PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see what Ozzie said to the camera.....

soxinem1
09-10-2006, 09:18 PM
in the 9th inning?

Clearly:

FYMF, FY

What was that about? Was he just begging to give the press more negative **** to say? What was his problem?

Harry Potter
09-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Oh yeah I saw that. Notice the subtle attempt by the cameraman to slowly pan out after catching those colorful words?

QCIASOXFAN
09-10-2006, 09:27 PM
We saw this also. I would really like to know what the hell that was all about. I thought it was kind of funny though.

Grzegorz
09-10-2006, 09:39 PM
I'd bet his bosses didn't think it was too funny...

slobes
09-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I'd bet his bosses didn't think it was too funny...

The bosses don't even let people dive on tarps, what will they think of this?! But seriously, sounds kind of stupid on his part.

chisoxmike
09-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I saw it. I wonder who he was saying it to.

jenn2080
09-10-2006, 10:05 PM
way to go ozzie. maybe he was talking to himself. **** you ozzie for putting about 6 bullpen pitchers in the 9th

Chicken Dinner
09-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I thought it was "I am a moron".

Martinigirl
09-10-2006, 10:26 PM
I was just wondering who he was saying it to.

GlassSox
09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Maybe he was talking to his bull pen pitching staff and to Don Cooper.

BainesHOF
09-10-2006, 11:53 PM
My guess is that he was saying it to a fan. I seem to remember either before or during that you could see Ozzie and then Garcia looking into the stands as if they were looking to see what fan was yelling something.

Ozzie looks into the stands way too much. He did the same thing as a player.

TheOldRoman
09-11-2006, 12:28 AM
way to go ozzie. maybe he was talking to himself. **** you ozzie for putting about 6 bullpen pitchers in the 9th
Ah, you have really come a long way from telling Vazquez to **** off and saying you hated him because he gave up a few runs.:rolleyes:

You do us Sox fans proud.

wassagstdu
09-11-2006, 06:45 AM
I am really sick of seeing Sox "fans" denigrate the team that gave us the 2005. In my opinion this is far more disgusting than "black clouding." What is your point? Yes, 2005 did prove that it is all about pitching and defense, not sluggers, and that did discredit the Sox philosophy of the preceding 1.5 decades. Deal with it.

edit:
Looks like I flew off the handle in the wrong direction. I apologize to TheOldRoman, but not to the "fans" who daily rip my favorite team here. I don't need to come here to see the White Sox trashed.

jenn2080
09-11-2006, 06:48 AM
Ah, you have really come a long way from telling Vazquez to **** off and saying you hated him because he gave up a few runs.:rolleyes:

You do us Sox fans proud.

Thanks! I try. And it was a joke.

INSox56
09-11-2006, 08:18 AM
It could have been to a fan or two. I was sitting 4th row up from the HP side of the dugout and he looked up a few times to the stands. Many people around us were just yelling and screaming more than a little. I hate to say it, but there was this old *cough* person....in front of us that was SCREAMING for pretty much the entire 7, 8, 9 at Ozzie. Evidently it's his fault that our pitchers can't pitch a god damn strike.....? Whoever pitching would pitch ONE BALL and the lady would start screaming "TAKE HIM OUT OZZIE, THIS GAME'S ON YOU OZZIE, YOU SUCK". Moderately annoying would be an understatement.

Anyway, Ozzie turned around once with the lineup card and pointed to a fan, then to the lineup card. Basically saying "you wanna do it? you're so smart, you go ahead and try"

itsnotrequired
09-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Ozzie swearing? I don't believe it for a second...

Law11
09-11-2006, 08:36 AM
It was someone in the front row of the scout seats. You could see him standing up yelling at ozzie then telling him to tell tracey to pitch underhnad.

Baby Fisk
09-11-2006, 08:51 AM
:ozzie
"I tell you what, I was filming a promo for my espanish language mini-series. When I say "Watch A Mi Manera, Sundays on Comcast" in espanish, it looks like I'm saying FYMFFU in english. It's an easy mistake, okay?"

Jerko
09-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Maybe the fan was upset because he was wringing his hands over being behind, and Freddy was in the dugout rubbing his chin and mugging for the camera and laughing when it was 3-2 or 4-2. Nice intensity there Garcia. :angry::angry::angry: Either way, just ignore the obnoxous fans Ozzie. If I can do it in the bleachers, he should be able to do it from the confines of the freakin dugout.

jenn2080
09-11-2006, 09:36 AM
It could have been to a fan or two. I was sitting 4th row up from the HP side of the dugout and he looked up a few times to the stands. Many people around us were just yelling and screaming more than a little. I hate to say it, but there was this old *cough* person....in front of us that was SCREAMING for pretty much the entire 7, 8, 9 at Ozzie. Evidently it's his fault that our pitchers can't pitch a god damn strike.....? Whoever pitching would pitch ONE BALL and the lady would start screaming "TAKE HIM OUT OZZIE, THIS GAME'S ON YOU OZZIE, YOU SUCK". Moderately annoying would be an understatement.

Anyway, Ozzie turned around once with the lineup card and pointed to a fan, then to the lineup card. Basically saying "you wanna do it? you're so smart, you go ahead and try"

the section my brother and i were almost the same. they were booing the whole entire 8th inning, screaming you suck. I asked 2 people in front us about being a fan and they said it was their 2nd game. They knew Paulie on the team and JD that is about it.

INSox56
09-11-2006, 11:15 AM
the section my brother and i were almost the same. they were booing the whole entire 8th inning, screaming you suck. I asked 2 people in front us about being a fan and they said it was their 2nd game. They knew Paulie on the team and JD that is about it.

It's really pathetic sometimes. I can understand being pissed, and yes, ozzie really does some questionable things sometimes with the lineups. But completely blaming him for EVERY RELIEVER sucking that bad two games in a row? I don't think so. The old hag in front of me actually said that Ozzie should be out there pitching for "doing such a bad job and intentionally trying to lose the game". Hell, I think that's the only way you could completely blame ozz for yesterday..

Oh, and I didn't say anything because these were their actual seats...they weren't mine. ;)

cheezheadsoxfan
09-11-2006, 11:21 AM

Which pretty much supports the theory that the bulk of the booing of our players is coming from bandwagon fans. It's great to have the seats full for the money it brings in for quality players, but this is an unwelcome side effect.

Jerko
09-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Which pretty much supports the theory that the bulk of the booing of our players is coming from bandwagon fans. It's great to have the seats full for the money it brings in for quality players, but this is an unwelcome side effect.

It's gonna get worse the longer the Sox are in 3rd, too. I sense some ugliness at the ole ball park this final homestand unless they come back from the west coast ahead of the Tigers or Twins.

kitekrazy
09-11-2006, 11:42 AM
It's gonna get worse the longer the Sox are in 3rd, too. I sense some ugliness at the ole ball park this final homestand unless they come back from the west coast ahead of the Tigers or Twins.

You gotta take the good with the bad. They forgot how many showed up for the WS Celebration.
I wonder if there was ever a time in competitions were fans didn't show their disappointment. In soccer I guess it's worse. Players and refs die from their actions.

100 Year Itch
09-11-2006, 12:02 PM
It seems entirely unprofessional of Guillen to be addressing the fans while the ball game is still in progress.

Jerko
09-11-2006, 12:36 PM
It seems entirely unprofessional of Guillen to be addressing the fans while the ball game is still in progress.

Yep. If you're not worried about what's going on on the field, Ozzie, then neither am I. Maybe that's why he's making so many bad decisions in people's minds; he's not paying attention to the damn game.

Law11
09-11-2006, 01:31 PM

I'll be at four of those games next week and if they are giving games away like they have been instead of yelling and booling I'll save myself the grief and just leave. I stopped yelling at the TV weeks ago when this became an all too familiar routine with this years team.

Myrtle72
09-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I'll be at four of those games next week and if they are giving games away like they have been instead of yelling and booling I'll save myself the grief and just leave. I stopped yelling at the TV weeks ago when this became an all too familiar routine with this years team.

That's exactly what people who are inclined to boo at the games should do - they all just need to leave. If you don't like it, you don't have to be there.

Law11
09-11-2006, 01:42 PM
That's exactly what people who are inclined to boo at the games should do - they all just need to leave. If you don't like it, you don't have to be there.

I'm not inclined to boo but when enough is enough i just leave.
I seem to always cool off on the ride home rather than yell some stupid remark in the stands..

Jerko
09-11-2006, 01:43 PM
The last game in my plan is Saturday the 23rd, but I might pop in for one of those Tiger games with a friend's ticket. Hopefully the casual fan stays home if the Sox aren't up by 14 games by then.

Britt Burns
09-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Ozzie was swearing?? My poor virgin ears! What's next, spitting on the dugout floor? Slamming an empty water bottle on the ground in disgust? The horror...

BainesHOF
09-11-2006, 02:01 PM
If Ozzie is swearing at fans, that's a problem.

SOXandILLINI
09-11-2006, 02:13 PM
My guess is that he was saying it to a fan. I seem to remember either before or during that you could see Ozzie and then Garcia looking into the stands as if they were looking to see what fan was yelling something.

Ozzie looks into the stands way too much. He did the same thing as a player.
anyone who knows anything about the ozzeroo, knows why he looks into the stands so much. and no, i will not elaborate.