PDA

View Full Version : Tv

CLR01
09-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Three Sox WGN games in one week, did the Trubune sell the WGN or something?

Nellie_Fox
09-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Three Sox WGN games in one week, did the Trubune sell the WGN or something?I'm not complaining. Very nice for us out-of-towners.

CLR01
09-09-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm not complaining. Very nice for us out-of-towners.

I'm not either but I don't think I have ever seen this many Sox WGN games this bunched up. Wednesday, today, tomorrow and again next Wednesday.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-09-2006, 01:26 AM
does this have something to do with that goofy new network? the cw or something?

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2006, 01:29 AM
does this have something to do with that goofy new network? the cw or something?

The CW is just taking over the WB tag that was tied to WGN, I thought.

I think WGN did this thinking these would be big games coming down the stretch.

monkeypants
09-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Did I hear right on the WGN pre-game today that Hawk is taking a break for the Saturday game and Jack MacDowell will be filling in?

Or was it a wonderful dream?

Nellie_Fox
09-09-2006, 02:10 AM
Did I hear right on the WGN pre-game today that Hawk is taking a break for the Saturday game and Jack MacDowell will be filling in?

Or was it a wonderful dream?That's what they said. I still like the Hawk. I wonder if DJ will do the PBP and Black Jack the color?

jdm2662
09-09-2006, 09:12 AM
The CW is just taking over the WB tag that was tied to WGN, I thought.

I think WGN did this thinking these would be big games coming down the stretch.

UPN and WB merged. Channel 50 is now an independent station again. I'm going to guess this is a combination of the big games down the stretch and the new season hasn't started yet. Hence, better ratings and more revenue to show the Sox games.

MrRoboto83
09-09-2006, 09:18 AM
WGN has been advertizing these games big time as pennant race baseball.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-09-2006, 10:05 AM

Well they are - I told you I felt confident yesterday. :yup:

No postgame drinking Mr. Roboto? :o:

mark2olson
09-09-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm not complaining. Very nice for us out-of-towners.

I couldn't agree more, nice to see the game on the "big" screen.

Chicken Dinner
09-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Now if they would just get some fresh commercials.

ChiSoxGirl
09-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Unless it was a misprint, last night's game was supposed to air on Comcast, according to the Sox calendar that was given away in mid-April.... Maybe WGN has realized that there's a simple way to bolster their ratings this September- air more Sox games! :yup: :thumbsup:

miker
09-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Obviously, they can't say that about their team...

tony1972
09-09-2006, 08:07 PM
From what I have read ...this is the first year since the 1960's the Sox games are bringing higher ratings for WGN than the Cubs games...

WGN is going with who brings the greatest revenue..the broadcasts are made before the season..but if you look at the promos on WGN...they are really pushing their Sox broadcasts and barely giving a mention to their Cubs ones...

Money talks...it doesn't matter if they are Tribune owned...

Fake Chet Lemon
09-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Unless it was a misprint, last night's game was supposed to air on Comcast, according to the Sox calendar that was given away in mid-April.... Maybe WGN has realized that there's a simple way to bolster their ratings this September- air more Sox games! :yup: :thumbsup:

Bingo! The Tribune company's loyalty is ultimately to MONEY, not even the Cubs. It's just generally with the Cubs because that's how they can make the most money.

Lip Man 1
09-10-2006, 03:23 AM
It was supposed to air on Comcast but I think what's happened is that WGN has had some Saturday games plucked by Fox so they are getting 'make-goods' to insure they will actually broadcast the number of games that was agreed to in the deal between them and the Sox.

Lip

Hitmen77
09-15-2006, 12:26 AM
IIRC, when the Sox returned to WGN in 1990, Ch. 9 made a statement that Sox telecasts would not interfere with their televising all Cub games. In other words, the Sox would never be on WGN while the Cubs were playing.

Of course, times have changed. Baseball telecasts are not as much of a centerpiece to WGN's lineup as they used to be. Now, they're part of a network and Cub games have been on cable for several years now. Quite a turnaround from 1981 when one of the Trib's main motives for buying the Cubs was to assure that they would stay on WGN.

Speaking of the Sox on WGN, does anyone remember them being on Channel 9 for one season only in 1981? Why did that only last for one season?

Qdaddy
09-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Does anyone know if that game against Minn. was picked up by anyone? or is it still being blacked out.

JorgeFabregas
09-15-2006, 02:30 AM
According to news reports, it will be broadcast on an as of yet undisclosed network.

WizardsofOzzie
09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know if that game against Minn. was picked up by anyone? or is it still being blacked out.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78841