PDA

View Full Version : Frank--Ready to lead


Paulwny
02-26-2002, 07:18 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/wire/stories/0,1169,5063632_52,00.html

MattSharp
02-26-2002, 08:11 PM
Thomas should have been a leader all of along. How come it took him like 11 years to decide to becoem a team leader. This is BS. Well I guess better late than never...

OfficerKarkovice
02-26-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Thomas should have been a leader all of along. How come it took him like 11 years to decide to becoem a team leader. This is BS. Well I guess better late than never...

That's an unfair statement...just because you are the best player on your team does not mean that you should be the leader. Different people work different ways. Frank maybe right now is at a time where he feels he can lead this team and can be vocal. This is all the better for us so I think it's great and coming at a great time.

Kilroy
02-27-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice


That's an unfair statement...just because you are the best player on your team does not mean that you should be the leader.

That's right on. People just expect the highest paid guy or the best player on the team to be the leader. But just because someone can "do it" better than anyone else doesn't mean that they are qualified or want to lead. Leaders emerge from the crowd because they have that intangible about them.

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 02:47 AM
Lets just be glad that "good frank" is in camp. Not "bad frank".

RichH55
02-27-2002, 12:42 PM
I think Frank is just getting better with the PR.....I never thought he was a bad guy or a bad influence(had a couple of bad years with personal problems mind you), but overall a guy I never questioned being a part of the team....good to see he has some of the bad elements of the past behind him

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
I think Frank is just getting better with the PR.....I never thought he was a bad guy or a bad influence(had a couple of bad years with personal problems mind you), but overall a guy I never questioned being a part of the team....good to see he has some of the bad elements of the past behind him

This id true. I like what I'm hearing out of himin the papers and hopefully he sticks by it.