PDA

View Full Version : Jenks last night....a historical performance.

PeoriaSoxFan
09-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Last night, Jenks gives up 4 doubles on 7 pitches. It was the first time in 27 appearances, where he had a 2 run lead, that he blew the save. Also, Jenks was the first reliever this season to give up four doubles in a game. He is only the second pitcher in the last 40 years to give up four consecutive doubles. The last was Isringhausen in 2001.

Lets hope it ends there. How about an 17-4 run to end the season?

cbotnyse
09-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Historically bad.....but he has been a rock for us all year with a few slip ups.

I love Jenks, he is a huge (pardon the pun) asset to have, when heathly. Get to 100% soon, we need you!

my5thbench
09-09-2006, 10:06 AM
you felt so confident with the 2 run lead after pickin' one up in the eigth...wow what a finish!....my son was watchin' with me & he was about 1/2 drunk,,, so two of us were cussin' in the top of the ninth

TDog
09-09-2006, 10:44 AM
you felt so confident with the 2 run lead after pickin' one up in the eigth...wow what a finish!....my son was watchin' with me & he was about 1/2 drunk,,, so two of us were cussin' in the top of the ninth

People are going to read this and think parents and sons in Indiana get drunk and cuss together for fun.

I just saw the results on the Internet on my way out of the office. Strike-Double-Double etc. I hadn't seen a reliever give up so many runs in so few pitches since I was coaching a junior high school baseball team.

Brian26
09-09-2006, 11:02 AM

I'll take a 28-4 run. :D:

Chips
09-09-2006, 11:09 AM
I'll take a 28-4 run. :D:

I'll take a 32-0 run. :D::D:

ondafarm
09-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Jenks needs to go on the DL. Maybe Hermanson/ Thonton can take over the closer duties.

Dan H
09-09-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't know if the injury is the problem or not, but if Jenks can't do it, that is a big blow to this team. I have been very frustrated with this team and am only hoping they can pull this out. But I never would have booed Jenks. He has been there all season.

JB98
09-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Last night, Jenks gives up 4 doubles on 7 pitches. It was the first time in 27 appearances, where he had a 2 run lead, that he blew the save. Also, Jenks was the first reliever this season to give up four doubles in a game. He is only the second pitcher in the last 40 years to give up four consecutive doubles. The last was Isringhausen in 2001.

John Burkett gave up four consecutive doubles to Willie Harris, D'Angelo Jiminez, Frank Thomas and Magglio Ordonez to start a game in June 2003. I brought it up in the game thread last night. A. Cavatica produced a link to confirm my memory of that game.

Maybe you're talking about relievers only?

RichFitztightly
09-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Jenks needs to go on the DL. Maybe Hermanson/ Thonton can take over the closer duties.

The purpose of putting somebody on the DL is to open up a roster spot so you're not short handed. The rosters are already expanded as much as possible. Therefore, putting him on the DL would be pointless.

That being said, I agree with your overall point that he's injured and shouldn't be playing.

flo-B-flo
09-09-2006, 08:23 PM

Lets hope it ends there. How about an 17-4 run to end the season? More like a hysterical performance.

flo-B-flo
09-09-2006, 08:26 PM
you felt so confident with the 2 run lead after pickin' one up in the eigth...wow what a finish!....my son was watchin' with me & he was about 1/2 drunk,,, so two of us were cussin' in the top of the ninth My dad and I used to do this........during most Sox games........memories.

Sox-o-matic
09-09-2006, 08:34 PM
People are going to read this and think parents and sons in Indiana get drunk and cuss together for fun.

That image should be on Indiana state license plates.

ewokpelts
09-10-2006, 08:34 AM

Lets hope it ends there. How about an 17-4 run to end the season?i feel so much better now knwoing that he made history