PDA

View Full Version : Yanks acquire Hitchcock

Jjav829
07-30-2001, 03:08 PM
NEW YORK -- Sterling Hitchcock is headed back to where his career started.

ESPN's Peter Gammons reported Monday that the San Diego Padres traded Hitchock to the Yankees for Bret Jodie and outfielder Darren Blakely.

The Yankees will assume Hitchcock's $1 million signing bonus.

Hitchcock is 2-1 in three starts this season with a 3.32 ERA after coming off Tommy John surgery in June of 2000.

The left-hander began his career with the Yankees in 1992 before joining the Seattle Mariners in 1996.

Mathew
07-30-2001, 06:22 PM
He's looked good since his return and is soooo clutch in playoffs again the Yanks get someone that will help.

Jerry_Manuel
07-30-2001, 06:52 PM
:ass
I'm not worried about him we have Jason Bere.

Mathew
07-30-2001, 06:55 PM
Does anyone here regret the relese of Jason Bere?

Daver
07-30-2001, 06:57 PM
I'm not.I will be surprised if he makes it to the end of the season healthy.

FarWestChicago
07-30-2001, 07:03 PM

No.

Jerry_Manuel
07-30-2001, 07:11 PM

:wright
If I ever saw Jason Bere in the street I would punch him right in the face. There is no need for old guys, time for the new blood to break through. Remember I start vs. Kansas City on Wednesday.

Majik1987
07-30-2001, 10:06 PM
Why do the Yankees always get the talent without giving up anyone? Why do all major leagues teams give up good players for the garbage in the New York farm system? Other than the Knoblauch trade, name another trade where the Yankees gave up excellent prospect that have made a huge impact on a team. How can Soriano still be on that team?

Jerry_Manuel
07-30-2001, 10:12 PM
Other than the Knoblauch trade, name another trade where the Yankees gave up excellent prospect that have made a huge impact on a team.

It is simple, the Yankees hype their prospects up to the point where everyone wants them. Other teams think to themselves "Man if the Yankees talk about this guy, then he must be good."

Daver
07-30-2001, 10:21 PM
The Yankees have one of the lowest rated farm systems there is according to stats inc.But what the hell do I know?

Jerry_Manuel
07-30-2001, 10:25 PM
The Yankees have one of the lowest rated farm systems there is according to stats inc.But what the hell do I know?

I'm not saying they have a good system but when you have the clowns at ESPN talking about these guys other teams buy into them.

:boston
I don't hype the Yankees, I hype Boston.

:moron
I hype the Cubs.

doublem23
07-30-2001, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Mathew

Nope. This is a fluke year for Bere. He is NOT as good as his numbers imply, and where would he be in this rotation? Do you honestly think Bere would get a starting role over Buehrle, Wells, Garland, Lowe, or Wright? I don't.

He'd be whining in the bullpen.

Jerry_Manuel
07-30-2001, 10:33 PM
Do you honestly think Bere would get a starting role over Buehrle, Wells, Garland, Lowe, or Wright?

:kipper:wright
I think it is a well known fact that in a street fight either one of us would beat the hell out of Jason Bere.

Daver
07-30-2001, 10:37 PM
Not to get off subject but in a street fight I win.

I ain't saying,I'm just saying

Jerry_Manuel
07-30-2001, 10:45 PM
Not to get off subject but in a street fight I win.

Yeah I am from the mean streets of Park Ridge. I'll bring my guy Fritzy and Lick and we will rule the town.

:manos
Whatever you no talent assclown.