PDA

View Full Version : If the playoffs started tomorrow....

Sox-o-matic
09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
If the playoffs started tomorrow, what would you like to see as the rotation? Who should be in the bullpen?

I think right now, I'd probably rather see Contreras-Garland-Vazquez-Garcia and have Mark in the bullpen. This is the worst I've ever seen of Buehrle.

hi im skot
09-07-2006, 09:34 PM
If the playoffs started tomorrow, we wouldn't be there.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-07-2006, 09:37 PM

Yup. Pretty much ends it, doesn't it?

Sox-o-matic
09-07-2006, 09:50 PM

That's not exactly the point, but it is very true.

Last year Cleveland was playing the best baseball in baseball and the Sox held on. This year the Twins and the Tigers keep losing and an even more talented version of the Sox can't pick up a few measely games against teams running AAA/MLB hybrid super-suck lineups against us.

Sadly it reminds me of the final series against Cleveland last year, except this time we're on the other side.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-07-2006, 09:59 PM
That's not exactly the point, but it is very true.

Last year Cleveland was playing the best baseball in baseball and the Sox held on. This year the Twins and the Tigers keep losing and an even more talented version of the Sox can't pick up a few measely games against teams running AAA/MLB hybrid super-suck lineups against us.

Sadly it reminds me of the final series against Cleveland last year, except this time we're on the other side.

We've been waiting all year for that magical turnaround. It better happen damn quick, eh?

slobes
09-07-2006, 11:13 PM
If the playoff started tomorrow, I would be ecstatic to see any White Sox pitcher on the mound.

Lip Man 1
09-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Agreed...that would mean somehow, someway they got in.

Lip

jenn2080
09-07-2006, 11:46 PM
If the playoffs started tomorrow, what would you like to see as the rotation? Who should be in the bullpen?

I think right now, I'd probably rather see Contreras-Garland-Vazquez-Garcia and have Mark in the bullpen. This is the worst I've ever seen of Buehrle.

good thread. please see the standings. i love these if they playoffs started tomorrow threads. oh they are fun.

Chicken Dinner
09-08-2006, 12:11 AM
We'd be gone! Haven't seen anything lately that suggests we'll be there.

areilly
09-08-2006, 12:49 AM
I'll play along.

I want Contreras, Garland, and Garcia as starters 1 through 3, and I want Buerhle, Javy and McCarthy to join forces to become the #4 starter, each pitching only for 5 innings or 5 earned runs - whichever comes first.

JB98
09-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Garland, Contreras, Buerhle, hope for a rainout.

0o0o0
09-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Garland.

I mean Garland, Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras...I guess.

Jurr
09-08-2006, 07:00 AM
If the playoffs started tomorrow, we'd be watching some great college football action. Whoo hoo!

Dan H
09-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Garland to start game one. But then the Sox would tank the next three losing 7-1, 8-1, 9-1.

Hitmen77
09-08-2006, 10:03 AM
A playoff spot is just sitting there for the Sox to take.

Amazingly, since July 26 the Twins have gained only 0.5 games on us in the standings. Since early August, we've actually gained 4.5 games on the Tigers. The Red Sox were only a game behind us and now they're finished.

The Sox are very, very lucky to still be in the thick of this race even though they've been playing like ****. 22 games left for the Sox offense and pitching to finally show up.

If the playoffs started tomorrow.... the Sox would be going home and we fans would be crying in our beer. But, we'll have no one to blame but ourselves. No excuses about the competition just being too tough. We have the talent, our opponents are slumping - we are being given a golden opportunity to make the playoffs!

Deuce
09-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Jon, Jose, Mark, and Freddy. Save Javy and Brandon in case any one of these guys starts to fall apart early.

Deuce

Fake Chet Lemon
09-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Who would I LIKE to see in our rotation?

Johan Santana would start game #1 for us............

Chicken Dinner
09-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Who would I LIKE to see in our rotation?

Johan Santana would start game #1 for us............

Is that Jose Santana or Johan Garcia?

IronFisk
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/ahoythere.jpg

PushinWeight
09-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey, if we got into the playoffs I still say that we have as good of a shot as anyone despite the way we have been playing. I know that we've all been waiting for our "big comeback" but in all reality we don't really need to win that many games to get into the post season. Look at the way minnesota has been playing. They might simply hand us the wildcard. I like what Konerko said in the trib today about which team sucks the least will get in.

It might be painful to watch, be we might just stumble into the postseason. (and I'll take it too)

caulfield12
09-08-2006, 03:03 PM
I think we can count on Liriano winning at least 1-2 "extra" games for the Twins they wouldn't have gotten with Bonser/Garza/Silva/Baker, whoever they decide to replace.

I would bet on Silva...but he's one of the few veterans. He pitched really well against TB and then flaked out with stomach problems (third time he's removed himself from a game this season) and Neshek got rocked for one of the few times this season.

Then again, they basically beat TB earlier with ONE lucky Rondell White (of all people) swing, so that cancels out I guess...that and the fact they'd won 14 in a row against the D-Rays before the series finale.

TheLittleBulldog
09-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Garland to start game one. But then the Sox would tank the next three losing 7-1, 8-1, 9-1.

If the Sox make the playoffs they'd be blessed to see a game 4.

BNLSox
09-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Garland, Haeger, McCarthy, Jenks....

At least it would be entertaining.

chisox06
09-08-2006, 07:13 PM
The Sox are very, very lucky to still be in the thick of this race even though they've been playing like ****. 22 games left for the Sox offense and pitching to finally show up.

Yea I hear ya, isn't it frustrating though? You have the feel "lucky" to still be close to two other teams that have played badly as well. If the sox were to show up at all they would have the wildcard lead and be right there for the division. What are we 7 games under .500 since the all star break? And we still have a chance at the wildcard and the division. Hard to believe.