PDA

View Full Version : Greg Pryor Interview

Lip Man 1
09-04-2006, 10:58 PM
He's the answer to not one, not two but THREE trivia questions and he’s the latest interview at White Sox Interactive. First the questions...let’s see how good you are!

1. He was the last person drafted by the incarnation of the Washington Senators, who became the Texas Rangers, to still be playing in the major leagues.

2. He’s the only person in the lineup on both Disco Demolition AND the famous Pine Tar Game.

3. He’s the guy ‘Minnie’ Minoso pinch hit for in 1980 to continue his active decades streak.

So who is it?

OK I can’t continue with this e-mail until I give you the name so here goes...
It’s Greg Pryor.

Greg the former infielder with the Sox had some great stories to tell of his time on the South Side. You can find the interview on the main page of WSI...just look for his picture.

Among the things Greg talked about was of course, the scene inside Comiskey Park during Disco Demolition, his walk off home run against the A’s in July 1980, his relationship (a tad rocky at times) with Sox manager Tony LaRussa, the biggest regret he had while watching the Sox win the World Series and what it was like to be at the top of George Steinbrenner’s ‘dumbass’ list!

He’s a great guy and I hope you’ll enjoy his story.

Lip

Bill Naharodny
09-05-2006, 01:09 AM
He's the answer to not one, not two but THREE trivia questions and he’s the latest interview at White Sox Interactive. First the questions...let’s see how good you are!

1. He was the last person drafted by the incarnation of the Washington Senators, who became the Texas Rangers, to still be playing in the major leagues.

2. He’s the only person in the lineup on both Disco Demolition AND the famous Pine Tar Game.

3. He’s the guy ‘Minnie’ Minoso pinch hit for in 1980 to continue his active decades streak.

So who is it?

OK I can’t continue with this e-mail until I give you the name so here goes...
It’s Greg Pryor.

Greg the former infielder with the Sox had some great stories to tell of his time on the South Side. You can find the interview on the main page of WSI...just look for his picture.

Among the things Greg talked about was of course, the scene inside Comiskey Park during Disco Demolition, his walk off home run against the A’s in July 1980, his relationship (a tad rocky at times) with Sox manager Tony LaRussa, the biggest regret he had while watching the Sox win the World Series and what it was like to be at the top of George Steinbrenner’s ‘dumbass’ list!

He’s a great guy and I hope you’ll enjoy his story.

Lip

Lip,

Great interview, which brought back many memories of watching the Sox during those times.

Well done!

soxinem1
09-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Greg Pryor was one of the nicest guys to ever wear a Sox uniform, and it is as true today as it was when he played here and KC.