PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me

Soxworldchamps
09-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Or has our starting pitching improved and our hitting started to suck?

I don't think this is very good timing for a switcharoo.

Malgar 12
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM

It is not just you.

DaveIsHere
09-05-2006, 08:14 PM

Agreed!! :(:

sox1970
09-05-2006, 08:17 PM

I think Garland and Buehrle are just fine. Freddy and Jose suck. And Vazquez is our 5th starter. The offense sucks too.

eurotrash35
09-05-2006, 08:17 PM
story of the year. this team hasn't been on the same page for months.

Jurr
09-05-2006, 08:19 PM
I hate to say it but "smartball" + Jim Thome = "We can outslug folks" = change in mindset = BIG TROUBLE

Hitmen77
09-05-2006, 08:20 PM

All I have to say about the Sox offense of late is WOW, just wow. :(: Way to waste to outstanding outings by Garland and Vazquez.

Our powerful lineup scoring 2 and zero runs against crappy pitchers on consective nights is just unreal.

slobes
09-05-2006, 08:24 PM
That seems to be precisely the problem now. We can never make all things click at once, can we?

BA: The Hitman
09-05-2006, 08:45 PM
It's becoming painful and very very frustrating to watch. I find myself getting way more upset this year than I did at any point last year

Beer Can Chicken
09-05-2006, 08:58 PM
At this point in the year, I'd rather our pitching be good than our bats. If we stay pitching like this through September, I think we'll win enough games to get in the playoffs.

jenn2080
09-05-2006, 09:04 PM
could not agree with you more

Chips
09-05-2006, 09:05 PM
At this point in the year, I'd rather our pitching be good than our bats. If we stay pitching like this through September, I think we'll win enough games to get in the playoffs.

I'll take the better pitching too.

soxinem1
09-05-2006, 09:08 PM
All I have to say about the Sox offense of late is WOW, just wow. :(: Way to waste to outstanding outings by Garland and Vazquez.

Our powerful lineup scoring 2 and zero runs against crappy pitchers on consective nights is just unreal.

Crappy pitchers? How about desperation starters! The BoSox have to be tickled pink! When was the last time Tavaras started a game? The guy tonight pitched BP in his previous games.

Fake Chet Lemon
09-05-2006, 09:44 PM
That seems to be precisely the problem now. We can never make all things click at once, can we?

Maybe that's why I'm afraid with the starting pitching coming around, the bullpen may decide it's time to take a dump. Please nooooooooooo!

0o0o0
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM

:o:

Is it just me, or are the Sox playing in Boston this series? :tongue:

batmanZoSo
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Unless things change, it looks like the high point was June interleague play, capitalized by the severe bludgeoning of the Cardinals. Oh, my those were happy times. Ever since ****ing Boston came to town in July the season's been in the crapper. I think they also look at the 19-inning affair as the beginning of their slide as well. 'Twas not a fortuitous meeting for these two clubs.

eriqjaffe
09-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Crappy pitchers? How about desperation starters! The BoSox have to be tickled pink! When was the last time Tavaras started a game? The guy tonight pitched BP in his previous games.And to think, they probably weren't "stretched out".

CaptainBallz
09-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I think the Sox have a "wheel of fortune" type device in the clubhouse and just spin it before every game to see who is going to crap the bed.

Where is the point where this team is just embarrassed of themselves?

eriqjaffe
09-06-2006, 10:00 AM
I think the Sox have a "wheel of fortune" type device in the clubhouse and just spin it before every game to see who is going to crap the bed.All last year, and even throughout the first half of this year, I lost count of the number of "man, every time we start [insert bench player here], he comes up big," or, "somebody always picks this team up - if [big star(s)] has an off-night, then [other player(s)] comes up big and gets the job done," quotes.

Since the all-star break, it's been the opposite, and it's depressing.

my5thbench
09-06-2006, 02:36 PM
they'reaking a dark cloud out of me * I don't like the feeling