PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Get Landmark Award for New Bleachers

tebman
09-08-2006, 02:40 PM
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks gave an award (http://chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=21987) to the Cubs for the historic bleacher expansion project.

:dunno:

From the article:
Mike Lufrano, vice-president of community affairs for the Cubs, said...
"We've been good stewards of the ballpark for 90 years, and this shows that working in cooperation with the city, we were able to expand the life of our ballpark."

Yeah, whatever. How's that concrete-catching net holding up?

PatK
09-08-2006, 02:55 PM
What's historic about something which was rebuilt again?

Tekijawa
09-08-2006, 03:00 PM
If it helps any, I just got rejected by the Chicago Bungalow Association for an energy savers grant because the attic windows don't have the same Grid Pattern in them... It will cost me almost as much to put the gird pattern in as the grant is for... I knew there was a catch!

Fake Chet Lemon
09-09-2006, 11:27 PM
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks gave an award (http://chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=21987) to the Cubs for the historic bleacher expansion project.

It was the "This place doesn't smell like urine (yet) like the rest of the park" award.

TomBradley72
09-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Shouldn't that be the historic Bud Light Bleachers?

:puking:

1951Campbell
09-10-2006, 10:05 PM
What's historic about something which was rebuilt again?

As far back as 3,000 BC, man has congregated in cities, and has had the ability to ferment various grains and grapes in order to make alcohol. And since that time, reprobates have gotten drunk and urinated on buildings in said cities on the way back to their abodes.

This is the "history" the City of Chicago has chosen to honor, apparently.

Myrtle72
09-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I will never understand Chicagos facination with the Cubs or Wrigley Field.

esbrechtel
09-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Shouldn't that be the historic Bud Light Bleachers?

:kneeslap:

Ziggy S
09-11-2006, 06:39 PM
As far back as 3,000 BC, man has congregated in cities, and has had the ability to ferment various grains and grapes in order to make alcohol. And since that time, reprobates have gotten drunk and urinated on buildings in said cities on the way back to their abodes.

This is the "history" the City of Chicago has chosen to honor, apparently.

:kneeslap:
How true