PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Pitching

ihatecubs09
09-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Are they finally living up to the hype? I mean the White Sox could have easily swept the Red Sox, except the hitting has been awful. Buehrle has been getting consistantly better, and Garlan, Vasquez, and Contreas were amazing. The bullpen is solid, and now with Dustin back it all looks good from here on out. I think they are going to pull away really soon, and the pitching is going to pull them out from the water starting with this series.

FanofBill
09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Are they finally living up to the hype? I mean the White Sox could have easily swept the Red Sox, except the hitting has been awful. Buehrle has been getting consistantly better, and Garlan, Vasquez, and Contreas were amazing. The bullpen is solid, and now with Dustin back it all looks good from here on out. I think they are going to pull away really soon, and the pitching is going to pull them out from the water starting with this series.

I think so finally. And with the return of Hermanson, I think our relief pitchings just got better too.

esbrechtel
09-06-2006, 11:23 PM
i wouldnt say we are out of the woods yet but i am optimistic...javy looked terrific yesterday and jose looked like the jose from earlier this season today....garland has looked great for quite awhile and it appears that burls is back on track...i think/hope that freddy will step it up and i think that with the kitties and the twinkies playing each other if we get hot there is a good chance we could be EVEN closer to the lead of the division by the begining of next week...

Lamarx
09-06-2006, 11:28 PM
i wouldnt say we are out of the woods yet but i am optimistic...javy looked terrific yesterday and jose looked like the jose from earlier this season today....garland has looked great for quite awhile and it appears that burls is back on track...i think/hope that freddy will step it up and i think that with the kitties and the twinkies playing each other if we get hot there is a good chance we could be EVEN closer to the lead of the division by the begining of next week...

yeah, I like our chances too. The Tigers are still struggling, and I'm pretty sure the Twins will keep struggling.

ShoelessJoeS
09-06-2006, 11:45 PM
yeah, I like our chances too. The Tigers are still struggling, and I'm pretty sure the Twins will keep struggling.I'm not sure if the Twins have been "struggling," so to speak, but I have a feeling that the kitties will not end the year atop the Central.