PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Boston Semi-Massacre Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
09-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Great game all-around and the Twins lose! Back to a half-game deficit in the WC.

Chips
09-06-2006, 09:00 PM
:winner

Kub_Killer_15
09-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Favorite part of the game DUSTIN HERMANSON is back!!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

aryzner
09-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Great stuff tonight.

Where was that O last night? :[

Dub25
09-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Hopefully the offense and Buerhle can keep it rollin tomorrow.

IlliniSox4Life
I like it better saying "YES! HERMANSON'S BACK!" than "Oh no, not Hermanson's back".

4th Gen. Sox Fan
Great game by Jimmy 4-4, a triple shy of the cycle. JD belting homer #40, and a great outting by Jose

Cuck the Fubs
Much better..........

Bring on them toons

pczarapa
Nice night, Twinkies and Tiggers both lose. Erases yesterdays debacle. Let's go beat the hell out of Cleveland!

NoShoesJoe
09-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Nice to see DET and MIN lose today too.

:winner:

joebro25
Awesome games by Jermaine, Thome, and Contreras. And of course, Dustin coming back and getting a perfect 1-2-3 ninth was pretty sweet as well.

ElDuque26
personally it was nice to see that Thome got back into things, this is the first time that he has looked real good in a long time...Contreras was back to the jose we saw at the end of last year and first 3 months this season...can we string some wins together now is the question...w/ detroit and minnesota against eachother we are guaranteed to gain ground on one of the races everytime we win...lets do it boys

Fake Chet Lemon
HERMIES!!!!! Dustin and Schneider, nice work getting back on that hump- YES!!!!!! :bandance:

thomas35forever
:twinslose

hi im skot
09-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Favorite part of the game DUSTIN HERMANSON is back!!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Yes!

Stick with these guys...they aren't dead yet.

TheDarkGundam
I guess this game was alright.
:bandance:

DickAllen72
Even though the Sox have been struggling of late, with both the Twins and Tigers losing tonight they're still right there.

With the starting pitching finally looking like we all thought it would, we may be poised for a great run and a successful post-season.

Tomorrow with Buehrle is huge. Let's hope his back does not hinder him.

Chips
09-06-2006, 09:05 PM
HERMIES!!!!! Dustin and Schneider, nice work getting back on that hump- YES!!!!!! :bandance:

How about a YES!!!!!!!! for Thome? :cool:

mark2olson
09-06-2006, 09:05 PM
There's one!

Outstanding effort by Jose and who was that fella closing things out? Good to see Hermy back on the hill.

Twinkies and Kitties Lose!!!

Now, one batter at a time, let's come out tomorrow night and win!!!

Grzegorz
09-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Tomorrow with Buehrle is huge. Let's hope his back does not hinder him.

Buehrle has a back problem?

Frankfan4life
Thank you White Sox for FINALLY putting together a game with good hitting and pitching. However, I can't get too excited about one win. It's nice to win but consistency is the key. The Sox will have to win series if they have any chance of making the playoffs.
With that said, welcome back Hermy!! What a great debut! :bandance:

Fake Chet Lemon
Rough nite for Sweeney, hope he keeps his head high. He'll be OK. Maybe Ozzie put too much pressure on him batting him leadoff, but I appreciate the messages Oz was trying to send regardless.

Frontman
09-06-2006, 09:07 PM

I think that was about Hermanson, not Buehrle. Either way, the "Return of the Herm!" Whoot!

Tonight was damn good Sox baseball.

Front

Flight #24
09-06-2006, 09:07 PM
The good news: They haven't killed themselves despite some fairly crappy play.

The bad news: it's just one game. What they do this weekend in the 4 against the Toons will tell the tale of whether it's just that or a turnaround (and 3 good pitching performances against a fairly weak Red Sox lineup isn't as impressive to me as it will be against the Tribe).

Their competitors have struggled and the Sox have let that opportunity go. But the season is getting pretty short, so they have to take advantage of the opportunity presented by this weekend when one of the 2 other ALC teams has to lose each game.

Here's to sweeps by the Twins & Sox of all 4, and a .5 game deficit to the division & WC come Monday!:gulp:

Fake Chet Lemon
09-06-2006, 09:08 PM
How about a YES!!!!!!!! for Thome? :cool:

YES!!!!!!!

(yea, i get it..........)

ShoelessJoeS
09-06-2006, 09:09 PM
phew....we needed that!

cheezheadsoxfan
09-06-2006, 09:11 PM

According to 670 he was sent back to Chicago with "back stiffness", results negative, just "normal wear & tear".

ilsox7
09-06-2006, 09:11 PM
The good news: They haven't killed themselves despite some fairly crappy play.

The bad news: it's just one game. What they do this weekend in the 4 against the Toons will tell the tale of whether it's just that or a turnaround (and 3 good pitching performances against a fairly weak Red Sox lineup isn't as impressive to me as it will be against the Tribe).

Their competitors have struggled and the Sox have let that opportunity go. But the season is getting pretty short, so they have to take advantage of the opportunity presented by this weekend when one of the 2 other ALC teams has to lose each game.

Here's to sweeps by the Twins & Sox of all 4, and a .5 game deficit to the division & WC come Monday!:gulp:

Yep. If the Sox can get 3/4 this weekend, the absolute worst case scenario is they will be only 1/2 game back of a playoff spot. But in that scenario, they'd also only be 1.5 back of the division lead. Bottom line is kick ass this weekend and we'll be in REALLY good shape with 3 weeks left.

beckett21
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
It's now or never.

Here's hoping it's now. :gulp:

100 Year Itch
09-06-2006, 09:15 PM
The good news: our starters yielded only three runs over twenty-two innings pitched (1.23 ERA).

The bad news: we only took one out of three.

Grzegorz
09-06-2006, 09:15 PM
It's now or never.

Here's hoping it's now. :gulp:

The pint or the run by the White Sox? :smile:

gbergman
09-06-2006, 09:16 PM
WE WON UNBELIvEBLE

cheezheadsoxfan
09-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Great game by Jose, nice to see Hermy back. If the pitching can keep this up my stomach lining will greatly appreciate it. Despite the last two games I don't worry about the hitting as much.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that closed door meeting. :rolleyes:

GO SOX:bandance:

Beer Can Chicken
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Where are the 137 people that voted we wouldnt get into the playoffs? Come out, come out wherever you are.

IlliniSox4Life
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Jermaine's awesome catch! He laid out for that one, just one more reason he's the MVP!

Myrtle72
09-06-2006, 09:19 PM
That was really a great game. Whatever Ozzie said to them before the game really worked, I guess. I'm glad to see that they haven't comepletely lost it. :p

The only thing i don't get is... why is it that so many more people respond to the losing threads than the winning threads? About 15 minutes after last nights game the thread had at least twice as many responses...

Frankfan4life
09-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Yep. If the Sox can get 3/4 this weekend, the absolute worst case scenario is they will be only 1/2 game back of a playoff spot. But in that scenario, they'd also only be 1.5 back of the division lead. Bottom line is kick ass this weekend and we'll be in REALLY good shape with 3 weeks left.Whenever the Sox have a golden opportunity to gain some ground or pad their lead, they seem to find a way to screw it up. I'm going to be CAUTIOUSLY optimistic about the Cleveland series. If they take the series, great, if not, it won't surprise me.

NSSoxFan
09-06-2006, 09:22 PM
The only thing i don't get is... why is it that so many more people respond to the losing threads than the winning threads? About 15 minutes after last nights game the thread had at least twice as many responses...

The easiest thing to do in life is quit.

INSox56
09-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Where are the 137 people that voted we wouldnt get into the playoffs? Come out, come out wherever you are.

LOL it's a bit early to be attempting to rub anything in to anyone....that was ONE game...far as I remember we've got a few left, to either win OR lose

Kub_Killer_15
09-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Wow how come when we lose the thread is alot longer but we win and its alot shorter?

IlliniSox4Life

When you lose, there's more things to complain about than everyone agreeing and saying "oh yeah, good performance, they looked good". Plus, people like to vent their frustrations more then they like to just say "I'm happy". I don't really think it's that big of a deal, I think it's just people venting.

35th&Shields
Great game all-around and the Twins lose! Back to a half-game deficit in the WC.

And inch back closer to Detroit, who cut Dmitri Young on top of it. This season's roller coaster ride continues. Three great pitching performances in a row. If we keep that up we'll continue to climb.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
That was really a great game. Whatever Ozzie said to them before the game really worked, I guess. I'm glad to see that they haven't comepletely lost it. :p

People just love to bitch!!:rolleyes:

HotelWhiteSox
09-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Favorite part of this is how good Contreras was, big for him (especially against Boston) and the other pitchers seem to be progressing. Maybe getting colder helps, I don't know or care, just silence those opposing bats. Not worried about our offense, those freak silent games happen

Kind of expected this, maybe it's just a baseball thing in general, but it seems like the Sox over the past few years have been a hard team to sweep and come back strong after losses or earlier bad games. Hopefully, whether a team meeting, seeing a guy get his first career win and own you, or just realizing the situation, woke these guys up for good

voodoochile
09-06-2006, 09:25 PM
The Sox can only win when they score 5+ runs.

Contreras is toast, we should have dumped his sorry ass in June.

Being 1.5 games out of the WC and 5.5 games out of the division lead on September 5th means your season is over...

Come on you *******... Put up or shut up. God I hate the people who quit with 3.5 weeks of baseball left. Get the **** off my bandwagon you losers!

:):supernana:

Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
The sun shine in...

:)

Kub_Killer_15
09-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Myrtle72
That was really a great game. Whatever Ozzie said to them before the game (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/) really worked, I guess. I'm glad to see that they haven't comepletely lost it. :p

Oh sorry you beat me to it!

Beer Can Chicken
09-06-2006, 09:28 PM
LOL it's a bit early to be attempting to rub anything in to anyone....that was ONE game...far as I remember we've got a few left, to either win OR lose

I'm not trying to rub anything in. I just think tonight helps put our situation in perspective. We are NOT out of it and there are plenty of games to play. There is no use abandoning ship. We're in it to the end baby!

Greg1983
09-06-2006, 09:28 PM

I'm right here, one of 137. I'm obviously really happy about the game tonight, but I have a hard time getting myself all in a tizzy over one ballgame when the team has been underperforming for the better part of two months, and cannot for the love of all that is holy beat the Minnesota freakin-Twins. Until I see the Twinkies in our rearview mirror by 4 games before we head to Minneapolis for the final three, I'll be inclined to say we're staying home.

Now, before everybody starts flaming me, let me say that I had no intention of posting at all this evening, but I thought this post was a deliberate call-out. I don't intend to rain on anyone's parade tonight. I hope we all enjoy the win, and God Bless Us Every One. But since Beer Can Chicken asked, I answered. I'm not convinced yet that this team has pulled it together.

Some of us think we're making the big dance, some of us don't. In my mind, reasonable people can disagree and still be passionate Sox fans and behave amicably.

Okay, flame away, since I know candor and self-reflection don't play well with some folks around here. :smile:

1951Campbell
09-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey, welcome back Dustin, Good Pitching, and Offense!

MadetoOrta
09-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Count me in as one of the 137. I believe it's coming down to us having to win 2 of 3 in Minnesota; I don't like the prospect. 11-8 v. KC will haunt us all winter. That said, I hope I'm wrong and the Sox go on a 10 game winning streak.

voodoochile
09-06-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm right here, one of 137. I'm obviously really happy about the game tonight, but I have a hard time getting myself all in a tizzy over one ballgame when the team has been underperforming for the better part of two months, and cannot for the love of all that is holy beat the Minnesota freakin-Twins. Until I see the Twinkies in our rearview mirror by 4 games before we head to Minneapolis for the final three, I'll be inclined to say we're staying home.

Now, before everybody starts flaming me, let me say that I had no intention of posting at all this evening, but I thought this post was a deliberate call-out. I don't intend to rain on anyone's parade tonight. I hope we all enjoy the win, and God Bless Us Every One. But since Beer Can Chicken asked, I answered. I'm not convinced yet that this team has pulled it together.

Some of us think we're making the big dance, some of us don't. In my mind, reasonable people can disagree and still be passionate Sox fans and behave amicably.

Okay, flame away, since I know candor and self-reflection don't play well with some folks around here. :smile:

So why'd you quote his post and not mine? :tongue:

I got no problem with people questioning whether the Sox will make the playoffs, I just think it's WAY too early to be saying either is a sure thing.

Man if the Twinkies and Sox can sweep this weekend, the Sox will be within .5 of the WC and division title. This race is just getting interesting.

dcb56
09-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Great to see the Sox get one here at Fenway, especially after they let the first two games go in brutal fashion. As others have said, the most important thing is the Sox haven't been buried despite their mediocre play and if we take care of business against the Jndians and Minnesota shows up this weekend vs. Detroit then things will get pretty darn interesting. This race isn't over by a long shot, and with the way the starters have looked as of late, you gotta love our chances.

GO SOX!

kitekrazy
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Thank you White Sox for FINALLY putting together a game with good hitting and pitching. However, I can't get too excited about one win. It's nice to win but consistency is the key. The Sox will have to win series if they have any chance of making the playoffs.
With that said, welcome back Hermy!! What a great debut! :bandance:

Espeically when they score a lot of runs in one game.

BeviBall!
09-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Ah, a refreshing outcome. This was the most complete game we've seen in a long, long time.

sullythered
09-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Cannot express how much one guy pitching a scoreless ninth in an 8-1 ballgame has raised my spirirts.

Let's go get the Toons!

Beer Can Chicken
09-06-2006, 09:37 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not 100% sure we are making the playoffs. In fact, I'm scared to death we won't. The fact that we have been playing like garbage since that final Cubs game doesnt help any. But I still can't believe that a 1.5 (now .5) lead in the standings is insurmountable. I just think we are in a better situation than alot of people are letting on. We're better off than we think. That's all.

NoNeckEra
09-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Sox starting pitching success this series is huge.

The reason we didn't hit in games 1 & 2 is that we ran into good PITCHING, not necessarily good PITCHERS.

The reason we hit tonite is that we saw dreadful PITCHING.

So lay of the "Cy Young" talk when we don't hit. Every major league pitcher out there can have great stuff on any given night.

southside rocks
09-06-2006, 09:40 PM
:hawk

"I'm so happy!"

churlish
09-06-2006, 09:44 PM
People just love to bitch!!:rolleyes:

People would much rather complain than say something positive, so yes, people do just love to bitch. When the Sox win, there's nothing to complain about, so no arguing, so not as many posts. However, when the Sox lose, there's the pessimists and optimists in a fight to the death, so more posts.

voodoochile
09-06-2006, 09:46 PM
People would much rather complain than say something positive, so yes, people do just love to bitch. When the Sox win, there's nothing to complain about, so no arguing, so not as many posts. However, when the Sox lose, there's the pessimists and optimists in a fight to the death, so more posts.

Yeah and when the Sox win, the pessimists are too upset to post...:rolleyes:

kitekrazy
09-06-2006, 09:46 PM
I believe it's coming down to us having to win 2 of 3 in Minnesota; I don't like the prospect.

I hope not. Twins rarely lose at home and they seem to show up for big games against the Sox. I don't see the Sox having a chance if it comes down to that.
I'm sure the Twins don't want that either. That could mean using Santana instead of having him open for the 1st game of the playoffs.

FarWestChicago
09-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Yeah and when the Sox win, the pessimists are too upset to post...:rolleyes:Yep, but they make up the bull**** excuse that there is nothing to say after a victory. :D:

TornLabrum
09-06-2006, 09:49 PM

http://www.msstate.edu/Images/Film/OliverHardy.jpg

"I have nothing to say."

Brian26
09-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Cannot express how much one guy pitching a scoreless ninth in an 8-1 ballgame has raised my spirirts.

That was sort of surreal, wasn't it? A healthy Hermanson would be a great asset down the stretch.

jenn2080
09-06-2006, 09:57 PM
OH White Sox thats more like it. Im so happy! Hopefully they can get it going tomorrow too.

Martinigirl
09-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I am beginning to think that I shouldn't watch the games. When I watch, we lose, when I can't - like tonight - we win. But it was a wonderful feeling to check the score on my phone and see 7-1 in the 6th.

Now hopefully we can build on this and the Tigers and Twins can beat up on each other.

Random question: who votes on the Golden Gloves?

dcb56
09-06-2006, 10:02 PM
That was sort of surreal, wasn't it? A healthy Hermanson would be a great asset down the stretch.
Boy isn't that the truth? I started cheering like mad for the guy at the game tonight. Everyone around me thought I was nuts (a few of the great, front-running Boston fans even went so far as to say they thought he was a recent rookie call-up), but nevertheless an effective Hermanson gives the Sox just one more tool at their disposal down the final stretch and into the postseason.

BeviBall!
09-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Boy isn't that the truth? I started cheering like mad for the guy at the game tonight. Everyone around me thought I was nuts (a few of the great, front-running Boston fans even went so far as to say they thought he was a recent call-up), but nevertheless an effective Hermanson gives the Sox just one more tool at their disposal down the final stretch and into the postseason.

And he looked happy! God, I'm so glad for Herm... a lot of people thought he'd never throw another baseball again. If even to save MMac, Thornton and Jenks a few innings here and there, Dustin is a valuable addition. He's been there, done that.

1951Campbell
09-06-2006, 10:08 PM

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Chicago7/chi7conf.jpg
"The Chicago 137 will take the heat off of the Chicago 7."

0o0o0, 35th&Florida, 3Pete, Alan Aqua, alohafri, anewman35, BainesHOF, barryball, bayzbol44, Beautox, beebee richards, bifmccreary, BigPapaPump, billnahorodny, Blob, Fingernails on a blackboard5001, BRDSR, bryPt, Cat Thief, Chicken Dinner, Chipol, chisox83, chisoxBob62, ChiSoxJack, cnw8052, crash68, cws05champ, CWSpalehoseCWS, CYGarland20, DaleJRFan, Dan H, davenicholson, DC Sox Fan, DeuceUnit, Dick Allen, DirtySouthsider, dividedsk717, doh286, drewcifer, DrummerGeorgefan, DumpJerry, ElDuque26, EndemicSox, Erik The Red, fenway, FJA, FoulTerritory, Frank the Tank, Garland_IS_God, gbergman, GoSoxGo, Grobber33, hanger, HAR-OLD, HawkDJ, Hitmen77, I want Mags back, infohawk, jamesadam, jenn2080, joebro25, johnnyg83, johnr1note, JohnTucker0814, Juice16, KempersRS, kittle42, kravdog, Kuzman, Kwrubac, lakeviewsoxfan, Law11, Lip Man 1, LITTLE NELL, Lorenzo Barcelo, lpneck, lths06, lumpyspun, MadetoOrta, Madvora, Malgar 12, mccoydp, Mickster, MISoxfan, Mots09, mpshans, mrwag, MushMouth, MVP, mwc44, OH!foracold1, ondafarm, Other Mike, otis, pasquasroachclip, pczarapa, peelwonder, PINWHEELS, ramorgan1, Rdubb4, rightfieldwall, riograndevalle, Rockin Robin, Rounding_Third, rwcescato, Sad, Shift, Skarpachi, skottyj242, smalls17, southside rocks, sox1970, Sox35th, SOXandILLINI, soxfanaticpaulie, soxfanatlanta, SoxShirt, SoxxoS, SSN721, Steelrod, Suburbanbuddha, Tekijawa, The Immigrant, TheLittleBulldog, Tiger23, toledosoxfan, TommyJohn, tonyce, twsoxfan5, VenturaFan23, vernhillssoxfan, warehouse823, wassagstdu, wdelaney72, White City, whitesoxwilkes, Winning_Ugly, WinTwins

Hitmen77
09-06-2006, 10:11 PM

Anyone got a good beating a dead horse graphic?

dcb56
09-06-2006, 10:11 PM

0o0o0, 35th&Florida, 3Pete, Alan Aqua, alohafri, anewman35, BainesHOF, barryball, bayzbol44, Beautox, beebee richards, bifmccreary, BigPapaPump, billnahorodny, Blob, Fingernails on a blackboard5001, BRDSR, bryPt, Cat Thief, Chicken Dinner, Chipol, chisox83, chisoxBob62, ChiSoxJack, cnw8052, crash68, cws05champ, CWSpalehoseCWS, CYGarland20, DaleJRFan, Dan H, davenicholson, DC Sox Fan, DeuceUnit, Dick Allen, DirtySouthsider, dividedsk717, doh286, drewcifer, DrummerGeorgefan, DumpJerry, ElDuque26, EndemicSox, Erik The Red, fenway, FJA, FoulTerritory, Frank the Tank, Garland_IS_God, gbergman, GoSoxGo, Grobber33, hanger, HAR-OLD, HawkDJ, Hitmen77, I want Mags back, infohawk, jamesadam, jenn2080, joebro25, johnnyg83, johnr1note, JohnTucker0814, Juice16, KempersRS, kittle42, kravdog, Kuzman, Kwrubac, lakeviewsoxfan, Law11, Lip Man 1, LITTLE NELL, Lorenzo Barcelo, lpneck, lths06, lumpyspun, MadetoOrta, Madvora, Malgar 12, mccoydp, Mickster, MISoxfan, Mots09, mpshans, mrwag, MushMouth, MVP, mwc44, OH!foracold1, ondafarm, Other Mike, otis, pasquasroachclip, pczarapa, peelwonder, PINWHEELS, ramorgan1, Rdubb4, rightfieldwall, riograndevalle, Rockin Robin, Rounding_Third, rwcescato, Sad, Shift, Skarpachi, skottyj242, smalls17, southside rocks, sox1970, Sox35th, SOXandILLINI, soxfanaticpaulie, soxfanatlanta, SoxShirt, SoxxoS, SSN721, Steelrod, Suburbanbuddha, Tekijawa, The Immigrant, TheLittleBulldog, Tiger23, toledosoxfan, TommyJohn, tonyce, twsoxfan5, VenturaFan23, vernhillssoxfan, warehouse823, wassagstdu, wdelaney72, White City, whitesoxwilkes, Winning_Ugly, WinTwins

WinTwins and Tiger23 made the list? What a surprise!!!:redneck

1951Campbell
09-06-2006, 10:14 PM
WinTwins and Tiger23 made the list? What a surprise!!!:redneck

*cough* Grobber, too *cough*

:wink:

monkeypants
09-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Was it just my ears or did Doctor Hawk say the problem with Hermanson was that he had a "floating spine"?

:hawk
"Back in my rookie year with KC we had a pitcher named Bill Fischer that had a case of bonus eruptus. That's when the skeleton tries to escape through the mouth from the body. He was never the same after that happened. Dad gum shame about ol' Billy."

Vernam
09-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks to Jose for chasing away the Bizarro world Sox fans, at least for now: "Me hate White Sox. Me am going to root for them to lose rest of year!" :nuts:

If the starters hold together like this, we'll be good to go -- I believe they've got one big push left in them. I even loved seeing Dustin out there, not that I think counting on him would be anything but a REALLY bad sign.

Vernam

Hitmen77
09-06-2006, 10:18 PM

Yes, all 137 of us voted that the Sox wouldn't win a single game for the rest of the year. :rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2006, 10:45 PM
JD = MVP! :D:

Jose has just about dominated Boston since coming here. Eat that, Steinbrenner!

It's about time; however, I'm not happy with the 4-5 record in these past 9 games!

hi im skot
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
This thread needs more posts.

A. Cavatica
09-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Woo hoo, we won :bandance:

How about this: congratulations to Josh Stewart on his major league debut?

JB98
09-06-2006, 10:52 PM

I'm pretty busy at work tonight, but I'll add another quick post just to make you feel better. :D:

Contreras is hurt. He should be replaced by McCarthy. Thome is destroying the mindset of the team with his all-or-nothing approach. I'm giving up on the season. There's no way in hell this team makes the playoffs.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2006, 11:01 PM

That's because there aren't any rain drops or dark clouds tonight. When it rains, it pours.

JB98
09-06-2006, 11:06 PM

Josh Stewart? Wasn't he the soft-tossing Sox left-hander who had a line drive hit back off him a few years ago? He never really recovered from that.

Our third catcher is actually Chris Stewart, right?

BA: The Hitman
09-06-2006, 11:07 PM
I am shocked by the lack of posts after a solid victory tonight where the offense looked great and contreras looked like contreras.....it makes me wonder if people actually enjoy seeing the white sox lose.

But, this is great to see and hopefully they can build up some momentum into this series with cleveland.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2006, 11:08 PM
it makes me wonder if people actually enjoy seeing the white sox lose.

:o:

None of us do...There's just more to bitch about.

FielderJones
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Come on you *******... Put up or shut up. God I hate the people who quit with 3.5 weeks of baseball left. Get the **** off my bandwagon you losers!

The one thing that has sustained me while reading the big steaming piles of dog **** in the loss postgame threads has been the chance, just the chance, of the Sox getting it together and pulling a playoff appearance out of this season. Because if that day comes, the minute that final out is made is the minute that ol' Fielder Jones starts his Thread Of Reckoning™. Quotes will be made, links will be posted, and this tag
:dumbass:will get used a lot. Anyone who has ever been called a pollyanna will be invited to add to the call-out fest and post their own links. Pants-pissers and dark clouds will post their lame-ass excuses and try to claim loyalty, but their lameness will be linked for all to see. Oh yes, that day may yet come.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZDmlDnBBmFMqJM:http://www.trashcity.org/BLITZ/BLIT1069B.JPG
"Revenge is a dish best served cold!"

TheOldRoman
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Unfortunately I missed the game, but the results were very good. Hopefully this will springboard the Sox. They should have won all three of these games, but that is in the past. It is very encouraging that we got three straight great starts. If our hitting can pick it up, we will have a shot at this down the stretch.

lumpyspun
09-06-2006, 11:15 PM
I think I have experienced Nirvana in the last few weeks. I don't get angry or overly happy anymore watching Sox games. I just daze at the tv and watch what is going on. It's really odd b/c I used to throw things, jump up and down, and yell as recent as a few months ago. I think I am worn out over the last 2 years of ups and downs. Hopefully I will regain my vigor as the Sox gain their's in the last few games...

MeteorsSox4367
09-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Dye and Thome hit bombs, Dye 'cough' MVP 'cough' makes an amazing catch, Contreras kicks ass and Hermanson pitches like last year. The only bad thing was on Baseball Tonight when they showed Lowell's catch and mentioned it's either him or Chavez for the Gold Glove.

I know I should know better from the Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network, but WHAT ABOUT CREDE?!?!

I wonder how many F-bombs Ozzie dropped during the closed-door meeting. Setting the over-under at 1,000.

Chips
09-06-2006, 11:22 PM
JD = MVP! :D:

Without a doubt.

JB98
09-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Unfortunately I missed the game, but the results were very good. Hopefully this will springboard the Sox. They should have won all three of these games, but that is in the past. It is very encouraging that we got three straight great starts. If our hitting can pick it up, we will have a shot at this down the stretch.

You should miss every game. They play better without you.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Sox Won!

my 2 cents

ilsox7
09-06-2006, 11:28 PM
We're about to go on a good run of mythical proportions. Book it. :cool:

As bad as we've played, we are still right in the middle of both the wild card and divisional race. This is fun, folks! Enjoy it! Go out to the park on these crisp September evenings, watch a ****ing Pennant Race in the greatest city on earth, and cheer on the Sox.

JB98
09-06-2006, 11:32 PM
:o:

None of us do...There's just more to bitch about.

After losses, people make outrageous, idiotic comments, scapegoating various uniformed personnel. Others respond to tell them how idiotic they are, and that drives up the post count. I think even the sane people have more posts after losses than after wins.

lumpyspun
09-06-2006, 11:33 PM
The only bad thing was on Baseball Tonight when they showed Lowell's catch and mentioned it's either him or Chavez for the Gold Glove.

I know I should know better from the Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network, but WHAT ABOUT CREDE?!?!

That is b/c those assbags are just repeating what Jerry Remy said during the NESN broadcast after that catch. That is word for word what he said, "this race will come down to Lowell or Chavez."

JB98
09-06-2006, 11:34 PM
We're about to go on a good run of mythical proportions. Book it. :cool:

As bad as we've played, we are still right in the middle of both the wild card and divisional race. This is fun, folks! Enjoy it! Go out to the park on these crisp September evenings, watch a ****ing Pennant Race in the greatest city on earth, and cheer on the Sox.

I'll be there Sunday, hoping to continue jinxing Sabathia. I've seen his fat ass pitch in person twice this year, and he's yet to get a win. Two no-decisions for CC, and two wins for the Sox. I plan on making it three.

:supernana:

JB98
09-06-2006, 11:35 PM
That is b/c those assbags are just repeating what Jerry Remy said during the NESN broadcast after that catch. That is word for word what he said, "this race will come down to Lowell or Chavez."

Unfortunately, Remy is right. That isn't the way it should be, but that's the way it is.

Kub_Killer_15
09-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by hi im skot

Sox Win!!!! Sox Win!!!! Sox Win!!!! Sox Win!!!!
Twins Lose!! Twins Lose!! Twins Lose!! Twins Lose!!
Tigers Lose!! Tigers Lose!! Tigers Lose!! Tigers Lose!!

.5 game out of the wild card

3 games left with the Twins
3 games left with the Tigers
7 games left with Indians
10 games left with the West
23 games left lets get going guys.

ilsox7
09-06-2006, 11:37 PM
I'll be there Sunday, hoping to continue jinxing Sabathia. I've seen his fat ass pitch in person twice this year, and he's yet to get a win. Two no-decisions for CC, and two wins for the Sox. I plan on making it three.

:supernana:

I'm there tomorrow and Sunday for this series. And then 3 more games after that. I cannot wait.

Martinigirl
09-06-2006, 11:41 PM
The only bad thing was on Baseball Tonight when they showed Lowell's catch and mentioned it's either him or Chavez for the Gold Glove.

That is why I asked who voted on the Golden Gloves.

And did you happen to see "The Hot Seat" segment on Sportscenter? They were asking one of the ESPN Mag baseball experts who he thought would win MVP. He chose Dye. Well the announcer (Brian something) started yelping that it should be Hafner. They were going back and forth when I remembered this Brian person is the same ass I saw on ESPN News, interviewing Paulie, and making comments like "Dye is finally coming around after years of disappointing performances" and ignoring when Paulie pointed out that JD was the World Series MVP. I can't quite figure out why this guy hates JD so much, but he acts like JD ran over his puppy. He was just a total moron.

ilsox7
09-06-2006, 11:43 PM

And did you happen to see "The Hot Seat" segment on Sportscenter? They were asking one of the ESPN Mag baseball experts who he thought would win MVP. He chose Dye. Well the announcer (Brian something) started bitching that it should be Hafner. They were going back and forth when I remembered this Brian person is the same ass I saw on ESPN News, interviewing Paulie, and making comments like "Dye is finally coming around after years of disappointing performances" and ignoring when Paulie pointed out that JD was the World Series MVP. I can't quite figure out why this guy hates JD so much, but he acts like JD ran over his puppy. He was just a total moron.
JD isn't flashy. ESPN is only flashy. Hence they mix like oil and water.

A. Cavatica
09-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Josh Stewart? Wasn't he the soft-tossing Sox left-hander who had a line drive hit back off him a few years ago? He never really recovered from that.

Our third catcher is actually Chris Stewart, right?

I knew that. :redface:

ShoelessJoeS
09-06-2006, 11:47 PM

And did you happen to see "The Hot Seat" segment on Sportscenter? They were asking one of the ESPN Mag baseball experts who he thought would win MVP. He chose Dye. Well the announcer (Brian something) started yelping that it should be Hafner. They were going back and forth when I remembered this Brian person is the same ass I saw on ESPN News, interviewing Paulie, and making comments like "Dye is finally coming around after years of disappointing performances" and ignoring when Paulie pointed out that JD was the World Series MVP. I can't quite figure out why this guy hates JD so much, but he acts like JD ran over his puppy. He was just a total moron.What's ESPN?

I'm glad to see that more people seem to be hopping on the Dye "bandwagon," but the other guy is an obvious clown. Hafner? Add me to the list of people who think DHs shouldn't be considered MVPs....unless they do something incredible like .300/60/160

Chips
09-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Our starting pitching ****ing rocked this series. :bandance:

Nellie_Fox
09-07-2006, 12:09 AM
That is why I asked who voted on the Golden Gloves.Golden Gloves are for amateur boxing; baseball gives Gold Gloves.

I haven't posted on a post-game thread for weeks, either win or lose, because I'm just trying to maintain a peaceful mellow and accept whatever comes our way during the next few weeks. I did the bi-polar thing last year.

However, the nightly sniping about post counts is about as productive (and motivated by the same attitude) as attendance posts. All it's about is saying "I'm a better fan than others because I'm here on the nights the Sox win and they aren't."

If you are so obsessed with this issue, try counting posters instead of posts. I believe a previous statement may be correct: instead of each poster making one post about how happy they are for the win, on the night of losses each poster makes several posts, sniping back and forth between the "dark clouds" and the "Pollyannas."

Chips
09-07-2006, 12:14 AM
If you are so obsessed with this issue, try counting posters instead of posts. I believe a previous statement may be correct: instead of each poster making one post about how happy they are for the win, on the night of losses each poster makes several posts, sniping back and forth between the "dark clouds" and the "Pollyannas."

I started noticing this the last few weeks. After a loss, a poster will make a plethora of posts in the thread; after a game like tonights, a poster will only have one or two comments. How many times can one say "Hey, good game?"

Martinigirl
09-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Golden Gloves are for amateur boxing; baseball gives Gold Gloves.

I bad. Now can you answer the question? Who votes for GOLD Gloves?

Nellie_Fox
09-07-2006, 12:26 AM
I bad. Now can you answer the question? Who votes for GOLD Gloves?Managers and coaches.

Link (http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/ballplayers/G/Gold_Glove_Award.stm)

markopat
09-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Still Believin' in AZ baby! Still Believin!!

Go Go SOX!

batmanZoSo
09-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Are we still talking about the post count thing after wins and losses? :rolleyes:

This is my first post in this thread and I don't care what anyone thinks about that. We won, I'm happy. I don't feel there's much to say. Tough losses will always outpost winning threads. It's the nature of the beast, deal with it.

Great game anyway. :smile:

JB98
09-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Are we still talking about the post count thing after wins and losses? :rolleyes:

This is my first post in this thread and I don't care what anyone thinks about that. We won, I'm happy. I don't feel there's much to say. Tough losses will always outpost winning threads. It's the nature of the beast, deal with it.

Great game anyway. :smile:

But if we talk more about the post counts, it will drive up the post count for this thread, which is an optimistic thread about a White Sox winner.

Chips
09-07-2006, 12:38 AM
But if we talk more about the post counts, it will drive up the post count for this thread, which is an optimistic thread about a White Sox winner.

Is that what we're doing?

Congrats to Dye and his 40th jack.

batmanZoSo
09-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Our starting pitching ****ing rocked this series. :bandance:
It sure did. We lost the series, but damn it if that isn't a good feeling to sleep on. Please continue. :praying:

RadioheadRocks
09-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Took a little while to find it, but (in addition to Jose's great pitching performance and the offense waking up big-time) I think this says it all:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/15/medium/hermanson.jpg (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=694&size=big&cat=)

BadBobbyJenks
09-07-2006, 12:59 AM
I took a night off of the kool aid, but I am back on the good stuff, we are repeating.

I feel a run coming, led by gasp our starting pitching

Soxworldchamps
09-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before-- but for anyone who was watching ESPN (or maybe they showed it on CSN, I don't know) did you crack up as much as I did when that guy fell out of the stands trying to get that ground ball? That was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

Oh yeah- I guess the White Sox did okay too. :D:

The Immigrant
09-07-2006, 07:11 AM

Meh...people like to vent. It's human nature. Dark clouds need loving too.

HerzogVon
09-07-2006, 07:13 AM

Here I am. I also annually predict that the Cubs will win the pennant. So far, it's worked every year.

You may thank me later... :tongue:

slobes
09-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Great game all around. Glad to see Jose step it up, and also JD. We need to keep this starting pitching going against Cleveland. Our bats will eventually come around for good, and if we keep pitching like this, we got a great chance of making the playoffs.

palehozenychicty
09-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Not much new to add here, other than I liked what I saw. Let's keep itup, facing the Toons later today. And oz, how bout a sweeney-anderson-dye outfield?

HerzogVon
09-07-2006, 07:40 AM

So, make that 138.

Dustin Hoffman, love spawn of Abbie & Judge Julius.

harwar
09-07-2006, 07:42 AM
I can't find enough good things to say about last nights' game.
Jose found his out pitch and seemed really intense,line drives were falling in instead of being caught,Thome,Konerko,& Dye ..OH MY,defense looked great,Hermie is back,and looked GOOD,tigers lose .. twins lose.
Now we are at home and kick the living **** out of the indians!

MsSoxVixen22
09-07-2006, 08:16 AM
What a surprise when I got in the car after I went to the gym and I find out the Sox are winning! :D: Whatever Ozzie said before the game must have motivated those guys! JC-keep up the good work!! Garland and Contreras are on point, let's hope the rest of the pitchers follow suit. Thome had himself a nite! Way to go JD, on #40!! I see MVP in his future! Hermie pitched well. It's good to have him back! I'm sure we'll see the vein popping out of his forehead soon! :tongue: Let's keep it going boys against the Toons!

CaptainBallz
09-07-2006, 09:30 AM
I haven't read the entire thread because I can't stand all that pollyanna bull**** but, I did hold off on listenting to the game on the radio for a while. I reluctantly tuned in during the four run second then turned it off because i wanted to be surprised when I got home. I couldn't bear to listen to Jose give all those runs back. Needless to say, I was more than pleased to see the Sox up 8-1 and then to see DUSTIN ****ING HERMANSON come out and 1-2-3 the 9th.

I'll echo that the starting pitching was unreal this series. Too bad the "O" fell asleep for the first two games.

Guys, it's on...Let's tear this race up NOW...

Jurr
09-07-2006, 09:46 AM
It was nice seeing another face from the 2005 season return.

It was also nice to see the offense from 2005 return.
There were homers, but there was also a lot of reduced swings and team ball. This is what I'm talking about!!!

If we can get everyone falling in line like this, then it's going to get NASTY for our rivals down the stretch.

Rockin Robin
09-07-2006, 09:50 AM
MUCH better effort last night...despite the voice in the back of my head telling me not to go, i got a cheap ticket off a street guy and got there in the 2nd, just in time for Jimmy to go deep :D:

alohafri
09-07-2006, 09:55 AM
I guess this game was alright.
:bandance:

Twenty three more days like yesterday, and I will come off of the ledge.

viagracat
09-07-2006, 10:09 AM
SO nice to see the starting pitching coming around...three nice outings in a row. I hope Buehrle and especially Freddy were taking notes.

Bring on the Indians!

mccoydp
09-07-2006, 10:29 AM
What is this, ****ing middle school?

That ****ing poll doesn't mean **** anyway. Not one ****ing poster on this site has any influence whether or not the Sox make the playoffs or not...and it's asinine to think we do.

The whole thing is out of our hands.

That's why polls, Joe McCarthy-type posts & "don't cut-and-run" attitudes are pointless.

I'm one of the 137+. Sue me.

I may change my mind today, this weekend, or next week.

BTW, much needed win last night, even though I didn't get to watch it.

southside rocks
09-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Uh-oh, I'm one of the 137+ also. Is it time for me to go to the mattresses? :anon:

I'd vote differently in the same poll if I voted today, and the reason is what I put in my post in that thread:

"The team that has been playing the Red Sox the past two days will not make the playoffs. If the real Sox return then yes, they will take the wild card."

Based on last night's game, I think that the real Sox have returned. I even think they will stick around for the rest of the season! I have faith in Ozzie and in his boys, but I have never thought, this year, that the post-season is a sure thing for the White Sox.

Madvora
09-07-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm also a "No" voter, but I can't say I've changed my stance just yet.
The Sox are still playing 3 in the Metrodome to end the season. I'm predicting they will get swept (and that's being realistic not negative,) but let's hope those games are meaningless by then.

Having Detoit and Minnesota square off right now is a huge positive. The Sox just need to win 4 in a row here and really make a move.

JB98
09-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Uh-oh, I'm one of the 137+ also. Is it time for me to go to the mattresses? :anon:

I'd vote differently in the same poll if I voted today, and the reason is what I put in my post in that thread:

"The team that has been playing the Red Sox the past two days will not make the playoffs. If the real Sox return then yes, they will take the wild card."

Based on last night's game, I think that the real Sox have returned. I even think they will stick around for the rest of the season! I have faith in Ozzie and in his boys, but I have never thought, this year, that the post-season is a sure thing for the White Sox.

If the Sox lose tonight, you'll be back on the we-won't-make-the-playoffs bandwagon. Windsock. :rolleyes:

southside rocks
09-07-2006, 12:18 PM
If the Sox lose tonight, you'll be back on the we-won't-make-the-playoffs bandwagon. Windsock. :rolleyes:

Now now, no namecalling. :cool:

It depends on how they lose. If they play hard and get beat, then no, I won't feel like they don't have a chance. If they play like zombies, then yes, I will get depressed again at seeing that -- and I will be at the game, so I hope I don't see that!

There seem to be two different Sox teams this year, as even the players have admitted; so why shouldn't fans have two different views of their likely chances?

I've been a fan since 1967. I don't do bandwagons.

Greg1983
09-08-2006, 06:22 PM

Is that *really* what you think voodoochile? That I want the Sox to lose just so I can be right? I'm not sure how you meant that comment, but that could be HUGELY insulting.

I'd give large chunks of my life expectancy and my anatomy for this team to prove me wrong. I'd eat the most foul crow you could find. I'd gladly be the laughingstock of WSI. Because the joy of watching the team win would completely overwhelm it. I've never wanted to be wrong more in my entire life.

Try this for an alternative scenario. You see the Sox crap out, and you're miserable and heartbroken. You want to blow off some steam and find some folks with whom to commiserate.

And instead, some jerk flames you and insults your intelligence and masculinity and allegiance to the team. That would tend to make you somewhat disinclined to post again for a while, no? Even if the team puts together a win the next night?

I wish folks around here could respect the fact that we all rely on different coping mechanisms. But after a few bursts of invective and malice, I know that's unlikely.

Sorry to bother you. I shan't post again for a while, I'm sure. I just couldn't resist seeing if I got flamed after last night. Thanks to all for being respectful.

Go Sox...at least Buerhle has a some days to figure out what the hell happened against the Tribe Thursday night.