Sox. If you can find ONE example of "White Sox adoring media" (besides this site) I would love to see it...

rdivaldi
02-28-2002, 03:06 PM
There is also George Knue and the entire Cubune staff (yea, that company that just happens to own the Cubs) or E(ast coast bias)PN who only care about the Yankees and Red Sox. If you can find ONE example of "White Sox adoring media" (besides this site) I would love to see it...

Hey, the Daily Southtown loves us!

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 03:06 PM

If you can find ONE example of "White Sox adoring media" (besides this site) I would love to see it...

I'll give you one: W(hite) S(ox) C(orporate) R(adio).

Randar68
02-28-2002, 03:09 PM

*****! Hey Bubble Boy, take off your blue-tinted glasses and read ALL of the sports stories in this town, what a joke....

BTW, WSCR? Ever hear of Mike North? Not exactly waiving the Sox banner...

rdivaldi
02-28-2002, 03:09 PM

That's pretty innacurate. It depends who you are listening to. On my drive to work every morning it's all pro-Flubbie with that blow hole Mike Murphy.

rdivaldi
02-28-2002, 03:13 PM
:ass
I'm a Sox fan unless the Cubs are above .500

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 03:19 PM

*****. Dude, YOU were talking about Jay Mariotti and how you didn't recall ONE single pro-Flubs column from him, so I gave you *plenty* of examples of Blue Rock material from him.

So where is this so-called "White Sox adoring media"? Brad Palmer? Mark Giangreco? That idiot clown Darrian Chapman from Channel 5? The only TV guy I can think of that may be in the Sox camp is Mark Schinowski (sp?) from Channel 5. Last year, it got so ridiculous, watching little North Side trixies Alison Rosati and Mark Suppelsa coming back from commercial breaks during their 10pm newscasts when their precious wittle Flubbies were winning at the same time. Poor Warner Saunders probably wanted to hurl right on the set right there.

And do you remember dear, departed columnist Skip Bayless, who crassly suggested last year that Frank Thomas' father dying was the best career move that could happen to him?

I want to know what world you're living in where the Sox get the brunt of the positive coverage in this town. I'll give you the Score and the Daily Southtown, but that is IT.

rdivaldi
02-28-2002, 03:23 PM
I want to know what world you're living in where the Sox get the brunt of the positive coverage in this town. I'll give you the Score and the Daily Southtown, but that is IT.

ESPN 1000 is a little skewed towards us, but not as much as it should be. The Daily Herald as well.

But that is about it.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by rdivaldi

ESPN 1000 is a little skewed towards us, but not as much as it should be. The Daily Herald as well.

But that is about it.

ESPN1000? How is that possible? I mean, obviously besides the time they're broadcasting pre-show stuff and post-show stuff with Melton and Wills.

During the day, they're 100% national programming. And then there's the "afternoon zoo" crew with McNeil (who seems to love bashing Sox fans), avowed Flub fan Teinowitz, and Jurko, who probably could care less about anything other than football.

Am I missing some pro-Sox shows at night, or overnights?

rdivaldi
02-28-2002, 03:31 PM
During the day, they're 100% national programming. And then there's the "afternoon zoo" crew with McNeil (who seems to love bashing Sox fans), avowed Flub fan Teinowitz, and Jurko, who probably could care less about anything other than football.

McNeil might bash the fans occaisionally, but he is a rabid White Sox fan. He rips Harry and the Flubbies quite a bit. I'd have to call their show more a Sox oriented show than a Flub oriented show.

Just the fact that you get all the White Sox games and interviews makes it skewed towards us.

But I said "but not as much as it should be" because they do talk about the Flubbies way too much for a White Sox Flag station.

How much does AM 720 talk about the Sox? Not much. I think AM 1000 should do the same with the Flubs.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 03:37 PM

How much does AM 720 talk about the Sox? Not much. I think AM 1000 should do the same with the Flubs.

I can't even tune into that station. It just reminds me of death, and getting old, and 40-year-old men still living in their mom's basements rooting for the Flubbies while eating Spaghetti-O's and watching "Bozo's Circus."

*Shudder*

rdivaldi
02-28-2002, 03:40 PM
:knue
I like Spaghetti-Os

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 03:42 PM

That's pretty innacurate. It depends who you are listening to. On my drive to work every morning it's all pro-Flubbie with that blow hole Mike Murphy.

It's all or nothing with you guys isn't it? The station has one Cub fan and even he usually speaks of the White Sox in glowing terms and you're ready to cast them as a pro-Cub station.

rdivaldi
02-28-2002, 03:44 PM
It's all or nothing with you guys isn't it?

LOL! Funny, we could say the same thing about you.

And you have to be out of your mind if you think Murph spends his time talking White Sox baseball. Fred has to beg him to talk about them. Add a very Anti-Sox baseball expert in Jimmy Piersoll, and their talkin' baseball segments are talkin' Flubs.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 03:52 PM

It's all or nothing with you guys isn't it? The station has one Cub fan and even he usually speaks of the White Sox in glowing terms and you're ready to cast them as a pro-Cub station.

Again, you're an idiot.

They also have Jesse Rogers, Mike North, George Offman, and until recently, Les Grobstein, who wore his Flub fandom like a badge of courage.

Do you even listen to these stations? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 03:56 PM

And you have to be out of your mind if you think Murph spends his time talking White Sox baseball.

No, he spend his time ripping the Cubs. Another point for me.

Nellie_Fox
02-28-2002, 03:57 PM
What even brings you to this board x7? I couldn't care less about what Cub fans are thinking or doing, and I wouldn't go to a Cubs fan message board even if it were the only thing active on the internet.

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 04:00 PM

No, he spend his time ripping the Cubs. Another point for me. X7, I believe you mean another "hit" for you. Just take some out of this pile :bluerock

This has to be the funniest thread in a while. A Flub fan crying about the media treatment of the Flubbies. That's like Bill Gates complaining about being underpaid. What do you want? All Flubs, all the time on every media station on the planet? :smile:

Nellie_Fox
02-28-2002, 04:00 PM
The last time I heard Murph (I can sometimes get WSCR up here in the great white north) he was positively emoting over how the Cubs were going to have the best 3-4-5 hitters since Williams, Santo and Banks. I thought he was going to pass out from the ecstasy.

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I couldn't care less...Thanks, Nellie. It's not often you see that phrase worded properly. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 04:02 PM
X7, I believe you mean another "hit" for you. Just take some out of this pile :bluerock

This has to be the funniest thread in a while. A Flub fan crying about the media treatment of the Flubbies. That's like Bill Gates complaining about being underpaid. What do you want? All Flubs, all the time on every media station on the planet? :smile:

*****!!!

Nellie_Fox
02-28-2002, 04:04 PM
Thanks, Nellie. It's not often you see that phrase worded properly. :smile:
Hey, no problem. With my history on the board, I try to be very careful in my posts :D:

Hey x7, did you read the thread about White Sox lineup vs. Cubs lineup? Did you not think that most of the posters were pretty fair in their assessments?

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 04:05 PM

Now that is false. The score bleeds flubbie blue.

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 04:11 PM

Hey. That's prety cleaver. The ONLY Sox show on there is Bores and Bernstien. Dan Jiggets is a Sox fan too. The rest of the scum atr all band wagon jumpers and mIke North Is the biggest one. His show is all cubs now. Try and deny that.

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 04:13 PM

Hey x7, did you read the thread about White Sox lineup vs. Cubs lineup? Did you not think that most of the posters were pretty fair in their assessments?

<troll edit></troll edit>

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 04:15 PM

you need help dude. You're @#@#ed in the head.

Nellie_Fox
02-28-2002, 04:17 PM
...but give me a flavor first.
What in the world does that mean?

irish rover
02-28-2002, 04:17 PM
Bryan do you want to know why I hate the putz?

1. you said that he has played in one less playoff than Frank, well Frank has won two div titles Sammy none, wild card is a weak ass playoff.

2.This from today

"Sammy Sosa got a sneak preview Wednesday of the
Celebreduck in his likeness that will be given away to
the first 10,000 fans Aug. 1 when the Cubs play host to
San Diego. The rubber duck is wearing a Cubs white
home uniform with the right fielder's No. 21 on its
back.

Sosa, who also will be linked to a Bobble Head Doll
giveaway on April 27, liked the toy but had a
suggestion.

"They should've made it a man or a gladiator or
something," Sosa said.

No sammy isn't stuck on himself at all

3.Slammin' Sammy's multi-million-dollar house is
brand new, but there are already problems with the
foundation. Pardon the pun, but Fortune magazine
reported that the charitable foundation Sosa set up in
his native Dominican Republic is near broke, and
Sosa has hardly contributed a dime. Although home
run champ Mark McGwire has donated $100,000 to
Sosa's foundation, Fortune says there's no evidence
that Sosa has made any significant monetary
contributions. The one big donation he did make, in
the form of a building appraised at $2.7 million, has
benefitted Sosa personally but hasn't helped the
foundation much. In addition to the $1 million (or
more) tax deduction Sosa got for donating the
building, Sosa's sisters run a boutique, a disco, and
a beauty shop in the building without paying rent.
And then there's Sosa's brother, Jose, who got a
sports car with money from the foundation,
according to Fortune. The foundation was
supposedly set up to innoculate children, educate
young mothers, and provide dental care. But it seems
to us like it's real purpose is to provide the Sosa
family with tax breaks, free rent, and new cars.
Guess they're having trouble making ends meet, what
with Sammy making a mere $10 million and all.

4. Who says you can never go too far? The Cubs
slugger and perennial second place home run king
has built himself a new house, and come one small
step closer to proving he's not as saintly as some
people might think. The 25,800 square-foot, $5
million aberration sits on Avenida Anacaona in
Santo Domingo, and features a 1,600-square-foot
master bedroom, a 12-car parking lot, a movie
theatre, and a swimming pool shaped like Sosa's
jersey number, 21. The "house" also has a full
replica staircase from Sammy's favorite flick,
Titanic. In fact, Sosa likes the movie so much that he
named his house after it. Aside from the utter hubris
of actually naming his house, calling it "Titanic" is
like naming a building "Hindenburg," "Three Mile
Island," or "The Great Chicago Fire of 1871." An
estimated 1,513 men, women, and children died on
the Titanic, but since Leonardo DiCaprio played
such a convincing Jack Dawson, naming the house
for the single greatest boating disaster in the history
of the world is okay. Actually, if Sosa really wants
to name his house after a disaster, he should call it
"The 1999 Cubs." But the insanity doesn't stop there.
Sosa also invented his own address - #21, ignoring
the fact that most addresses are decided by where
the building is situated, rather than what the owner's
jersey reads. As a tribute to Sosa's favorite movie,
the Cubs will begin the season with high
expectations, sink slowly down the divisional
standings, and waste three and a half hours of their
spectators' lives each game.

5.The Cubs slugger was supposed to
be honored by the Congress of
Racial Equality at CORE's Martin Luther King Jr.
Day dinner. Sosa had reportedly agreed to
participate, but then made such outrageous demands
of the organization that they didn't even want him
around. CORE national chairman Roy Innis said the
organization agreed to provide Sosa with four
first-class round-trip airline tickets between New
York and his Dominican Republic home, a
limousine and a double hotel suite in New York. But
then Sosa demanded a private jet to fly him from the
Dominican Republic to the Mike Tyson fight in Las
Vegas Saturday night, then to New york for the
dinner, and then back to the Dominican Republic. "I
couldn't afford a private jet, and even if I could, I
wouldn't do it," Innis said at the dinner, which was
attended by 2,500 people. If that wasn't outrageous
enough, Sosa also insisted on a $50,000 donation to
his own charity, which helps needy Dominicans.
That's right--he wanted the charity that was honoring
him as part of a fundraising event to donate $50,000
to a charity that Sosa likes better. An angry Innis
said Sosa needs "to learn how to deal with his 15
minutes of fame." Sosa was supposed to receive
CORE's International Brotherhood Award for
achievement, but instead was a no-show at the
dinner. Maybe he was too busy passing off baseball
bats as the one he used to hit number 66.

6. If you believe Sammy Sosa, he must have hit homer
number 66 with several different bats. Of course, the
Hall of Fame has the real bat that Sosa used to hit
his last home run of the season, but don't tell that to
New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani--or anyone else
who thinks they have the historic bat. While in New
York for a parade in his honor, Sosa gave Giuliani a
Lousiville Slugger and inscribed it, "To Giuliani,
Best Wishes, God Bless, No. 21 Sammy Sosa,
Home Run No. 66, 1998." Giuliani asked Sosa if it
was the bat he used to hit the home run, and Sosa
told him it was. The only problem is that Sosa didn't
hit number 66 with a Louisville Slugger, and
according to a Hall of Fame spokesman, "Sammy's
been signing a lot of things with '66' since the season
ended." This week the folks in Cooperstown erased
any doubts as to where the real bat lies. And
speaking of lies, New York Governor George Pataki
was also mislead about the significance of a bat
Sosa gave him. Pataki thought he had the bat Sosa
used to hit homer number 59, but the Hall of Fame
has that one, too, and so it looks like Sosa has been
going around town passing out bad checks made of
North American Ash. The Cubs slugger, of course,
says the Giuliani bat was an honest mistake. "Maybe
I was confused and it was the wrong number," Sosa
said. "I hit so many home runs, I don't remember. If
that was the case, I apologize. I'll go back to the
mayor of New York and change the number. I'll give
him No. 49 or 50." And if you're wondering about
all those cars that say, "Sosa 62" in the rear
window, it turns out that none of those cars were
used to hit number 62.

7. oh and out side of HR's what has sammy accomplished that makes him a first ballot HOF(Frank has alot more awards than him). What sammy has accomplished that he will have reached 2nd in all time K's in 2 years, faster than anyone else(Frank has had only one year over a 100 K's and he is a career 300 guy sammy isn't

Pete_SSAC
02-28-2002, 04:18 PM

Rocky Road!

- Pete

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 04:18 PM

White Sucks (gee I feel like real WSMB poster now) fans actually discussing baseball and not imagined media bias? Sure, but give me a flavor first.

Damn, you just ask for it? lol I can't wait till daver and the rest of the crew get here to see this crap.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 04:21 PM

It means he's too stupid and/or lazy to read it himself.

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 04:21 PM
This has to be the funniest thread in a while. A Flub fan crying about the media treatment of the Flubbies. That's like Bill Gates complaining about being underpaid.

Excellent comparision FWC. :smile:

See, and you wanted to ban the guy?

I don't listen to sports radio too much so I have to go by what I read. Even the few examples we can come up with that are pro-Sox, there are at least 3 more that are pro-Cubs. Even then, the Cubs don't get bashed near as much by the pro-Sox stuff as the Sox do by the pro-Cubs. I remember Jay taking a few shots at the Sox in the middle of an article about the Cubs more than once. Also. wasn't there a few times in the past couple years when the front page read in big bold letters "CUBS LOSE" and in a small column on page four, something is muttered about "that other team in chicago winning...?

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
Bryan do you want to know why I hate the putz?

1. you said that he has played in one less playoff than Frank, well Frank has won two div titles Sammy none, wild card is a weak ass playoff.

2.This from today

"Sammy Sosa got a sneak preview Wednesday of the
Celebreduck in his likeness that will be given away to
the first 10,000 fans Aug. 1 when the Cubs play host to
San Diego. The rubber duck is wearing a Cubs white
home uniform with the right fielder's No. 21 on its
back.

Sosa, who also will be linked to a Bobble Head Doll
giveaway on April 27, liked the toy but had a
suggestion.

"They should've made it a man or a gladiator or
something," Sosa said.

No sammy isn't stuck on himself at all

3.Slammin' Sammy's multi-million-dollar house is
brand new, but there are already problems with the
foundation. Pardon the pun, but Fortune magazine
reported that the charitable foundation Sosa set up in
his native Dominican Republic is near broke, and
Sosa has hardly contributed a dime. Although home
run champ Mark McGwire has donated $100,000 to
Sosa's foundation, Fortune says there's no evidence
that Sosa has made any significant monetary
contributions. The one big donation he did make, in
the form of a building appraised at $2.7 million, has
benefitted Sosa personally but hasn't helped the
foundation much. In addition to the $1 million (or
more) tax deduction Sosa got for donating the
building, Sosa's sisters run a boutique, a disco, and
a beauty shop in the building without paying rent.
And then there's Sosa's brother, Jose, who got a
sports car with money from the foundation,
according to Fortune. The foundation was
supposedly set up to innoculate children, educate
young mothers, and provide dental care. But it seems
to us like it's real purpose is to provide the Sosa
family with tax breaks, free rent, and new cars.
Guess they're having trouble making ends meet, what
with Sammy making a mere $10 million and all.

4. Who says you can never go too far? The Cubs
slugger and perennial second place home run king
has built himself a new house, and come one small
step closer to proving he's not as saintly as some
people might think. The 25,800 square-foot, $5
million aberration sits on Avenida Anacaona in
Santo Domingo, and features a 1,600-square-foot
master bedroom, a 12-car parking lot, a movie
theatre, and a swimming pool shaped like Sosa's
jersey number, 21. The "house" also has a full
replica staircase from Sammy's favorite flick,
Titanic. In fact, Sosa likes the movie so much that he
named his house after it. Aside from the utter hubris
of actually naming his house, calling it "Titanic" is
like naming a building "Hindenburg," "Three Mile
Island," or "The Great Chicago Fire of 1871." An
estimated 1,513 men, women, and children died on
the Titanic, but since Leonardo DiCaprio played
such a convincing Jack Dawson, naming the house
for the single greatest boating disaster in the history
of the world is okay. Actually, if Sosa really wants
to name his house after a disaster, he should call it
"The 1999 Cubs." But the insanity doesn't stop there.
Sosa also invented his own address - #21, ignoring
the fact that most addresses are decided by where
the building is situated, rather than what the owner's
jersey reads. As a tribute to Sosa's favorite movie,
the Cubs will begin the season with high
expectations, sink slowly down the divisional
standings, and waste three and a half hours of their
spectators' lives each game.

5.The Cubs slugger was supposed to
be honored by the Congress of
Racial Equality at CORE's Martin Luther King Jr.
Day dinner. Sosa had reportedly agreed to
participate, but then made such outrageous demands
of the organization that they didn't even want him
around. CORE national chairman Roy Innis said the
organization agreed to provide Sosa with four
first-class round-trip airline tickets between New
York and his Dominican Republic home, a
limousine and a double hotel suite in New York. But
then Sosa demanded a private jet to fly him from the
Dominican Republic to the Mike Tyson fight in Las
Vegas Saturday night, then to New york for the
dinner, and then back to the Dominican Republic. "I
couldn't afford a private jet, and even if I could, I
wouldn't do it," Innis said at the dinner, which was
attended by 2,500 people. If that wasn't outrageous
enough, Sosa also insisted on a $50,000 donation to
his own charity, which helps needy Dominicans.
That's right--he wanted the charity that was honoring
him as part of a fundraising event to donate $50,000
to a charity that Sosa likes better. An angry Innis
said Sosa needs "to learn how to deal with his 15
minutes of fame." Sosa was supposed to receive
CORE's International Brotherhood Award for
achievement, but instead was a no-show at the
dinner. Maybe he was too busy passing off baseball
bats as the one he used to hit number 66.

6. If you believe Sammy Sosa, he must have hit homer
number 66 with several different bats. Of course, the
Hall of Fame has the real bat that Sosa used to hit
his last home run of the season, but don't tell that to
New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani--or anyone else
who thinks they have the historic bat. While in New
York for a parade in his honor, Sosa gave Giuliani a
Lousiville Slugger and inscribed it, "To Giuliani,
Best Wishes, God Bless, No. 21 Sammy Sosa,
Home Run No. 66, 1998." Giuliani asked Sosa if it
was the bat he used to hit the home run, and Sosa
told him it was. The only problem is that Sosa didn't
hit number 66 with a Louisville Slugger, and
according to a Hall of Fame spokesman, "Sammy's
been signing a lot of things with '66' since the season
ended." This week the folks in Cooperstown erased
any doubts as to where the real bat lies. And
speaking of lies, New York Governor George Pataki
was also mislead about the significance of a bat
Sosa gave him. Pataki thought he had the bat Sosa
used to hit homer number 59, but the Hall of Fame
has that one, too, and so it looks like Sosa has been
going around town passing out bad checks made of
North American Ash. The Cubs slugger, of course,
says the Giuliani bat was an honest mistake. "Maybe
I was confused and it was the wrong number," Sosa
said. "I hit so many home runs, I don't remember. If
that was the case, I apologize. I'll go back to the
mayor of New York and change the number. I'll give
him No. 49 or 50." And if you're wondering about
all those cars that say, "Sosa 62" in the rear
window, it turns out that none of those cars were
used to hit number 62.

7. oh and out side of HR's what has sammy accomplished that makes him a first ballot HOF(Frank has alot more awards than him). What sammy has accomplished that he will have reached 2nd in all time K's in 2 years, faster than anyone else(Frank has had only one year over a 100 K's and he is a career 300 guy sammy isn't

Don't worry about X7 or whatever his name is responding to your comments, Irish Rover, because he's been ignoring every single issue we have with Sam-ME, even though he asked us why he hated him so much. The truth hurts sometimes.

By the way, I hadn't heard about the numbered bat fiasco -- pretty funny.

Foulke You
02-28-2002, 04:24 PM
SARCASM WARNING!!!

You're right Brian X7! We've been living with a sheet over our eyes! This IS a Sox biased town! I mean you can't go anywhere without hearing about the Kenny Lofton signing or the Comiskey renovations. Let's not forget the HUGE media contingent that greeted Magglio when he arrived at camp. The local news people chirping about what a team player Frank was for arriving at camp early this year! I mean this town is practically BLEEDING silver and black! It must be tough for a lonely Cubs fan like yourself to live in this Anti-Cub/Pro-Sox biased town! How can you stand it!

:moron
"Those Scum Cubs fans! Everyone knows that the Sox capture the imagination and wonder of this city!"

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 04:25 PM

Damn, you just ask for it? lol I can't wait till daver and the rest of the crew get here to see this crap.

1B: Konerko (of course your star can't find his glove) over McGriff
2B: Durham (battle of the shortest midget) over DeShields
SS: Gonzalez over Clayton
3B: Mueller over Crede
LF: Alou over Lee
CF: Patterson v Borchard (TIE)
RF: Sammy
C: Big pile of mangoo on both sides

final: Cub: 4 Sox: 2
Tie: 2

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
SARCASM WARNING!!!

You're right Brian X7! We've been living with a sheet over our eyes! This IS a Sox biased town! I mean you can't go anywhere without hearing about the Kenny Lofton signing or the Comiskey renovations. Let's not forget the HUGE media contingent that greeted Magglio when he arrived at camp. The local news people chirping about what a team player Frank was for arriving at camp early this year! I mean this town is practically BLEEDING silver and black! It must be tough for a lonely Cubs fan like yourself to live in this Anti-Cub/Pro-Sox biased town! How can you stand it!

:moron
"Those Scum Cubs fans! Everyone knows that the Sox capture the imagination and wonder of this city!"

Next time, just use teal.

Soxboyrob
02-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

BTW, WSCR? Ever hear of Mike North? Not exactly waiving the Sox banner...

This, I don't follow. North is a lifelong Sox fan and proudly notes that every now and then. He didn't jump on the Cubs bandwagon last year so much as proclaim that he felt they'd win their division(oops, Mike, slipped on that one). He claims to pull for both teams, but I feel that's a politically correct move to improve his ratings. I actually heard him on the radio arguing pro-Sox w/ his Cub fan wife earlier today. It was pretty good. He made some pretty good anti-Cub points. I personally feel like the Score is fairly pro-Sox, as about 2/3 of their hosts have a bent toward the Sox. The Cubs get a little more coverage overall, probably, due to the fact that they outdraw the Sox and appear to have the bigger fanbase. I'm not sure why the unequal coverage bothers Sox fans so much. If the fan base is bigger for one team, it doesn't bother me that that team gets more coverage. Plus, we all have computers and know where to find slew upon slew of info about our beloved team. Take the local papers for what they're worth. Any paper that headlines it's sports page w/ Marriotti ought to just be light reading for the true sports fan.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 04:27 PM

Great. Too bad Crede and Borchard won't even make the 25-man roster. Try Valentin and Kenny Lofton instead...

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 04:28 PM

First of all, this is in the wrong thread, secondly, Jose is our starting 3rd baseman and Lofton is our starting CF. Crede and Borchard will most likely start the season in the minors.

Foulke You
02-28-2002, 04:29 PM

I'd take Paulie over McWhiff any day. Valentin is our 3B. No Cub fan will convince me that Mueller is better than:
:mkillcub

Pete_SSAC
02-28-2002, 04:31 PM

Next time you want to comapre teams, It's a good idea to actually know what you are talking about.

And oh yeah, I agree, Mueller would do better than a Southern Leauge MVP any day (Damn, what's the color for sarcasim again?)

- Pete

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 04:32 PM

Wake up! you're dreaming again!

Patterson and borchard a tie???????? *****!! iT'S more like Lofton over patterson and Borcahrd over patterson next year. Borchard has never played a mlb game so how can you bring him in this? And what the hell does this have to do with my post that you quoted?

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
I'm not sure why the unequal coverage bothers Sox fans so much. If the fan base is bigger for one team, it doesn't bother me that that team gets more coverage.

These 2 points go hand in hand. The Cubs get more coverage thus building a larger "fan" base. The arguement of "fan" is another story. It affects the casual fans though. The Sox get so much negative coverage then nobody wants to go see them, thus lowering attendance and giving JR and KW and excuse for why the payroll must be so low.

I can see this arguement going on forever...

Brian_X7
02-28-2002, 04:33 PM

First of all, this is in the wrong thread, secondly, Jose is our starting 3rd baseman and Lofton is our starting CF. Crede and Borchard will most likely start the season in the minors.

What!! All I've been hearing for the last 3 years is how great these guys are. I just assumed that they must be starting this year. After all, wasn't that the justification for letting Ventura (and where's the outrage there?) go?

Okay, retally 4-3-1. Cub-Sox-tie

Soxboyrob
02-28-2002, 04:34 PM

The ONLY Sox show on there is Bores and Bernstien. Dan Jiggets is a Sox fan too. The rest of the scum atr all band wagon jumpers and mIke North Is the biggest one. His show is all cubs now. Try and deny that.

Actually, the Score leans pretty heavily toward the Sox....
Bernsie and Boers are Sox fans.
North is primarily a Sox fan and claims to pull for the Cubs also.
Huebner is a Sox fan.
John Hood is a Sox fan.
Murphy is a Cub fan, but mostly just complains about Cub mgmt.
Jiggs is a Sox fan.
Buffone is a Cub fan.
T. Williams is a Pirate fan and is fairly anti-Cub.
They have some news guys like Offman and Rogers and Zampillo, who are Cub fans, but they don't get enough air time to really matter.

bjmarte
02-28-2002, 04:35 PM

What!! All I've been hearing for the last 3 years is how great these guys are. I just assumed that they must be starting this year. After all, wasn't that the justification for letting Ventura (and where's the outrage there?) go?

Okay, retally 4-3-1. Cub-Sox-tie

Quit trolling and respond to cheese's post or get the hell out.

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 04:36 PM
Sorry guys, I had to ban him. He's getting much too trolly and I don't have time to watch over him. You had some fun. And we sure as hell know we didn't find the second intelligent Flub fan on the planet. It's still just Vic so far. :smile:

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

Actually, the Score leans pretty heavily toward the Sox....
Bernsie and Boers are Sox fans.
North is primarily a Sox fan and claims to pull for the Cubs also.
Huebner is a Sox fan.
John Hood is a Sox fan.
Murphy is a Cub fan, but mostly just complains about Cub mgmt.
Jiggs is a Sox fan.
Buffone is a Cub fan.
T. Williams is a Pirate fan and is fairly anti-Cub.
They have some news guys like Offman and Rogers and Zampillo, who are Cub fans, but they don't get enough air time to really matter.

T-dub's show is nothing but Sox hate radio. That little jag Kevin Freedman is a die hard cub fan and all they do is bash the Sox. Other then that, you're pretty accurate

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Sorry guys, I had to ban him. He's getting much too trolly and I don't have time to watch over him. You had some fun. And we sure as hell know we didn't find the second intelligent Flub fan on the planet. It's still just Vic so far. :smile:

Awwwww man. I wanted to humilluate him tonight after a few beers . He's been trying to prove his usless points all day. :whiner:

bjmarte
02-28-2002, 04:41 PM

Quit trolling and respond to cheese's post or get the hell out.

I meant Irish Rover's post, sorry.

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 04:41 PM
O well. It was fun while it lasted.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 04:42 PM

Oh well, I had some fun here at work...Man I can't wait for the season to start!

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Fellas, I know you are bummed about losing your little friend. But, we promise a Troll Free environment to WSI users. I had keep that commitment. Plus, the Troll Board is always a click away if you really need a Troll fix. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 04:53 PM
You have to admit, there is something very, very funny about a Flub fan coming onto a "totally biased" White Sox site, bringing up ancient history about the Cancer That Ate Chicago Baseball, and getting all pissy about the way he's treated.

Ah, :bluerock

bjmarte
02-28-2002, 05:01 PM
You have to admit, there is something very, very funny about a Flub fan coming onto a "totally biased" White Sox site, bringing up ancient history about the Cancer That Ate Chicago Baseball, and getting all pissy about the way he's treated.

Ah, :bluerock

I thought he was treated fair and given every opportunity to prove he wasn't just a troll. I'm glad he is gone, I was losing my patience.

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 05:14 PM

I thought he was treated fair and given every opportunity to prove he wasn't just a troll. I'm glad he is gone, I was losing my patience.

He was just a one-note pony, arguing about topics about which he knew not very much. When proven wrong or given evidence to refute his comments, he just ignored that and went on to point #4, etc. What those points were besides "I love Sam-ME" and "I love my Flubbies," I don't really know...

irish rover
02-28-2002, 05:21 PM
I like how he talked about Crede and Borchard, yet ignored all the hype around Corey and the fact that they talk about Prior winning the Cy yet he has never pitched a single pro game. That is a cub fans total m.o. They live for all these "Magical moments". I can see them all fantasising about Prior coming from the minors to win the CY

as us worrying about right field, ha

Maggs became the first ever AL RF to hit over 300, 30 hr's, 100 rbis, 40 doubles and 25 steals

and another stat for Frank, he is the leading active player in OBP

HawkDJ
02-28-2002, 05:54 PM
Wow that was alot of reading. Nice job guys with dealing with this guy. Too bad I wasn't on during this whole thing.

Now you should know what it is like to live up here in BG. I deal with this every single day. For instance today we talked about how the Sox desperately need Vladimir Guerrero yet the Cubs don't need him because their outfield is "set." :?: Interesting theory huh? We also talked about how Sosa and McGriff could make any team in baseball, but strangely enough Ordonez and Konerko could not. :?:

Pete_SSAC
02-28-2002, 05:54 PM

Damn you West! And I wanted to ask him how did he enjoy how today's game is a nice reminder of how the Cubs were late last season.

Blowing games at the last moment.

For those who haven't heard yet, Cubs loose to Giants 5-4, Cubs gave up 3 runs in the top of the ninth. I tell ya, they have to STRUGGLE to loose.

- Pete

pearso66
02-28-2002, 06:37 PM
bummer, i was gonna inform him that the reason they let ventura go was to let Norton play, not Crede. was Crede even with the organization then? man i had something else to say, but after reading 45 min of posts, i forgot it. oh well it was pretty amusing, i havent laughed that hard in a while.

oh yeah now i remember, the whole media coverage, wasnt it 2 years ago in 2000 when we had the best record in baseball, and couldnt even make the first 45 min on sportcenter, whlie the cubs were generally in the first 10. man those cubs are hurting for coverage. (sarcasm, and yes i know, teal, but i havnt figured out the whole color thing yet, lol)

pearso66
02-28-2002, 06:42 PM
i almost forgot, after reading these posts, i hate sammy even more than i did before, he's a real jackass

guillen4life13
02-28-2002, 07:56 PM

where the hell did you get borchard from? there's this dude named kenny lofton, who is a very legit possibility for the HOF, against a rookie.

Hmm, you're the smartest guy yet! You're even smarter than me!
and...

this website was made in support of the sox, hence the totally biased part. i think you're pretty fuc*ing stupid to think that we are going to worship the cubs. part of being totally biased is to bash other rivals, mainly the scrubs, as well as the toons, twinkies, dirty royalty, and the kitties. you have no idea how much shi*t i get from cubs fans. if you don't like the fact that we hate the cubs, then you don't need to be here.

guillen4life13
02-28-2002, 08:05 PM
oops. i hadn't gotten far enough to see that he was banned. it was fun. i wish i was there @ the time.

HawkDJ
02-28-2002, 11:56 PM
Did anyone ever compare Sosa-Thomas stats? I didn't read evey post. Well here it is just incase someone was curious like me since I hadn't compared before

-------- Sosa----------- Thomas
AVG---- .277------------ .319
OBP---- .343------------ .438
SLG-----.542-------------.577
R--------1093------------ 1091
HR------ 450------------ 348
RBI----- 1239 -----------1193
BB------ 635------------- 1198
K-------- 1690 ---------- 847

pearso66
03-01-2002, 12:00 AM
ok, i stick with my first instinct, thomas over sosa

RedPinStripes
03-01-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Did anyone ever compare Sosa-Thomas stats? I didn't read evey post. Well here it is just incase someone was curious like me since I hadn't compared before

Sosa Thomas
AVG .277 .319
OBP .343 .438
R 1093 1091
HR 450 348
RBI 1239 1193
BB 635 1198
K 1690 847

Can our troll friend still lurk? I hope he saw those numbers. Good job!

Daver
03-01-2002, 12:27 AM

Can our troll friend still lurk? I hope he saw those numbers. Good job!

He gets an error message.

RedPinStripes
03-01-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by daver

He gets an error message.

Too bad. We should allow them to lurk so they get even more pissed off as we humilliate them.

DVG
03-01-2002, 12:37 AM
This was by far the most entertaining thread I've read in a while,
and that is saying something. What fun! I was unaware of the
shenanigans that Sosa pulled over the CORE dinner. Shoot, if Thomas had pulled a stunt like that it would've been front page news. Mariotti would've gone into nuclear meltdown. Did he even mention it? I don't recall.

Pete_SSAC
03-01-2002, 12:37 AM
:lurkers

- Pete

DVG
03-01-2002, 12:52 AM
There was a post (I don't recall who put it up) that wrote that
you would think that the Sox had KKK members from the way
Mariotti wrote about them. Well, I recall Mariotti doing his damn
best to tar Sox fans as KKK-types. In his article praising Sammy
as a wonderful patriot for his staged flag-waving, Mariotti wrote
that the only people who thought the display was bad were
(I'm paraphrasing here) "jealous" Sox fans who see Sosa as an
"ignorant foreigner" who is "unworthy" of waving the flag.

The article was written at a time when the President was warning Americans not to take their frustrations out on inno-
cent Middle Eastern and/or Muslim Americans. Maybe I'm being
too biased here, but I think the scumbag's intent was quite clear.
He was implying that Sox fans are the same type that would see
Middle Eastern Americans as "ignorant foreigners."

bjmarte
03-01-2002, 09:46 AM
Did anyone else get an email from our buddy brian_x7? I got one that was sent yesterday around 6:30. Here is what it said:

This is a message from Brian_XX7 at White Sox Interactive Forums ( http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/index.php ). The White Sox Interactive
Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.
To email Brian_XX7, you can use this online form:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?action=mailform&userid=491

OR, by email:
mailto:BRM@pobox.com

This is the message:

I declare victory.

What the heck is he talking about?

cheeses_h_rice
03-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Did anyone else get an email from our buddy brian_x7? I got one that was sent yesterday around 6:30. Here is what it said:

Looks like our pisspants Flubbie friend got himself a new identity.

Congrats, loser! Suuuure you win...*****!!!

Iwritecode
03-01-2002, 10:27 AM

Looks like our pisspants Flubbie friend got himself a new identity.

Congrats, loser! Suuuure you win...*****!!!

Well when you say stupid things like "The Sox and Cubs get equal coverage" and think that the Sox will be starting rookies at 3rd and center this year and then completely ignore each and every point brought up against you, I can see why he claims victory. I have to admit though, that was the most fun I've had on this board in quite awhile. Trolls don't show up here too often and it's pretty obvious why. Arguing with trolls on the troll board is pretty fun too but this board is soo much better in soo many ways. I just wonder how long it will take him to figure out how to start posting on here again. Probably never will...

bjmarte
03-01-2002, 10:44 AM

My Response:

Congrats!

As a cub fan you should enjoy the few victories you get.

HawkDJ
03-01-2002, 10:45 AM
Thats weird how all the numbers condensed in my comparison. I'll change it.

-------- Sosa----------- Thomas
AVG---- .277------------ .319
OBP---- .343------------ .438
SLG-----.542-------------.577
R--------1093------------ 1091
HR------ 450------------ 348
RBI----- 1239 -----------1193
BB------ 635------------- 1198
K-------- 1690 ---------- 847

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Wait a minute, is it all over? I haven't been on for a few days and I missed the battle. Damn! I will never do that again.
He's probably parading around the house in buttless chaps covered in ivy and blowing kisses to his Sammy Soso poster.
Hunting season on cub fans: All Year!

bjmarte
03-01-2002, 07:52 PM
Just got another response from our buddy thought y'all might be interested.

If you could do me a favor and post this to your
board, I'd be much appreciative:

After unceromonously being kicked off your board
without even given a chance to say goodbye, I'd like
to thank all of you for a spirited round of Cub v Sox
talk. Isn't all good baseball discussion trolling
anyway? Thanks and have a good season and don't worry
JR will have a fresh batch of prospects that you guys
can salivate over for the next 3 years.

X

RedPinStripes
03-01-2002, 09:10 PM
Just got another response from our buddy thought y'all might be interested.

He's so professional.

EnricoPallazzo
03-04-2002, 09:00 AM
The Sosa/Bell trade was one of the worst, if not THE worst trades ever made by Sox management. Just another in a long line of assaults on us by Sox ownership. All this notwithstanding, we remain defiant, loyal, and realistic, unlike hyper excitable Cub fans, those pampered, pusilanimous poodles who pee on the rug every time the doorbell rings.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-04-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by EnricoPallazzo
The Sosa/Bell trade was one of the worst, if not THE worst trades ever made by Sox management. Just another in a long line of assaults on us by Sox ownership. All this notwithstanding, we remain defiant, loyal, and realistic, unlike hyper excitable Cub fans, those pampered, pusilanimous poodles who pee on the rug every time the doorbell rings.

Welcome to the board, Enrico. Cool user name. :smile:

I would take issue with characterizing Sosa/Bell as the worst trade in Sox history. Trading winners like rookie Norm Cash, had a far-worst effect on the franchise. The Sox couldn't afford a .203 hitting free-swinging egomaniac in right field for a team with championship aspirations. In the time since the trade, we've gathered two more division titles (plus a third one if you count 1994) while the Cubs have one wild-card "championship" which they literally backed into. Only a baseball fan in love with zingers could love Sosa.

I'm GLAD Sosa is gone. My only regret is we didn't get more for him. As a former league MVP, George Bell wasn't a bad bet. However, losing Sosa was addition by subtraction.

"Imagine my antics and salsa music inside the Sox clubhouse! Who can doubt where the team would finish?"

DVG
03-04-2002, 09:49 AM
I always love it when Cub fans dog us for the Bell/Sosa trade.
You would think that after they lost Lou Brock, Greg Maddux,
Dennis Eckersley, Rafael Palmiero and other greats and near-
greats (anybody recall Pat Tabler and Andre Thornton) you'd
think that Cubbie fans would feel our pain.

voodoochile
03-04-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DVG
I always love it when Cub fans dog us for the Bell/Sosa trade.
You would think that after they lost Lou Brock, Greg Maddux,
Dennis Eckersley, Rafael Palmiero and other greats and near-
greats (anybody recall Pat Tabler and Andre Thornton) you'd
think that Cubbie fans would feel our pain.

I am glad someone mentioned these trades, because it brings up a point I want to make.

What if ShamMEMEME DOES break Aaron's record. He is 33. If he averages 40 HR/year for the next 7 years, he will be really close and able to do it by simply hanging around for a few years. Does anyone doubt that Sosa will average 40? The one thing that might damage his chances are if he gets injured or if the steroid use catches up with him.

But, if he stays healthy AND breaks the record, that trade will go down with the others in DVG's post.

I am NOT saying I want ShamMEMEME back. I will take players who care about the team and want to win over everything to a glory hogging showboat like ShamMEMEME every time, but when you trade away the HR king, you have to expect to take some grief from people. Hopefully the Sox win a few pennants and more in the next 7 years and the flubbies continue to flounder, so we have a built in answer when the critics get to harping...

Interesting thought... Will all the bigots who abused Aaron when he got close, now rip on ShamMEMEME because he isn't American?

FarWestChicago
03-04-2002, 02:15 PM
What if ShamMEMEME DOES break Aaron's record. He is 33. If he averages 40 HR/year for the next 7 years, he will be really close and able to do it by simply hanging around for a few years. Does anyone doubt that Sosa will average 40? The one thing that might damage his chances are if he gets injured or if the steroid use catches up with him. Well, maybe he's 33. Anyway, his obvious, rampant steroid use has to catch up to him. He's already been doing them for a long time. And it's not like he's got a staff of East German scientists controlling his dosing. As much as I dislike the cheating hot dog, I hope he doesn't end up like Lyle Alzado.

cheeses_h_rice
03-04-2002, 02:23 PM
Well, maybe he's 33. Anyway, his obvious, rampant steroid use has to catch up to him. He's already been doing them for a long time. And it's not like he's got a staff of East German scientists controlling his dosing. As much as I dislike the cheating hot dog, I hope he doesn't end up like Lyle Alzado.

If he has 2 monster years in '02 and '03, he could probably beat Aaron's record. He's at 450 now, and say he hits 110 in the next 2 years, that brings him up to 560. That leaves only 195 zingers to hit over 7 or so years, or about 28 a year until he's 42 (wink wink).

Still, if he has even one injury-plagued season a la McGwire, it could dunk his chances in the tank. And what a shame that would be for baseball.

Randar68
03-04-2002, 02:32 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Can we please kill this thread? I am getting really tired of seeing Roid-city's finest even discussed.

Until Baseball tests for and bans steroid use, it will continue to be a joke amung the major professional "sports."

FarWestChicago
03-04-2002, 02:38 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Can we please kill this thread? I am getting really tired of seeing Roid-city's finest even discussed.

Until Baseball tests for and bans steroid use, it will continue to be a joke amung the major professional "sports." I agree the discussions of the Shaminator get old. But, there is some great stuff in this thread. That Flubbie troll was hugely entertaining. Cheeses was classic in dealing with him. If I remember correctly, you took a turn or two, also. :smile:

Randar68
03-04-2002, 03:17 PM
I agree the discussions of the Shaminator get old. But, there is some great stuff in this thread. That Flubbie troll was hugely entertaining. Cheeses was classic in dealing with him. If I remember correctly, you took a turn or two, also. :smile:

You remember correctly, although my comments were quickly lost as Flub fans never want to talk stats or facts unless it's "Sammy has XX HR's"

I'm just getting tired of wasting time with Sammy, and seeing others do the same....

FarWestChicago
03-04-2002, 03:18 PM
I'm just getting tired of wasting time with Sammy, and seeing others do the same.... Can't argue with you there.

voodoochile
03-04-2002, 03:19 PM

You remember correctly, although my comments were quickly lost as Flub fans never want to talk stats or facts unless it's "Sammy has XX HR's"

I'm just getting tired of wasting time with Sammy, and seeing others do the same....

Isn't 90% of message board posting technically a waste of time (in a big picture context)? I have fun here, and enjoy the various people I talk with, but nothing that goes on here is a going to solve any of the worlds problems... It's all for fun...

Randar68
03-04-2002, 03:32 PM

Isn't 90% of message board posting technically a waste of time (in a big picture context)? I have fun here, and enjoy the various people I talk with, but nothing that goes on here is a going to solve any of the worlds problems... It's all for fun...

Great, take a simple request and delve right into the philosophy of it all! Sheeeesh!

Yes, it's all in fun, but wasting time talking about Sosa when we have Willie, Hummel, LTP, etc to talk about seems like a very dillusional version of fun.