PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Scouting

lakeviewsoxfan
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
I know all MLB Teams send scouts in advance to see what the other teams feature! IMO our advanced scouting has been piss poor for a long time this is one feature I would like to see a complete over haul of, for far too long our team has gone down feebly to a young rookie who shuts us down.

zmz723
09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
yep, how many times this year have we been clueless against some new, rookie pitcher???

JB98
09-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't think any of us has enough information to make an informed comment on this subject.

Fake Chet Lemon
09-05-2006, 09:30 PM
I know all MLB Teams send scouts in advance to see what the other teams feature! IMO our advanced scouting has been piss poor for a long time this is one feature I would like to see a complete over haul of, for far too long our team has gone down feebly to a young rookie who shuts us down.

Jump on others sites. Every team's fans says the exact same thing. It's a problem for everyone. A scout can talk to a Paul Konerko until he is blue in the face. I think hitters just have to see a pitcher for themselves for a few at bats.

samram
09-05-2006, 10:27 PM
yep, how many times this year have we been clueless against some new, rookie pitcher???
Well, remember the advance scouts haven't seen him either. They say there's no book on anyone until they've gone around the league once or twice.

EndemicSox
09-06-2006, 01:55 AM
It's up to the individual player to watch video of the pitcher and try and pick up his patters/movement/etc...
This kind of dedication is what keeps many of these guys in the big leagues, and going by the Sox batting averages this year, I don't think the team has a problem. Sometimes you simply have to tip your cap to the pitcher.

If the team doesn't have video of a minor league pitcher who is on the verge of getting the call to the big show, then you have a valid point. No reason not have video on every pitcher in minor league baseball in this day and age. I'll gladly work for free if KW wants a guy to put the video reports together!