PDA

View Full Version : Angels and A's

PorkChopExpress
09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
I know most people on this board are focused on the race in the AL Central, but while I was looking at each team's upcoming schedule, I noticed that the Angels and A's have SEVEN games against each other over the rest of the regular season. Seeing as the A's lead is only 5.5 games, it looks like the Angels can make the division race in the West come down to the last series as well. With the same thing possibly happening in the Central, this could be quite an exciting finish all around. Anyway, who here gives the Angels a shot at catching the A's before the end of the season?

itsnotrequired
09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I know most people on this board are focused on the race in the AL Central, but while I was looking at each team's upcoming schedule, I noticed that the Angels and A's have SEVEN games against each other over the rest of the regular season. Seeing as the A's lead is only 5.5 games, it looks like the Angels can make the division race in the West come down to the last series as well. With the same thing possibly happening in the Central, this could be quite an exciting finish all around. Anyway, who here gives the Angels a shot at catching the A's before the end of the season?

After the Sox sweep the Angels this week, it will get a lot tougher for them.:cool:

TDog
09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
The SoCal media is writing again about the difficulty the Angels have in scoring runs, which was a big problem earlier in the season. The Angels may be too far back with too little offense to get things done this late.

As much as I would like to see the Angels (or anyone, but only the Angels could) overtake the A's for the division, that race tightening up could bring another contender into the mix for the wild card, which is something the Sox don't need.

White City
09-11-2006, 04:32 PM
You could be right. What scare me the most: Big Frank has been crushing for months, and his last week or so has been torrid!!! If he is the difference maker for them the rest of the way, and has a huge series against us this weekend, then not only will he help keep us from the playoffs, but it is not all that impossible that he could jump ahead of JD in the MVP hunt (imagining a HUGE September, mind you). How crazy would that last thought have sounded two months ago?

Frank since Sept. 1:
15 for 38 (.395 AVG)
Three walks and two strikeouts (.439 OBP)
11 runs
18 RBI
7 HR (current streak is five games in a row)

YIKES!