PDA

View Full Version : Interesting take on Borchard's Ks

kermittheefrog
02-26-2002, 01:48 PM
I just got the new Baseball Prospectus and damn is it nice. Anyway in Borchard's capsule they say they've found high K rates in prospects like him to be good things. Why? Well he's already got a mostly complete package, hitting for average, hitting for power, drawing walks, playing D but it gives him a clear definiable goal to make him a better player. Goals like bring up your batting average are something everyone wants to do and aren't as obvious as bring down that 150+ K total. It makes sense to me and makes me feel a little more confident about Borchard's future.

RichH55
02-26-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I just got the new Baseball Prospectus and damn is it nice. Anyway in Borchard's capsule they say they've found high K rates in prospects like him to be good things. Why? Well he's already got a mostly complete package, hitting for average, hitting for power, drawing walks, playing D but it gives him a clear definiable goal to make him a better player. Goals like bring up your batting average are something everyone wants to do and aren't as obvious as bring down that 150+ K total. It makes sense to me and makes me feel a little more confident about Borchard's future.

Damn You KERMIT! Ruining my perchase before it even arrives:) Do tell me they have MLE for the prospects in there though

kermittheefrog
02-26-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Damn You KERMIT! Ruining my perchase before it even arrives:) Do tell me they have MLE for the prospects in there though

They take MLEs to the next level Rich. Instead of slapping down raw player stats they give every players' numbers translated to the context of the major leagues in a neutral park. Make sure to read the stuff at the front of the book where everything is explained better than I can do it before you just jump in. When I took a look at my first BP book I was like "wait a second, those aren't that guy's stats."

guillen4life13
02-26-2002, 04:16 PM
so then what would ltp's neutral park stats be?

RichH55
02-27-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

They take MLEs to the next level Rich. Instead of slapping down raw player stats they give every players' numbers translated to the context of the major leagues in a neutral park. Make sure to read the stuff at the front of the book where everything is explained better than I can do it before you just jump in. When I took a look at my first BP book I was like "wait a second, those aren't that guy's stats."

Yeah I just got it.....good stuff....some real intriguing stuff