PDA

View Full Version : Jenks sent back to Chicago

Jjav829
09-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Just reported on the Score. He has a hip problem apparently.

Beer Can Chicken
09-05-2006, 04:49 PM
watching the wheels come off. Looks like MacDougal time.

buehrle4cy05
09-05-2006, 04:50 PM
:whiner:

At least Mac has closed this year.

The Dude
09-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Just reported on the Score. A hip problem apparently.
All I have to say to that is ****!

salty99
09-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah Ozzie said after the game that Jenks was not 100% going into Boston. Why he used him then is questionable....considering he only had a 91MPH fastball.

Martinigirl
I feel like I am going to be sick.

thomas35forever
Great. Just what we don't need.

BanditJimmy
09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
the one guy we could least afford to lose IMO ..... Dye hurt and now Jenks, argueably our 2 MVPs.

All the teams have had the injury bug bite them this year except for us. It has finally caught up to us and we were never able to build a lead in the play off race.

The Dude
09-05-2006, 04:53 PM
watching the wheels come off. Looks like MacDougal time.
Well hopefully we can rely on Hermanson to go into the Mac role for now while Mac takes Bobby's spot.:o:
Wait....it just hit me.
:chunks

Foulke You
09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Wow...what terrible news. I knew something was wrong with Bobby by the way he threw last night. His fastball had no life on it (for him) and he couldn't get his cutter or his curver over. What was Ozzie thinking using him if he wasn't at 100%?:?: I would have rather seen a 100% healthy Boone Logan or Charlie Haegar out to close the game than risk hurting Jenks even more than he was.

CaptainBallz
09-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Horrible.

A platooned Pods, a hurt Dye, a gimpy Thome, a manager getting blackmailed by the mayor, and now Bobby the show stopper out with a bum hip. This certainly does suck right here.:(:

Mohoney
09-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts.

ShoelessJoeS
09-05-2006, 05:07 PM
This is nothing to cry about. We just need someone to step up and make it seem as if Jenks is not even gone; kind of like what Dye and Gload did in Thome's absence. This is what makes good teams great, and I know our Sox are good.

bryPt
09-05-2006, 05:14 PM

You mean like Barrett this weekend?

Well, thats just great.

salty99
09-05-2006, 05:14 PM
WHo would have predicted that on Sept. 5th our two best healthiest relivers would be Matt Thornton and Mike MacDougal??? :o:

chisoxfanatic
09-05-2006, 05:16 PM
It looks like our offense will have to continue carrying this team. This just makes me sick. Hopefully he'll only miss a couple of days, as the team returns soon.

TheDarkGundam
09-05-2006, 05:16 PM
This is awful.
I think i'm seriously gonna cry. :(:

bluestar
09-05-2006, 05:18 PM
This is nothing to cry about. We just need someone to step up and make it seem as if Jenks is not even gone; kind of like what Dye and Gload did in Thome's absence. This is what makes good teams great, and I know our Sox are good.

Let's see...now we need someone to step up and be the closer. And we need someone to step up and perform like an MVP while Dye is out. And we need our starting pitching (other than Garland) to step up and pitch like they have in the past. And we need Javier Vazquez to step up and be the pitcher so many people think he can be. And we need our bullpen to step up and quit giving up runs. And we need our leadoff hitter to step up and get on base. And we need our offense to step up against AAA pitchers, soft-tossers, and pitchers formerly relegated to mop-up duty and long relief. And we need the AL teams other than Detroit and Minnesota to step up and beat those two teams.

That's a lot of stepping up.

kevingrt
09-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Ugh fub, this is not good.

kevingrt
09-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Can you say new closer knuckleballer CHARLIE HAEGER. Or the Boone!

SteveFerguson
09-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Horrible news... I hope Macdougal can step it up..

jenn2080
09-05-2006, 05:28 PM
I think i am going to cry.

zmz723
09-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, looks like all the luck we had last year is finally coming around. this ****ing blows

lumpyspun
09-05-2006, 05:30 PM
What are we going to do now? Lose every series 2 games to 1? Oh wait, we have been doing that anyway.

MadetoOrta
09-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Minnesota lost LIRIANO for an extended period of time, Detroit lost MAROTH for the SEASON and we're crying? Suck it up. KW again came through by getting McDougall.

BA: The Hitman
09-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Come on everybody, let get off the ledges. Yeah, losing Jenks really blows, but I certainly have no problem with MacDougal closing games the way he has been looking lately. Imagine if KW hadn't made this trade for Mac, then we would really be screwed. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and they're just performing tests on the hip as a precaution.

kitekrazy
09-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Minnesota lost LIRIANO for an extended period of time, Detroit lost MAROTH for the SEASON and we're crying? Suck it up. KW again came through by getting McDougall.

Looks like the team can use injuries for an excuse instead of pathetic play if the season ends aftet the Twins series.

Dan H
09-05-2006, 05:36 PM

Even though you can't just replace a Jenks, I agree with some of the sentiment here. It's time for the Sox to step it up and feel sorry for themselves some other time. I just don't know how good the Sox are now.

BeviBall!
09-05-2006, 05:41 PM
How much more can we take?

MadetoOrta
09-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Looks like the team can use injuries for an excuse instead of pathetic play if the season ends aftet the Twins series.

That won't fly here. They've stunk for some time now. Watch the Sox rally and win a few. There are no injury excuses that will fly here.

caulfield12
09-05-2006, 05:43 PM
C'mon people, look at what the Red Sox just went through, they lost 75% of their team over the last month. People are showing up with lymphoma...we need a reality check.

MacDougal has been used as a closer before, it's not new to him. At least we know what's wrong with Bobby and hopefully it can be corrected. I wish we could say the game about Garcia or Jose C.

It we don't win, it had absolutely nothing to do with injuries. That was the excuse in 2001 and 2004, but that dog doesn't hunt this season.

southside rocks
09-05-2006, 05:47 PM
I agree -- this thought had occurred to me too, although I am very unhappy to hear that Jenks is having any physical troubles at all. I hope it's nothing serious, and I hope he gets the rest that he needs for whatever it is. I would REALLY not like to see Bobby Jenks's future risked for this year's stretch drive.

MacDougal was a good acquisition and now he may prove a great one. This will be interesting.

And isn't that a curse -- "may you live in interesting times"? :tongue:

ws05champs
09-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Sox have shown this year that they are perfectly capable of losing with a healthy Jenks, Dye and Thome. Why should this make a difference?

Seriously, they have the talent on the team to still pull this off. They need to play to their capabilities. That includes everybody: the starters, fielders, bullpen and batters. They did not have the talent and depth last year that they have now and still won the World Series. They can still do it but they need to execute.

infohawk
09-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah, we've all been "Barretted."

CLR01
09-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Minnesota lost LIRIANO for an extended period of time, Detroit lost MAROTH for the SEASON and we're crying? Suck it up.

Throwing in the towel is what some people do best.

SoxShirt
09-05-2006, 06:08 PM
:o: This is not cool.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Hopefully like Dye he will only be out a few days. I'm glad Williams brought in MacDougal and Thornton.

Dan Mega
09-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Thorton and MacDougal have shown they can consistently take care of business. With Hermanson and Haeger in the BP now I think this isn't as bad as some might think.

Bobby will be ok, and he'll be back.

Hitmen77
09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Can someone come off the ledge for a minute and please tell me if this is likely to be an extended absence for Jenks?

Oh, and in case you haven't been paying attention, a Jenks injury won't be what decides whether the Sox make the playoffs. We can only score 3 runs against crap Tampa pitching on Thursday, give up 5 unearned runs on Friday, and score only 2 runs against some crappy nobody pitcher on Monday - and if that **** keeps up Jenks ain't gonna save this season for us.

Update: Add "ground into a double play with the bases loaded against another crappy pitcher on Tuesday" . :angry:

GlassSox
09-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah Ozzie said after the game that Jenks was not 100% going into Boston. Why he used him then is questionable....considering he only had a 91MPH fastball.

I agree, why would Ozzie use an injured Jenks. Seems like a big risk that didn't work and I hope it didn't aggrevate the injury.

Lip Man 1
09-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Story on Tribune said hip checks out fine could be back in Boston tomorrow although I don't think Ozzie would use him.

Lip

Iwritecode
09-05-2006, 11:19 PM

He hit at least 93. :wink:

I could tell something was wrong when he walked Manny on 4 straight pitches. His velocity was just not there at all. Lowell should've never turned on that inside fastball as much as he did... :(:

Iwritecode
09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Story on Tribune said hip checks out fine could be back in Boston tomorrow although I don't think Ozzie would use him.

Lip

Why bother sending him back to Boston? Might as well let him stay in Chicago and meet the team on Thursday.

mrwag
09-06-2006, 10:00 AM
He hit at least 93. :wink:

I could tell something was wrong when he walked Manny on 4 straight pitches. His velocity was just not there at all. Lowell should've never turned on that inside fastball as much as he did... :(:

I told my wife during that inning that something was wrong and he isn't pitching right. Looks like I was right, unfortunately.

eriqjaffe
09-06-2006, 10:04 AM
If Bobby's injury is bad enough to keep him out for a while, at least we have last year's closer back at 100%!

cbotnyse
09-06-2006, 10:04 AM
First I've heard the news. Any updates?

This is just about the worst news we could have right now, if he will miss an extended amount of time.

jenn2080
09-06-2006, 10:09 AM
First I've heard the news. Any updates?

This is just about the worst news we could have right now, if he will miss an extended amount of time.

Apparently he nothing showed up and should be good to come back today.

However did anyone hear that Burls got sent back to Chicago? I read it in the paper ....dont know what that is about.

soxfanatlanta
09-06-2006, 10:25 AM
However did anyone hear that Burls got sent back to Chicago? I read it in the paper ....dont know what that is about.

From the tribune (<10%)...

Buehrle remains on schedule to pitch Thursday against Cleveland but was sent home a day early as a precautionary measure.

Buehrle has coped with back soreness, and an examination revealed merely "normal wear and tear," Schneider said.