PDA

View Full Version : DoubleHeader Today

mrfourni
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Today, the Cubs play the Pirates at 1:20 at Wrigley
The Sox complete the double header at 7:05 at The Cell

Anyone else going to both today? I'll be in the bleachers at Wrigley and my season tickets at the Cell.

kittle42
09-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Don't pull a Dybas! :cool:

soxfan13
09-07-2006, 10:34 AM

Anyone else going to both today? I'll be in the bleachers at Wrigley and my season tickets at the Cell.

How dare you go to a Cubs game you rat- fink- traitor!!!:rolleyes:

NonetheLoaiza
09-07-2006, 10:42 AM

Why are you so Cubsessed??

Enjoy the games. Wish I could go to both.

ewokpelts
09-07-2006, 10:45 AM
i was planning on going, but i wont be able to make the cub half...
Gene

TommyJohn
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM

How dare you!! I revoke your White Sox fanship!!! (Is that a word?)

CHISOXFAN13
09-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I've done the city doubleheader before and it's a lot of fun. Saw the Cardinals and Red Sox in Sept. 2003.

I also pulled off the Milwaukee/Sox doubleheader last September. Unfortunately, Johan Santana ruined the day.

Have fun!

voodoochile
09-07-2006, 10:50 AM
How dare you!! I revoke your White Sox fanship!!! (Is that a word?)

No, but fandom is...:D:

Used to do these all the time. It's a great way to spend a day. Have fun...

soxfan13
09-07-2006, 10:52 AM

Ive done the 2 games in one day and I had a blast but it did get a little expensive:gulp:

voodoochile
09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Ive done the 2 games in one day and I had a blast but it did get a little expensive:gulp:

Yeah, it's expensive because you end up buying two meals out and the beer adds up - especially if you hang out in the Wrigleyville bars between games, but at least you can save money on parking. Have to take the train, it's too easy and much safer.

Jerko
09-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Back in 93, I did the Sox/Hawks doubleheader. Sox vs. Jays playoff game during the day, Hawk home opener at night. I would need 3 days to recover from that now.

itsnotrequired
09-07-2006, 11:04 AM
IIRC, this is the only day this season when both teams are in town.

soxfan13
09-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah, it's expensive because you end up buying two meals out and the beer adds up - especially if you hang out in the Wrigleyville bars between games, but at least you can save money on parking. Have to take the train, it's too easy and much safer.

They werent serving food that day at either park:tongue:

voodoochile
09-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Back in 93, I did the Sox/Hawks doubleheader. Sox vs. Jays playoff game during the day, Hawk home opener at night. I would need 3 days to recover from that now.

Same year, my buddy and I had tickets to a preseason Bears game. He went to a flubbies game in the afternoon. He shows up at my place at like 4:30 and before we can leave for the Bears game at 7, the phone rings and the concierge at the hotel I was working at says she has to Umpire seat tickets to the Sox game at 6:00. We bump down and pick them up and go to the Sox game. Fernandez was on fire and the Sox were crusiing so we walked out of the park at 8:00 with the Sox leading and one out in the 9th. We made it to SF just in time for last call (5 minutes into the third quarter for night games), plunked down in some seats and watched the end of the game.

I don't even think it's possible to go to three live sporting events on the same day in any other city in the world.

whitesoxwilkes
09-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I've done it 3 out of the past 5 years. I think this is the first time it's happened this late in the season.

Gavin
09-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Same year, my buddy and I had tickets to a preseason Bears game. He went to a flubbies game in the afternoon. He shows up at my place at like 4:30 and before we can leave for the Bears game at 7, the phone rings and the concierge at the hotel I was working at says she has to Umpire seat tickets to the Sox game at 6:00. We bump down and pick them up and go to the Sox game. Fernandez was on fire and the Sox were crusiing so we walked out of the park at 8:00 with the Sox leading and one out in the 9th. We made it to SF just in time for last call (5 minutes into the third quarter for night games), plunked down in some seats and watched the end of the game.

I don't even think it's possible to go to three live sporting events on the same day in any other city in the world.

Sweet.

roylestillman
09-07-2006, 11:34 AM
I think they have almost eliminated the North/South doubleheaders after at least one, if not both of the fan "incidents" (Ligue et. al.) a few years back involved idiots who had been to both games.

FielderJones
09-07-2006, 02:40 PM
I think they have almost eliminated the North/South doubleheaders after at least one, if not both of the fan "incidents" (Ligue et. al.) a few years back involved idiots who had been to both games.

Dybas, not Ligue.

chisoxfanatic
09-07-2006, 07:56 PM

Depends on if you're referring to just professional sporting events or sporting events in general. I've been to three complete sporting events on a Saturday back when I was going to ISU. After watching a Redbird football game at Hancock Stadium, I quickly went to the Adelaide Street Field to watch a late-afternoon Redbird soccer game, and then caught an evening Redbird volleyball match at Redbird Arena (what a beautiful spot that is). I had the All Sport student season ticket pass and brought a carry-out lunch to the soccer game from the closest dining center, so the day did not cost very much at all.

It was fun, and the Redbirds won all three games!

voodoochile
09-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Depends on if you're referring to just professional sporting events or sporting events in general. I've been to three complete sporting events on a Saturday back when I was going to ISU. After watching a Redbird football game at Hancock Stadium, I quickly went to the Adelaide Street Field to watch a late-afternoon Redbird soccer game, and then caught an evening Redbird volleyball match at Redbird Arena (what a beautiful spot that is). I had the All Sport student season ticket pass and brought a carry-out lunch to the soccer game from the closest dining center, so the day did not cost very much at all.

It was fun, and the Redbirds won all three games!

Sorry, yes I meant professional games. I am sure there are plenty of college campuses where this type of stuff is possible and it sounds like a blast...

ewokpelts
09-08-2006, 12:18 AM
I've done the city doubleheader before and it's a lot of fun. Saw the Cardinals and Red Sox in Sept. 2003.

I also pulled off the Milwaukee/Sox doubleheader last September. Unfortunately, Johan Santana ruined the day.

Have fun!that day was two cub games, and one sox game..set the all time single day baseball attendance record in chicago

they havent done the double headers in 04 and 05 because of ****head dybas.....

TommyJohn
09-08-2006, 07:28 AM

I've never gone to two games in one day as a fan, but I have worked them
as a vendor. Ironically, it was a weekday game at Comiskey and a night game
at Wrigley.

mrfourni
09-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Update on the City Double header.

Lot of fun, will definately do it again if possible. I've never been in the Wrigley bleachers before. It wasn't as bad as I expected (probably because they were half full).

The games were less than spectacular. The details of the Sox game are a little hazy and the wallet is much lighter than when I embarked on this journey.

whitesoxwin
09-08-2006, 09:46 AM

Hope you got free tickets for the Urinal.....

ewokpelts
09-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Hope you got free tickets for the Urinal.....they were practically giving them away yesterday.....

whitesoxwin
09-08-2006, 11:25 AM
One good thing: You can park your car at the Cell and take the Red line to/from the Cuba game.

ewokpelts
09-08-2006, 11:35 AM
One good thing: You can park your car at the Cell and take the Red line to/from the Cub game.y'know...i didnt think about that......if you plan it right, you can have more beer waiting for you when you get off the red line at the cell, or your crew can have the tailgate ready to go when you show up(assuming you have people that wont be joining you at the urinal).

Gene