PDA

View Full Version : Crede getting shafted


RedPinStripes
02-26-2002, 07:20 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox26.html

This guy has to be on the trading block, or they really like Clayton. I know it's not JR's style, but they have to dump Calyton and eat the salary. They can't trade the guy. Just let him go. They're going to let him go after the season anyway. This was a championship team with Valentine at SS. Crede has done his time in the minors. This is starting to make me sick!

RedPinStripes
02-26-2002, 07:22 AM
:crede
"Maybe I should start lying about my age soon?"

Iguana775
02-26-2002, 09:35 AM
:crede

"Who do I have to take hostage to get some play time around here??!!"

RedPinStripes
02-26-2002, 10:00 AM
LOL! It might happen. He could go postal if this keeps up. The quiet ones are always dangerous.

fogie
02-26-2002, 10:18 AM
Joe is a good kid and has served his time in the minor leagues, I think he is ready for the big's. we would be better off with Jose at SS and Joe at third, I don"t know what they are going to do with Royce, but it should be done now, so we can get this team"s, line up set. I guess I'm just dreaming.

Fogie

RichH55
02-26-2002, 11:05 AM
2002 needs to be the year that we see if Joe is a major leaguer or not....with the influx of potential rookies in 2003 and the shot at contending....2002 works so much better to see if the kid can play...and then you know what you have going into 2003 whether you are set at 3B or if its a need

RedPinStripes
02-26-2002, 12:10 PM
2003 could be a mess with all the rookies around and no expierience.



:reinsy
"Cuttin payroll baby! I love the kids."

Clarkdog
02-26-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by fogie
Joe is a good kid and has served his time in the minor leagues, I think he is ready for the big's. we would be better off with Jose at SS and Joe at third, I don"t know what they are going to do with Royce, but it should be done now, so we can get this team"s, line up set. I guess I'm just dreaming.

Fogie

Totally agree. Bench or dump Clayton, and play the kid. If you wait any longer to find out if he's any good, it may be too late.

duke of dorwood
02-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Our manager just doesn't like any change. Even if the choice really stinks it up in ST, Joe wont get an early chance. Yeah, Joe is a quiet guy and they are counting on that. He may need to bust a water cooler or something, to get noticed.

:crede

Get you some coffee sir?

:jerry

NO-it keeps me awake during games.

RichH55
02-26-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog


Totally agree. Bench or dump Clayton, and play the kid. If you wait any longer to find out if he's any good, it may be too late.



I swear this is not another screen name for me!

RichH55
02-26-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Our manager just doesn't like any change. Even if the choice really stinks it up in ST, Joe wont get an early chance. Yeah, Joe is a quiet guy and they are counting on that. He may need to bust a water cooler or something, to get noticed.




Wasn't Jerry routinely critized for his infactuation with change last year with the multiple lineups and Jose everywhere you looked? Also didn't Ramirez(not the hottest of prospects) win himself a job in Camp? I think Joe will get a shot(hoping he gets the benefit of the doubt), but I guess we will both see firsthand

RichH55
02-26-2002, 02:04 PM
On Crede I'm curious on some things....The team doesn't appear that high on him, but the hype on Willie Harris has really started to kick in...So could we see Hummel taking starts at 3B in Triple-A? If that happens IMO it is the final sign that Crede isn't in the White Sox plans

hold2dibber
02-26-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox26.html

This guy has to be on the trading block, or they really like Clayton. I know it's not JR's style, but they have to dump Calyton and eat the salary. They can't trade the guy. Just let him go. They're going to let him go after the season anyway. This was a championship team with Valentine at SS. Crede has done his time in the minors. This is starting to make me sick!

I wouldn't dump him at this point. If a starting shortstop elsewhere in MLB gets injured in ST, particularly for a contender, than Clayton becomes infintitely more tradeable. Plus, he's needed insurance in case Crede crashes and burns (I mean, if you dump Clayton and Crede sucks, what the hell do you do then?) The best case, in my opinion, would be to just sit Clayton and start Crede and Manos. Have Manual, or KW, or even JR himself, sit Clayton down and tell him here's what we're doing, here's why we're doing it, and you're going to take it like a man and be a team player, period.

bjmarte
02-26-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber


I wouldn't dump him at this point. If a starting shortstop elsewhere in MLB gets injured in ST, particularly for a contender, than Clayton becomes infintitely more tradeable. Plus, he's needed insurance in case Crede crashes and burns (I mean, if you dump Clayton and Crede sucks, what the hell do you do then?) The best case, in my opinion, would be to just sit Clayton and start Crede and Manos. Have Manual, or KW, or even JR himself, sit Clayton down and tell him here's what we're doing, here's why we're doing it, and you're going to take it like a man and be a team player, period.

Not that anyone would accuse me of being a Choice supporter but I've been thinking. Doesn't Choice lose trade value if you bench him in favor of a rookie. I mean, if your goal is to trade him don't you need to play him.

RichH55
02-26-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte


Not that anyone would accuse me of being a Choice supporter but I've been thinking. Doesn't Choice lose trade value if you bench him in favor of a rookie. I mean, if your goal is to trade him don't you need to play him.


Royce is in the last year of his deal(thank god), but we "showcased" him last year to no avail............We can't deal him and wasting playing time on him simply to try and move him at the deadline is ass backwards.....The choice will only have trade value once the alternatives(read:Sanchez and the like) are off the market and a team finds itself with an unexpected injury or unexpected suckage(technical term)....Dodgers still have to be an option

foulkesfan11
02-26-2002, 10:25 PM
I love Crede, but unfortunately, Manuel & KW will let him stay on the farm another year unless someone gets hurt. Maybe because he spoke up finally it will help!

RichH55
02-27-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I love Crede, but unfortunately, Manuel & KW will let him stay on the farm another year unless someone gets hurt. Maybe because he spoke up finally it will help!


Don't rule out Hummel there either....the Willie Harris hype hasn't even begun to take off yet

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by RichH55



Don't rule out Hummel there either....the Willie Harris hype hasn't even begun to take off yet

We better not hear all the crap about an unproven prospect and he's forced on us like Ramierez again. I just have a bad feeling about this.

Clarkdog
02-27-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by RichH55




I swear this is not another screen name for me!

Great minds think alike.