PDA

View Full Version : Poll to end all: Sox in playoffs Yes or No?

chisoxmike
09-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Alright, right here, right now....

Go with your gut. No "ask me next week" replies, right now... Do YOU think our Chicago White Sox will make the postseason in 2006?

BiggestFan14
09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Of course I do. I am 98.7% sure they will make it. :P

sox1970
09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Remember they are 23-30 over the last 53 games.

Umm.....I'm going to go with No.

LuvSox
09-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm all in. Let's take this thing!

JB98
09-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Yes, we're going to make the playoffs.

DaleJRFan
09-05-2006, 10:06 PM
As much as I want to lie to myself, the team gives me absolutely no reason to vote Yes. I hope to God that they prove me wrong.

Brian26
09-05-2006, 10:10 PM
As much as I want to lie to myself, the team gives me absolutely no reason to vote Yes. I hope to God that they prove me wrong.

They're only 1.5 games out of the playoffs. That's not reason enough? All they have to do is have one more win than the Twins.

Fake Chet Lemon
09-05-2006, 10:11 PM
I can't believe I voted yes, but I'm going to look at the performances of the starters as of late as a positive. And how in the Hell can the Twins hold us off with ONE starter???????? Really?????!!!!

Chips
09-05-2006, 10:12 PM
As you can see, I voted yes.

chisoxfanatic
09-05-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm still going with the mindset that they'll be in it.

TheLittleBulldog
09-05-2006, 10:16 PM
No way. With Liriano coming back and Jenks' and Dye's health up for grabs. A team full of pull-happy hitters and 5.00 eras have no ****ing chance. Remember 2005 fondly, because years like that come once a century.

DaleJRFan
09-05-2006, 10:21 PM
They're only 1.5 games out of the playoffs. That's not reason enough? All they have to do is have one more win than the Twins.

I know, I know... paint me a dark cloud, I can take it!! :o: :cool:

1.5 games means NOTHING to me at this point. With the way they are playing, they'll be 5 games out by the time we head into MN to close the season. But, dammit, I'm yelling and rooting and hollaring for them with every pitch and at-bat... I just don't think they "have it in them" and with all the bonehead moves Ozzie has been making, I just can't say with confidence that they'll be playing meaningful games this October.

MrX
09-05-2006, 10:23 PM
No way. With Liriano coming back and Jenks' and Dye's health up for grabs. A team full of pull-happy hitters and 5.00 eras have no ****ing chance. Remember 2005 fondly, because years like that come once a century.
Shocking!

Chicken Dinner
09-05-2006, 10:26 PM
If you were flying along and your in a twin engine plane. one engine is on fire and PK is flying, are you scared...........hell yes!

chisoxmike
09-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I see the Tigers troll chimed in.

:rolleyes:

:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

slobes
09-05-2006, 10:30 PM
I still believe. Sox win Wild Card.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-05-2006, 10:31 PM

Yeah, a simple "no" would have sufficed.

CLR01
I'm shocked that Lip voted no. :rolleyes:

Well atleast the quitters came forward. Please exit through the back so no one sees you.

gbergman
No, when ever are pitching is good our offense is bad, and vice versa.

This team is a mold of 2000-2004

Score 15 runs one game score 4 over the rest of the series

I really hope I am wrong but this team is showing me nothing. We haven't done squat since interleague ended.

thomas35forever
09-05-2006, 10:34 PM
I have to vote yes.

DaleJRFan
09-05-2006, 10:35 PM

Well atleast the quitters came forward. Please exit through the back so know one sees you.

Where is the back of WSI?? Shouldn't that be firewalled?? :D:

0o0o0
09-05-2006, 10:36 PM

Well atleast the quitters came forward. Please exit through the back so know one sees you.

:?: Isn't it what you think is gonna happen, not what you hope will happen?

samram
09-05-2006, 10:36 PM
They'll make it, but I suggest they do it before that 3 game set in the Dome to end the season.

chisoxmike
09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
They'll make it, but I suggest they do it before that 3 game set in the Dome to end the season.

Thats the thing. If the Sox have to go into the garbage dome needing to take 2 of 3 or sweep, its going to be a major challenge.

CLR01
09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
:?: Isn't it what you think is gonna happen, not what you hope will happen?

Whats the difference? I hope they make the playoffs and I am going to continue to think they can do it until they are officially eliminated.

cheeses_h_rice
09-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Sorry, I vote C) Who the **** knows?

Is this team capable of turning it around enough to beat the Twins? Sure.

Do I see anything in their current play that indicates they will do so? No.

Do I still have faith? Yes, but I would like to see them snap out of this offensive malaise, like, tomorrow.

QCIASOXFAN
09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
I had to vote yes. I side with some of the other skeptical posters who have seen noting to indicate this though.

0o0o0
09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Whats the difference? I hope they make the playoffs and I am going to continue to think they can do it until they are officially eliminated.

I hope I win the lotto, but I don't think I will. :cool:

Lip Man 1
09-05-2006, 10:47 PM
CLR01:

Sorry I disappointed you. The question was asked. I answered. If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question.

I didn't realize this site (a site which I've devoted a large number of hours helping out) required me to 'group-think' and that if I didn't I'm not a 'true fan.'

So be it.

If they make it I'll eat crow, if they don't I won't say a friggin' word.

Don't worry CLR I'm not Hangar 18.

Lip

Chicken Dinner
09-05-2006, 10:52 PM
No matter how much we want them to win, They have to do it, and they're not.

Myrtle72
09-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I vote yes, can't possibly say no to something like that.

hi im skot
09-05-2006, 10:57 PM
If you were flying along and your in a twin engine plane. one engine is on fire and PK is flying, are you scared...........hell yes!

Paul Konerko could give Sam Jackson a run for his money (please, I'm begging for a photohop job, here...).

http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/images/2005/10/24/xmqka3Th.jpg
"I want these mother****ing Twins outta the mother****ing race!"

kevingrt
09-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Nice to see optimism still reigns here at WSI

TheLittleBulldog
09-05-2006, 11:43 PM

:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

You know, you post a question and I gave an answer accompanied with why I felt the way I felt. You had to have known that someone would have answered "no". Which makes me think the only reason you asked the question is so you could pounce on the first person who said "no".

rwcescato
09-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Alright, right here, right now....

Go with your gut. No "ask me next week" replies, right now... Do YOU think our Chicago White Sox will make the postseason in 2006?

they cannot even beatthe scrubs right now:angry:

chisoxmike
09-05-2006, 11:47 PM
You know, you post a question and I gave an answer accompanied with why I felt the way I felt. You had to have known that someone would have answered "no". Which makes me think the only reason you asked the question is so you could pounce on the first person who said "no".

No, I wanted SOX fans to answer the question, of course Tigers fans are going to come in here and say "Sox suck," "Sox arn't making the playoffs"

I'll tell you something. I went to Detroit a few weeks ago and some Tiger fan yelled at us "Tigers and Twins, as long as the Sox don't make it everythings ok." If I were the Tigers, I wouldn't want ANY other AL Central team making it.

If SOX fans don't think the team will make the playoffs, thats fine with me, the way they are playing right now makes it hard for me to even put the "yes" down. The last thing I wanted was Tigers fans coming on here and stuffing the vote like the one did. I wasn't even refering to you. So calm down.

Gavin
09-05-2006, 11:52 PM
The next time I go to vote on something that is hotly contested I'm going to ask everyone to please shout out their name as well as their vote as they drop their ballot in the box.

TheLittleBulldog
09-05-2006, 11:58 PM
No, I wanted SOX fans to answer the question, of course Tigers fans are going to come in here and say "Sox suck," "Sox arn't making the playoffs"

I'll tell you something. I went to Detroit a few weeks ago and some Tiger fan yelled at us "Tigers and Twins, as long as the Sox don't make it everythings ok." If I were the Tigers, I wouldn't want ANY other AL Central team making it.

If SOX fans don't think the team will make the playoffs, thats fine with me, the way they are playing right now makes it hard for me to even put the "yes" down. The last thing I wanted was Tigers fans coming on here and stuffing the vote like the one did. I wasn't even refering to you. So calm down.

Sorry, maybe I'm a little too defensive.

MrRoboto83
09-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm on board, this team is playoff bound!

chisoxmike
09-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm a little too defensive.

No problem dude... GO SOX...for ALL of us!

:bandance: :gulp:

TheLittleBulldog
09-06-2006, 12:00 AM
No problem dude... GO SOX...for all of us!

:bandance: :gulp:

And we can all go to sleep knowing that Carlos Silva pitches tomorrow for Minnesota....which is nice.

batmanZoSo
09-06-2006, 12:02 AM

If we don't make it, I'd rather be done before then because you know we're going down if it hinges on that series. That'll be an embarrassment I'd rather avoid. If we just need to win one there, then we have a shot.

I voted yes nonetheless. They won the World Series, you don't think they can do this? They gave us a lifetime of memories, they deserve to be stuck with 'til the end.

LuvSox
09-06-2006, 12:07 AM
As of 12:05 am 22 of you voted no. **** all of you. I hear the Cubs are looking for new fans. Go north losers, go north. The real Sox fans believe.

:bandance::supernana::bandance::supernana:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-06-2006, 12:07 AM
If anyone wants to trade their White Sox playoff tickets for tickets to hot concerts such as Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, the Hanson Reunion Tour, Wiggles, or any other show please PM me and I'll gladly hunt down your request and scoop up the playoff tickets.

The deficit is 1 1/2 games and people are acting like it is ten and a half.

chisoxmike
09-06-2006, 12:08 AM
If anyone wants to trade their White Sox playoff tickets for tickets to hot concerts such as Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, the Hanson Reunion Tour, Wiggles, or any other show please PM me and I'll gladly hunt down your request and scoop up the playoff tickets.

The deficit is 1 1/2 games and people are acting like it is ten and a half.

:rolling:

Chips
09-06-2006, 12:12 AM
:rolling:

I'll second that and the new sig is excellent.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-06-2006, 01:11 AM
I'll second that and the new sig is excellent.

I'll second what Chips said about your new sig. I haven't seen that in at least a month or two.

Great work as always Mike!:thumbsup:

alohafri
09-06-2006, 05:21 AM

Well atleast the quitters came forward. Please exit through the back so no one sees you.

Are you watching this team?

soxfanatlanta
09-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Two weeks ago, I would have voted yes. After last night's anemic...whatever the hell you call last night, it does not look good to me.

anewman35
09-06-2006, 06:29 AM
As of 12:05 am 22 of you voted no. **** all of you. I hear the Cubs are looking for new fans. Go north losers, go north. The real Sox fans believe.

I'm sorry, but since when does being a Sox fan mean blind optimism? I WANT the Sox to make the playoffs more than anything. I just see very little evidence that the team cares nearly enough. I don't see how that somehow makes me less of a Sox fan.

The Dude
09-06-2006, 06:33 AM
Wow, I knew there would be a lot of No's but these numbers have surprised me. The users who picked no, however, do not.

Kudos to you mike for the public poll option so we know who to throw under our playoff bus come October.:D:

Nice sig as well!

soxfanatlanta
09-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Kudos to you mike for the public poll option so we know who to throw under our playoff bus come October.:D:

Nice sig as well!
I will be the first person to happily admit that I was wrong if we see the playoffs in the South Side. I prefer being wrong...it's all a part of being married :wink:

TommyJohn
09-06-2006, 07:21 AM
This pains me. I'm not going to bitch and moan and pull a ChiSoxNutcasePsychoWhackoNutjob, but I voted no.

Madvora
09-06-2006, 07:26 AM
There is a time to be honest with yourself. Of course we all want them to win, but if this wasn't the Sox and you were looking at another team in another division who has been playing bad baseball for 2 months straight, would you pick them to all of a sudden start winning?

Even if you ignore their performance as of late and just look at the last three series of the year for each team. You can even pretend that the Sox, Tigers and Twins were all tied right now. I can't see the Sox outperforming the other two with this ending schedule

White Sox - SEA, CLE, MIN
Twins - BAL, KC, SOX
Tigers - KC, TOR, KC

1951Campbell
09-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Yes. They're backing into the post-season.

mccoydp
09-06-2006, 07:38 AM
I voted 'No'.

With the way they're currently playing, as of today, I don't see it.

Keep in mind that I'm a lifelong pessimist, in baseball and in everyday affairs.

If they start playing better, and get some distance between them and the Twins, heck, anything is possible.

If they get in the playoffs, it could be by the slimmest of margins, much like the Giants-Braves in 1993.

BeviBall!
09-06-2006, 07:44 AM
I voted yes, but it would have been a 'Hell yes! Are you out of your ****ing mind!? Of Course!' in April. Now, it's just a yes.

Deuce
09-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Two weeks ago, I would have voted "yes." And today, I voted "yes." This team has what it takes to make it all the way. They simply have to do it. I have no clue why they are underperforming, but if they can turn it around, we are gold.

I still believe.

Deuce

Law11
09-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Until they give me a reason to think they can win more then 4/10 my vote is no. Unfortunatley.

mwc44
09-06-2006, 08:33 AM
My fingers are still crossed, but as each game slips by, I see myself having a large credit sitting in Banc de White Sox for next year's season tickets. :(:

Shift
09-06-2006, 08:50 AM
"As of 12:05 am 22 of you voted no. **** all of you. I hear the Cubs are looking for new fans. Go north losers, go north. The real Sox fans believe."

I voted 'no' because their poor play is manifest in a sub .500 record since the break (2 months ago), but then I saw the blinding logic behind this argument from LuvSox. Hard to find a crack in this position.

jenn2080
09-06-2006, 08:53 AM
"As of 12:05 am 22 of you voted no. **** all of you. I hear the Cubs are looking for new fans. Go north losers, go north. The real Sox fans believe."

I voted 'no' because their poor play is manifest in a sub .500 record since the break (2 months ago), but then I saw the blinding logic behind this argument from LuvSox. Hard to find a crack in this position.

:tealtutor:

Didnt you vote No also?

Shift
09-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks!

cbotnyse
09-06-2006, 08:58 AM
I voted yes.

mikesouthside
09-06-2006, 09:03 AM
I voted yes. I think all of our problems have everything to do with 2005. We all still think that OUR SOX can overcome anything. Our leadoff hitter has tanked, Gooch has been 60/40....Thome/PK/Crede/AJ...all seem too calm about popping up, hitting into double plays, etc...the bullpen, well we all know. But deep inside of all of us we KNOW that this team can pull it out. WE KNOW IT, we saw it last year. That makes each loss hurt that much more, and each win seem like just another day at the office. We all keep waiting. Instead of "Don't Stop Believing" we should change the theme to that Tom Petty song..."waiting is the hardest part". We all put alot of time/money/emotion into this team. We all WANT them to do it. Bottomline we need to fire up and get it going.

SoxFan78
09-06-2006, 09:07 AM
My vote was yes.

My vote was not based on facts, stats, momentum, matchups.

It was based on one thing, HOPE!

mccoydp
09-06-2006, 09:13 AM

:?:

Give me a break.

MVP
09-06-2006, 09:15 AM
I voted no. I'm not any less of a fan for saying it either, so don't start that go to the north side crap with me. I'll always root for the Sox to win and hope that they do, but realistically speaking this team has not played like a team worthy of the postseason since the All-Star break.

The Sox record is still pretty good and we're only 1.5 games out of the wild card. These things are true, however the way our Sox got into that position is also important. We started good and have since taken a nose dive. Splitting 6 games between KC and TB and then losing the first two to Boston-- these are not signs of a team that's going to the playoffs.

I still can't believe Freddy Garcia tried to defend his loss to KC by saying he was a "big game pitcher". Memo to Freddy and the rest of the Sox: They're all big at this point!

0o0o0
09-06-2006, 09:20 AM
My vote was yes.

My vote was not based on facts, stats, momentum, matchups.

It was based on one thing, HOPE!

HerzogVon
09-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Despite some recent hope supplied by resugent starting pitching, NO!

So long as this team tries to live by the HR, they will die trying. Hopefully, Kenny will come to his senses* in the off-season and attempt to find a way back to manufacturing runs. ( We hit plenty of HRs in 2005, we just didn't friggin' sit back and wait for them! )

* Yeah, and pigs will learn to fly...

24thStFan
09-06-2006, 09:25 AM
I voted "Yes." I'm not ready to give up on this team yet. We're only 1 and 1/2 games out of the playoffs and it's the first week of September.

I'm old enough to remember plenty of Septembers when the Sox were definitely out it, but this is not one of them. Have faith--this team can rally.

southside rocks
09-06-2006, 09:30 AM
The team that has been playing the Red Sox the past two days will not make the playoffs.

If the real Sox return then yes, they will take the wild card.

As a fan since 1967, I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. This year's team, according to its own players, hasn't yet started playing up to their abilities. *** are they waiting for???? I was super-optimistic up until about 2 weeks ago and then, I don't know why, I just ran out of belief gas.

Heffalump
09-06-2006, 09:37 AM
I voted "yes"........but not, "hell, yes!"

My reasoning? Last year, the Sox fell apart and looked pretty bad in August and early Sept. I was one of the spazzes that was jumping off cliffs. Yet we held on, got hot, and won it all.

This year, we are playing like complete crap and yet we are only 1.5 games out of a playoff spot. I am definitely concerned (the last two nights made me sick - our pitching finally came around, but our hitters couldn't do anything versus pure garbage pitching). But after last year, it's not over yet.

I really think it is going to come down to those final three games in MN. What does that mean? Another 3.5 weeks of A LOT of bitching and moaning around here, but hopefully it will end up being one of the most exciting playoff races ever.

It is bad, but we can't give up yet.

GO SOX !!!!

soxfan13
09-06-2006, 09:38 AM
I voted "Yes." I'm not ready to give up on this team yet. We're only 1 and 1/2 games out of the playoffs and it's the first week of September.

I'm old enough to remember plenty of Septembers when the Sox were definitely out it, but this is not one of them. Have faith--this team can rally.

Yeah what he/she said!!!:D:

Cat Thief
09-06-2006, 09:41 AM

:dumbass:

spiffie
09-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Two weeks ago my heart and my head said we were going to the playoffs. Today my head has doubt, but my heart is not going to let me give up on this team unless we are mathematically eliminated. That said, I will answer yes in a poll like this, but I wouldn't want to be putting any money down on it. I think we'll make it because otherwise why not just pack it in and start watching the NFL Network 24/7?

The fun part will be the backpedaling here if we win 2 in a row and the Twins lose 2 in a row.

mrwag
09-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I had to vote no on this, and I've been a DIE HARD for 25 years. I just don't see it, guys. I too was very pessimistic last year at this time, and I hope I am wrong.

For those of you who think it's wrong to vote "No", you guys are the ones who should run to the North Side and start drinking their kool-aid. Last I knew it was a free country, and we are supposed to vote with our conscience.

SoxxoS
09-06-2006, 09:51 AM
We are playing corpseball currently, which is unacceptable and Jerry Manuel like in the middle of a playoff chase.

cbotnyse
09-06-2006, 09:51 AM
I voted yes and I am kinda shocked at all of the no's so far. Everyone here knows the potential of this team. No, they have not shown it lately, not even close, but we have plenty of chances to do so the remaining of the season.

CaptainBallz
09-06-2006, 09:53 AM
I equate the "No" voters to victims of abuse that just want to protect themselves from more senseless hurt.

I voted "Yes" because Hey, look at Javy go!!:bandance:

And Sweeney shows up from AAA and shows these jagbags up.

I don't expect any of it to be pretty and I've finally given up the Divisional hopes, but 1.5 back isn't the end of the freakin world and it's not like any other team is lights out right now.

Stand by your team and wish them to do well...Why is that so hard?

skottyj242
09-06-2006, 09:59 AM

I'm confused, I voted no so now I'm a Cub fan? I never said I wouldn't support the team and I hope they get in and prove me wrong. I will still go to all eight games I have left. You sir are a loser, **** you.

skottyj242
09-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I voted yes and I am kinda shocked at all of the no's so far. Everyone here knows the potential of this team. No, they have not shown it lately, not even close, but we have plenty of chances to do so the remaining of the season.

I've been saying that for months, time is running out.

batmanZoSo
09-06-2006, 10:01 AM
The fun part will be the backpedaling here if we win 2 in a row and the Twins lose 2 in a row.

Exactly. Two days and our whole world could be turned around. People are always in a hurry to find some kind of definitive conclusion. I doubt either team will be buried or out of it in the near future, and it may come down to the very last day. But as of right now there's no telling what will happen, so just keep watching.

cbotnyse
09-06-2006, 10:07 AM
I've been saying that for months, time is running out.I agree that time is running out, but we still have plenty of time left to still believe we will make the playoffs. Unless we are 4 back going into the Twins series, my vote will be yes.

Baby Fisk
09-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Abso-****ing-lutely yes.

Starting tonight, the Sox will lay a ****ing beating on these uppity Bostonians.

Then, the Sox will welcome the Jndians to town with a ****ing four-game beating to remind them who the World Champions are and who they aren't.

Then, the Sox will roll back into Los Angeles and open up another ****ing can of whoopass on Mike Scoscia and his pack of whiney Angels.

Then, the Sox will barge into Oakland-Alameda County Prison and whip the ****ing A's like the pack of red headed kielty boys that they are.

Then, the crumbling Tigers will come to the south side to be ****ing slaughtered and butchered into packed meat with the kind of ruthless efficiency not seen since the heyday of the stockyards.

Then, the Mariners will take their place and have the ****ing life ripped out of them, and their guts, and their major organs, all of which will be mashed into paste and shipped back to Seattle.

Then, the Sox will roar into Cleveland like a ****ing biker gang and rip the place apart, reminding the citizens of Cleveland that we own their sorry asses and always will.

Then, the Sox will rain down great vengeance upon the ****ing Metrodome, pillage and burn and main and kill every last Twinkie standing, and win the AL Central division on the final day of the season.

We will go on to rout the A's in the playoffs, humiliating Billy Beane and causing Jim Macha to resign in disgrace after a three game sweep in the ALDS.

We will go on to destroy the Yankees in the ALCS in four games, a series that will live on as the single greatest humiliation in the life of George Steinbrenner. Joe Torre will resign in disgrace.

After that, we will go on to the stadium of the National League champion and burn it to the ground. No WS games will have to be played because the White Sox will have caused the entire city will be consumed in a fiery apocalypse. Their manager will resign in disgrace.

After that, we will sail up the river to Eldorado, seize the territories of Cortez, claim the Spanish crown for our own, and rule this new world like Kings!

http://www.wildtalents.net/pix%5Cscaguir.jpg
"WHO'S WITH ME?!"

batmanZoSo
09-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Abso-****ing-lutely yes.

Starting tonight, the Sox will lay a ****ing beating on these uppity Bostonians.

Then, the Sox will welcome the Jndians to town with a ****ing four-game beating to remind them who the World Champions are and who they aren't.

Then, the Sox will roll back into Los Angeles and open up another ****ing can of whoopass on Mike Scoscia and his pack of whiney Angels.

Then, the Sox will barge into Oakland-Alameda County Prison and whip the ****ing A's like the pack of red headed kielty boys that they are.

Then, the crumbling Tigers will come to the south side to be ****ing slaughtered and butchered into packed meat with the kind of ruthless efficiency not seen since the heyday of the stockyards.

Then, the Mariners will take their place and have the ****ing life ripped out of them, and their guts, and their major organs, all of which will be mashed into paste and shipped back to Seattle.

Then, the Sox will roar into Cleveland like a ****ing biker gang and rip the place apart, reminding the citizens of Cleveland that we own their sorry asses and always will.

Then, the Sox will rain down great vengeance upon the ****ing Metrodome, pillage and burn and main and kill every last Twinkie standing, and win the AL Central division on the final day of the season.

We will go on to rout the A's in the playoffs, humiliating Billy Beane and causing Jim Macha to resign in disgrace after a three game sweep in the ALDS.

We will go on to destroy the Yankees in the ALCS in four games, a series that will live on as the single greatest humiliation in the life of George Steinbrenner. Joe Torre will resign in disgrace.

After that, we will go on to the stadium of the National League champion and burn it to the ground. No WS games will have to be played because the White Sox will have caused the entire city will be consumed in a fiery apocalypse. Their manager will resign in disgrace.

After that, we will sail up the river to Eldorado, seize the territories of Cortez, claim the Spanish crown for our own, and rule this new world like Kings!

"WHO'S WITH ME?!"

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/bbimages/UK/glossy/marshall/200206/DogBrianGriffin.jpg&sig=__oYOzSjoECLz64USMXPgguDbQRHY=
I'll have what he's having.

Madvora
09-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Abso-****ing-lutely yes.

"WHO'S WITH ME?!"
Brilliant! By the way I just looked back on the Herzog thread again because I just saw Fitzcarraldo. I liked it more than Aguirre. Very good.

0o0o0
09-06-2006, 10:14 AM
I never said I wouldn't support the team and I hope they get in and prove me wrong.

I don't know why that's so hard for some people to understand. :dunno:

johnr1note
09-06-2006, 10:15 AM
I voted no, too. One of the things that alwasys set Sox fans apart from thier Northside counterparts was the fact that we are more realistic in evaluating our team's chances.

Here is the skinny -- since the all star break, the Sox are 7 games under .500 (21-28) the Tigers are 3 games over (27-24). Meanwhile, the Twins are 34-18.

The way I see it, had the Sox played .500 ball, they would be 3.5 games out. Had they won just 7 more games since the middle of July (that's less than a game more a week), they would be in first place.

The opportunity to take hold of our own destiny has been there, but we have not been able to grasp it. This team lacks the drive we had last year. Even when we were "choking" in September last year, we were still paying good ball -- the Indians just caught up.

Unless this team lights a fire, the White Sox will be watching the post season on TV.

jenn2080
09-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Abso-****ing-lutely yes.

"WHO'S WITH ME?!"

Jesus Mary and White Sox what the hell are you eating for breakfast?

Babyfisk while I love your enthusiam and optimism I dont see it. If this does happen I will send ya a case of your beer of choice.

Deuce
09-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Et tu, whitesoxwilkes? :(:

Hitmen77
09-06-2006, 10:25 AM
I equate the "No" voters to victims of abuse that just want to protect themselves from more senseless hurt.

I voted "Yes" because Hey, look at Javy go!!:bandance:

GMAB! Obviously akot of people here don't know the difference between the following questions:

Do you want the Sox to make the playoffs?
Do you think the Sox can make the playoffs?
Do you think the Sox will make the playoffs?

For some reason, alot of people here think these are all the same thing. I'm sure the response here would be 100% yes for the first question and 95% for the second question.

But, I read this poll as being the 3rd question and I think the response is about where it should be - about 50/50. My honest opinion at this time is that I don't think they'll make the playoffs. Sorry, but watching this team underperform for most of the 2nd half and then saying that the playoffs are looking doubtful does not make someone a victim of abuse. :rolleyes:

spiffie
09-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Abso-****ing-lutely yes.

"WHO'S WITH ME?!"
I don't know, but this might be the greatest post in the history of the interweb.

CaptainBallz
09-06-2006, 10:45 AM
But, I read this poll as being the 3rd question and I think the response is about where it should be - about 50/50. My honest opinion at this time is that I don't think they'll make the playoffs. Sorry, but watching this team underperform for most of the 2nd half and then saying that the playoffs are looking doubtful does not make someone a victim of abuse. :rolleyes:

I think you misinterpreted my analogy a bit. We're all the "victims of abuse" here because we have been watching this "paper awesome" team play like a bunch of schlubs for most of the year. I'm not suggesting that the "No" voters have taken too many hits to the head or anything (while that may very well be true...)

To me, it just seems that writing the team off and taking that stance that you truly think they WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS is a bit "defense mechanism"-esque. It's easier because in the worst-case scenario, you're right. I realize it's an opinion formed from very real observations, but it's total ledge jumping, IMHO.

whitesoxwilkes
09-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Et tu, whitesoxwilkes? :(:

Like Fox Mulder, I want to believe.

I'm just not seeing it now. Situational hitting is nonexistent, and our starting pitching has "improved" from mediocre to spotty. We're running out of room here folks, and with a west coast swing and a trip to the HumpDome in the cards, I just can't see us getting it done if we keep playing like this.

I hope this team proves me wrong.

0o0o0
09-06-2006, 10:52 AM
GMAB! Obviously akot of people here don't know the difference between the following questions:

Do you want the Sox to make the playoffs?
Do you think the Sox can make the playoffs?
Do you think the Sox will make the playoffs?

For some reason, alot of people here think these are all the same thing. I'm sure the response here would be 100% yes for the first question and 95% for the second question.

So uhh....why do you hate the Sox?

jenn2080
09-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Everyone should agree to disagree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soxfan13
09-06-2006, 11:13 AM
I voted yes because I didnt want to be called a loser/cub fan!

jenn2080
09-06-2006, 11:15 AM
I voted yes because I didnt want to be called a loser/cub fan!

Loser Cubs fan :D:

soxfan13
09-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Loser Cubs fan :D:

you cant call me that because, according to rule 129, Section 13, paragraph 6, line 2, of the White Sox Fan Rule Book. No White Sox fan can be called a Cub fan for being opimistic. SO THERE!!!! :D:

Baby Fisk
09-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Everyone should agree to disagree!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're right.

Everybody stop fighting, let's do the Mojito Dance! :bandance:

LuvSox
09-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Good morning.

Drunk posting is bad, very bad.

While I shouldn't have called people Cubs fans, I still believe in this team.

Go Sox.

Baby Fisk
09-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Good morning.

Drunk posting is bad, very bad.

While I shouldn't have called people Cubs fans, I still believe in this team.

Go Sox.
You need to handle your Canadian whiskey better. :cool:

viagracat
09-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I've said for a long time the Sox have too much talent to miss the playoffs. I still think that, and I think they will. However, talent alone is not enough as we've seen. It takes heart, determination, guts and smarts as well. I'm hoping and assuming someone--maybe Thome--reminds the team that those traits are needed as well to win. Better be soon.

LuvSox
09-06-2006, 11:55 AM

The power went out. I was sitting here with absolutely nothing to do.

:gulp:

It finally came back on, I got online, yada yada yada, I'm a dumbass.

batmanZoSo
09-06-2006, 12:02 PM

Ugh. You must be shrooming. :smile:

mccoydp
09-06-2006, 12:04 PM

A good bottle of Thunderbird will fix you right up. :tongue:

bayzbol44
09-06-2006, 12:06 PM
It's over Johnny Cakes. It was a great run. :(:

Law11
09-06-2006, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=Shift]"As of 12:05 am 22 of you voted no. **** all of you. I hear the Cubs are looking for new fans. Go north losers, go north. The real Sox fans believe."

What an intelligent post..

0o0o0
09-06-2006, 12:34 PM
[quote=Shift]"As of 12:05 am 22 of you voted no. **** all of you. I hear the Cubs are looking for new fans. Go north losers, go north. The real Sox fans believe."

What an intelligent post..

Read a few posts back for an explanation.

I want Mags back
09-06-2006, 12:34 PM
**** no

jenn2080
09-06-2006, 12:58 PM

he needs to handle something better. :?:

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Anyone surprised by Grobber's vote?

PaulDrake
09-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Anyone surprised by Grobber's vote?

:rolleyes: I vote no, the cubs won't make the playoffs this year.

SoxShirt
09-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Unfortunately, I had to vote no. They better prove me wrong. Of course I want them to make the playoffs, but right now, they way they're playing makes me say no. I know I'll be sorry I voted no if they make some spectacular come back and win the WS, but... right now... :whiner: they make me sad.:whiner:

Beer Can Chicken
09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
I voted YES.

That poll looks like a classic case of the Autobots vs. Decepticons. We just won't speak to each other when we pass in the hallway....

PalehosePlanet
09-06-2006, 02:40 PM
I voted Yes only because I think we are beyond due. Also, I had this same dreadful feeling last year and somehow it all worked out.

LuvSox
09-06-2006, 02:48 PM
he needs to handle something better. :?:

Clarify please.

bryPt
09-06-2006, 03:26 PM
holy crap, you can see who voted for what. COOL!

um, I meant to hit yes. Really I did. I mean, I thought, no, they will make the playoffs or yes, the will not make the playoffs. Yeah, that's it.

LuvSox
09-06-2006, 03:27 PM

um, I meant to hit yes. Really I did.

Cubs fan!

:)

North Sox Sider
09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
I voted yes. There is still enough time to turn things around but I just dont see any hunger from them whats so ever. I want to see someone smash a gatorade bucket or throw a clip board or something. So some life and Paulie provide some kind of leadership. I know he not a rah rah guy but he needs to stop with the cliches and fire himself up and the team up in some way. Nobody can use "its still early" anymore. The last thing that I want to see is those damn Twins celebrating at our expense at the end of September.

The Dude
09-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey Dump, since you voted no, can I have your tickets for the Tigers series???:redneck

The Dude
09-06-2006, 04:08 PM

um, I meant to hit yes. Really I did. I mean, I thought, no, they will make the playoffs or yes, the will not make the playoffs. Yeah, that's it.

It's called the Make Poll Public option! Very high tech stuff.

IronFisk
09-06-2006, 04:16 PM
this poll is nothing more than Crap-on-a-Stick. Go Sox!!!

buehrle4cy05
09-06-2006, 04:21 PM
**** Yeah We Make It.

23Ventura
09-06-2006, 06:29 PM
I didn't have it in me to vote no, so my vote went to yes by default.

The Racehorse
09-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Quitting is for losers.

BadBobbyJenks
09-06-2006, 06:44 PM

My new favorite thing on wsi.....:rolleyes:

People can vote no and still believe, take it easy.

That being said I would never vote no until they are eliminated. I have no real reason to believe we are going to turn this thing around but I Believe we are going to. I am 100% confident I will be in attendance for games 1 and 2 of the alcs.

As we speak we are laying the hammer on snyder and Maybe just maybe the starters are getting it going.

LuvSox
09-06-2006, 06:58 PM

That being said I would never vote no until they are eliminated. I have no real reason to believe we are going to turn this thing around but I Believe we are going to. I am 100% confident I will be in attendance for games 1 and 2 of the alcs.

As we speak we are laying the hammer on snyder and Maybe just maybe the starters are getting it going.

Read the whole thread.

CLR01
09-06-2006, 07:50 PM

You can? You can think the Sox won't make the playoffs and still believe they will? :dunno:

soxstarter
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I am absolutely not weighing in on this one. I am so :angry: at the way they laying back and playing now. If they were relying on their resume's instead of their egos........this poll would never have appeared.

whitesoxfan1986
09-06-2006, 09:16 PM
I think they'll make it because I have seen signs that the pitching(sans Freddy) is coming back to form. I had to see Jose's start tonight because if he got shelled, it might have swayed my opinion. Jose was dominant tonight. The last 3 games were so well pitched, and we need Mark to follow suit. These are the type of starts that we need to make the playoffs. I have no problem leaving Freddy out of the postseason rotation-oh wait Vazquez is very inconsistent too-But I'd keep Vaz in as the 4th starter because he has the potential to be dominant if he doesn't implode in the 6th inning. First round rotation for me-Garland-game 1 Contreras-game 2 Buehrle-game 3 If they make it to the ALCS Vazquez is starter #4 simply because of his stuff. Good power pitching wins in the playoffs most of the time. Call me crazy but I'd rather have Vazquez taking the ball in the playoffs than Freddy mostly because of his diminished skills, but Freddy's attitude makes it obvious.

chisoxmike
09-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I've created a monster.

chisoxmike
09-06-2006, 10:40 PM
OOOO, now the Twins troll chimed in.

:supernana:

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2006, 10:43 PM
This has to be the poll with the most replies in WSI history!

ihatecubs09
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
the sox are in the playoffs, and i thought i would throw this out there and it might be really stupid. What if the tigers get on a huge slump and then the twins and white sox could make the playoffs, instead of the tigers. This is just a random theory and probably will be shut down.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2006, 10:50 PM
the sox are in the playoffs, and i thought i would throw this out there and it might be really stupid. What if the tigers get on a huge slump and then the twins and white sox could make the playoffs, instead of the tigers. This is just a random theory and probably will be shut down.

It certainly is not out of the question. The Tiger's lead has been cut in roughly 1/3 since the All Star Break. There's still time left.

BadBobbyJenks
09-07-2006, 01:04 AM
You can? You can think the Sox won't make the playoffs and still believe they will? :dunno:

I meant more of a hope they are going to, but dont think they can do it....which when i think about while typing this isnt making as much sense as I thought it did. I just think people are a little quick on the you are a quitter, go become a cubs fan trigger, those first 2 games in boston were 2 of the more frustrating games I have ever sat through.

Regardless I voted yes, because we are repeating.

RadioheadRocks
09-07-2006, 02:13 AM
YES vote... mark it down!

It's time to shine... don't stop believin'!

Grzegorz
09-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Yes, I believe the White Sox get into the wildcard.

Realist
09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
The Sox are going to get their backs against the wall the last couple of weeks of the season and all their talent combined with the remaining killer instinct from last year will kick into gear. In the playoffs our starting pitching will perform just has it did last year in the playoffs but our pen is going make things pretty hairy for us in a few of the games.

In the end, the Sox are going to bring us another championship and we're going to enjoy it even more than we did last year.

Not a cloud in sight. :cool:

chidonez
09-07-2006, 02:57 PM
A-ha! A clever way for the mods to identify closet dark clouds.

mccoydp
09-07-2006, 03:54 PM
A-ha! A clever way for the mods to identify closet dark clouds.

I guess WhiteSoxWilkes is a dark cloud. :rolleyes:

Wordwoman
09-08-2006, 04:38 PM
I think our Sox will make the playoffs--------but not because they suddenly start playing to their potential. I am betting the Twins fold just enough for us to sneak in as the wildcard.

And now I must go and purchase tonight's supply of Pepcid Complete to survive some of Ozzie's decisions.

whitesoxwilkes
09-08-2006, 04:52 PM
I guess WhiteSoxWilkes is a dark cloud. :rolleyes:

I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong.

If it comes down to October and we're in the playoffs, I will literally eat my words. You can print off my earlier quote and I'll eat it.

whitesoxfan14
09-09-2006, 09:22 PM
I hope they do. I think they still have a shot, as long as they get their heads in the game, and don't think too much about their losses. It's not over until the big lady sings....as my grandma would say.

mccoydp
09-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong.

If it comes down to October and we're in the playoffs, I will literally eat my words. You can print off my earlier quote and I'll eat it.

Hey, I was with you, too. I don't mind eating crow...dee-lish.:cool:

:hawk:

"I LUV it when McCoyDP is wrong!"

BigKlu59
09-12-2006, 05:04 PM
:supernana: In? Sure.... They're in... Only they're gonna claim the fame of the new 'Winning Uglies".. These guys never make it easy on our cardiac muscles,do they? Just win Palehose:supernana:,.... Just win

BigKlu59

MarySwiss
09-12-2006, 05:13 PM
I think our Sox will make the playoffs--------but not because they suddenly start playing to their potential. I am betting the Twins fold just enough for us to sneak in as the wildcard.

And now I must go and purchase tonight's supply of Pepcid Complete to survive some of Ozzie's decisions.

Gas-X with Maalox chewables. Only way to go. Trust me.