PDA

View Full Version : There's hope for Rowand fans after all

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 06:01 PM
With Victorino playing pretty well in CF and not injury-prone, the Rowand Fan Base can still clamor for Aaron to come back and take Pods' place in LF.

Of course, that leaves us without a leadoff man, but why let that get in the way of a good conspiracy to get Rowand back on the SouthSide?

Frater Perdurabo
09-04-2006, 06:16 PM
I'd accept him back as a fourth outfielder. He's much better than Mackowiak out there in CF when Ozzie benches Anderson every third game.

Palehose13
09-04-2006, 06:16 PM
With Victorino playing pretty well in CF and not injury-prone, the Rowand Fan Base can still clamor for Aaron to come back and take Pods' place in LF.

Of course, that leaves us without a leadoff man, but why let that get in the way of a good conspiracy to get Rowand back on the SouthSide?

As a Rowand fan, this is getting pretty tiring. I know that there are some that take it to an extreme with the Rowand love, but from what I have seen it has calmed down a lot lately. Why start a thread only to ruffle feathers?

Rowand was a contributor to the only White Sox world series championship team that I have known. He was also very nice whenever I met him. Hell, he was the only player that left who had nothing but good things to say about the organization. But don't let all that get in your way of a good Rowand fan bashing thread...

ilsox7
09-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Why start a thread only to ruffle feathers?

Unfortunately, that's what WSI has become these days for a lot of people.

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 06:19 PM
As a Rowand fan, this is getting pretty tiring. I know that there are some that take it to an extreme with the Rowand love, but from what I have seen it has calmed down a lot lately. Why start a thread only to ruffle feathers?

Rowand was a contributor to the only White Sox world series championship team that I have known. He was also very nice whenever I met him. Hell, he was the only player that left who had nothing but good things to say about the organization. But don't let all that get in your way of a good Rowand fan bashing thread...

I'm being serious. I think we could win with that outfield (it would just be for ONE year, then the youngsters would play), and it would be much better defensively than what we have now. We can give up the power numbers for one year if we keep the Big 4 in the middle of the line-up. And even if he gets hurt, we still have three really good minor leaguers in Sweeney, Owens and Fields that could all play the position, not to mention Ozuna and Mackowiak.

Even guys like Iguchi, AJ, and Uribe put up as many homers as someone like Mark Teahen has this year. And Anderson should be good for 15 homers as well.

However, it's all predicated on us trading Uribe for a SS who can leadoff like Vizquel or Rollins.

We're not going to get a Crawford, Ichiro, Tejada or A-Rod without giving up significant parts like Konerko, Crede and McCarthy. Rowand could be acquired at a much lower cost to the organization, both money-wise and also talent in trade.

Chips
09-04-2006, 06:21 PM
:threadsucks

JB98
09-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I'd rather give Sweeney a shot in LF for next year. I think Rowand is good to have on a team as long as he's playing a defensive position, like CF. He's a very good outfielder. But he doesn't hit enough to play a corner outfield. He's going to bat .260 with only average power and a ton of strikeouts. Of course, Pods has become a lousy offensive player too. I don't know if Sweeney is the answer either, but there's certainly more upside there.

Palehose13
09-04-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't think that Rowand-Anderson-Dye would be a bad outfield either, but the way you worded it didn't make it look to be a positive.

This makes me think you were ruffling feathers:
the Rowand Fan Base can still clamor for Aaron to come back and take Pods' place in LF.

That statement makes me think that the "anti-Rowand" clan is soon to follow.

Now, in regards to a leadoff hitter, we don't really have one this year...

Chips
09-04-2006, 06:25 PM
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/Rowand1.gif

Chips
09-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Now, in regards to a leadoff hitter, we don't really have one this year...

You don't think Noodle Arm with the plethora of backwards K's is a good leadoff hitter? :redneck

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 06:27 PM

Give me one good reason why it wouldn't work?

If I stated publicly I would rather have Sweeney playing LF for the rest of the season, why would I not prefer Rowand as well (of course, he's injured, but hypothetically...)

This team needs a spark, and Rowand and C. Everett helped provide it. I never thought I would say that, I was never a big Rowand fan (too many K's, weak groundouts, overrated arm, bad routes, one really good year offensively when he had all those doubles) BUT...

he just might be the spark this team is missing. I was at the games in KC and we're just so laid-back, non-chalant. It's not only players like Anderson, Garcia and Garland. It's the entire team. There's just not that intensity...it disappeared after the Yankees, Tigers and Twins were on the schedule.

We keep playing down to our competition. When we play good teams, we usually rise to the occasion and elevate our game, but this season, we can't establish any rhythm. If it's not coming from the starting pitching, it has to come from either Guillen or a player out in the field. Sometimes, I would swear that Jenks, Pablo Ozuna and Mackowiak are the only players excited to be playing baseball instead of working 9 to 5.

kittle42
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/Rowand1.gif

Perfect.

Palehose13
caulfield-

Now that Chips has given us his insight, do you see what I was worried about? :wink:

Palehose13
09-04-2006, 06:29 PM

If I stated publicly I would rather have Sweeney playing LF for the rest of the season, why would I not prefer Rowand as well (of course, he's injured, but hypothetically...)

This team needs a spark, and Rowand and C. Everett helped provide it. I never thought I would say that, I was never a big Rowand fan (too many K's, weak groundouts, overrated arm, bad routes, one really good year offensively when he had all those doubles) BUT...

he just might be the spark this team is missing. I was at the games in KC and we're just so laid-back, non-chalant. It's not only players like Anderson, Garcia and Garland. It's the entire team. There's just not that intensity...it disappeared after the Yankees, Tigers and Twins were on the schedule.

We keep playing down to our competition. When we play good teams, we usually rise to the occasion and elevate our game, but this season, we can't establish any rhythm. If it's not coming from the starting pitching, it has to come from either Guillen or a player out in the field.

This is who I want in LF next year:
Carl Crawford.

I don't care what it takes to get him. I'd package up 2-3 top prospects for him. But then again, that is why KW is the general manager and I'm not.

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 06:34 PM
I'll state this...I was never even convinced that we could win a WS with Rowand and Uribe on this team. I think I posted that in the Spring of 2005, in fact, on the chisox.com board.

I always felt he was a fourth outfielder on a championship-caliber team. Well, he proved me wrong. Obviously, he doesn't have Anderson's natural talent, and I'm not even arguing he should start in CF, I would rather he played LF.

I just don't expect that spark on this team to come from the starters anymore. We've been waiting and waiting and hoping and praying and parsing the words of Don Cooper looking for something to believe in.

This team simply has to dig deep and stand up and take the bull by the horns. The door is wide open, or at least it was entering this week...now it's closing on us. We really need to open up some breathing room and also hope that the Tigers can take 3/4 against Minnesota. Santana will be going in that series, so it's looking like a split. But we have to show up and play like we care instead of waiting until our backs are against the wall.

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Carl Crawford.

I don't care what it takes to get him. I'd package up 2-3 top prospects for him. But then again, that is why KW is the general manager and I'm not.

I just don't see a way to get this done without McCarty.

I guess if we're willing to give up Fields AND Broadway or Sweeny AND Broadway....then maybe. Remember, Crawford has a very much favorable, "below market" deal which makes him even more valuable.

I just don't like that risk. Crawford has his weaknesses...he's not a natural leadoff hitter and doesn't walk enough.

If Buehrle and Contreras never return 100% to ace status and we lose Buehrle...we're going to really have to scramble. I think we really need to be careful to do everything possible not to trade any more of our young pitching, particularly Broadway and McCarthy.

1951Campbell
09-04-2006, 06:40 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/martin_fierro/This%20Thread%20Is%20Gay/this_thread_makes_my_brain_hurt_ani.gif

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, we finally have our "status quo" best overall line-up in there. I'll give Pods a couple of more games to get straigtened out, then I'm done.

fquaye149
09-04-2006, 07:24 PM

We keep playing down to our competition. When we play good teams, we usually rise to the occasion and elevate our game, but this season, we can't establish any rhythm. If it's not coming from the starting pitching, it has to come from either Guillen or a player out in the field. Sometimes, I would swear that Jenks, Pablo Ozuna and Mackowiak are the only players excited to be playing baseball instead of working 9 to 5.

I'm not convinced that Rowand offers an excessive offensive boostover Anderson as a 4th outfielder. We've been over a million times how much better Anderson's defense is, so all you would have is Rowand taking Anderson's place and Mackowiack platooning with Rowand.

Ozzie seems convinced that we need a left-handed bat and higher avg to platoon with Anderson. That's what he wants. If it were up to me, I'd play Anderson every day, but that's not what Ozzie wants. I think we already have an adequate 4th outfielder in Mack, provided he only starts once a week. That's obviously not how Ozzie sees it, but I don't see how Rowarnd will help Ozzie field a more competitive team.

If you are talking about Rowand in left, that definitely gives us a better defensive outfield, but even with Podsednik's struggles, I'll still take his bat over crash's. Crash fills a role we don't need offensively. Podsednik fills a role we do need, albeit poorly. Furthermore, I have no reason to believe Rowand will play a better left-field. When was the last time he played there? He would probably be fine...but you can't just assume players will adjust....you forget how to play it after a while (remember Podsednik in CF last year...only one year removed from playing it?)

soxinem1
09-04-2006, 07:50 PM
The Sox are better off sticking with the Opening Day line up the rest of the year.

Besides, maybe Ozzie has Pods holding back so he can run down everyone's throats in the playoffs!!!

In all honesty, who has the type of lead-off man we seek, who they won't break the bank having to give anything up for. Usually these guys are not expendable.

Unless it's Juan Pierre. Don't believe me?

Well.... who else fits the mold of an Ozzie-type player? I'm not saying he's my pick, but don't be suprised to see the White Sox pursue him.

The Dude
09-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I think this thread needs one of those TDG tags!:redneck

Chips
09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
I think this thread needs one of those TDG tags!:redneck

You mean this one?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4715&d=1155013517

The Dude
09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
You mean this one?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4715&d=1155013517

Exactly! But I didn't want to dig it up!:redneck

Kub_Killer_15
09-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Well if he does some how come back to the southside this thread wouldnt suck so much:redneck

JB98
09-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Carl Crawford.

Cosign. I'm a Crawford fan too. He's too good to be rotting down there in Tampa Bay. Why shouldn't the Sox be the team to rescue him?

The only thing is, KW wants to trade one of our veteran starters. Tampa Bay would probably ask for McCarthy. I doubt the Devil Rays are willing to take on the hefty salaries of Garcia or Vazquez, even if only for a year.

SoxFanPrope
09-05-2006, 01:21 AM
If this happens do we get to see a thread on dumb Aaron Rowand quotes next year?

chisoxmike
09-05-2006, 01:29 AM

:threadblows:

ROWAND IS GONE, CRY ME A ****ING RIVER. :violin:

We have better ****ing things to worry about on this team right now than a past AVERAGE player coming back to take the place of a below average left fielder.

It's not the outfield people should worry about or our lineup, it's our pitching staff. If they could pitch just HALF of what they did last year and our bullpen can hold ****ing close games we wouldn't be having threads like this and we'd be cruising into the playoffs. Tonight had to have been the 10th game the Sox have thrown away by relief pitching that can't get the job done or the "ability" to make average opposing pitchers look like the second coming of Cy Young.

NEWS FLASH: THIS TEAM WOULD STILL BE IN SECOND PLACE AND FIGHTING FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT IF ROWAND WAS ON THE TEAM! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PITCHING!

Palehose13
09-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Um yeah, mike. We know about the pitching staff. Do me a favor and stay away from any reference of Rowand. :wink:

Domeshot17
09-05-2006, 01:25 PM
It will always be someone I guess. My girlfriend is already getting real sad knowing Pods probably doesnt come back. Then we will have all the bring back pods thread. How bad is Aarons bat, really? In the weak as all hell NL East, in a hitter friendly park, Aaron is hitting .262 with a .320 OBP. Pods has a similiar average and a higher OBP.

I loved Aaron Rowand, but man, these threads just get so old. If you are going to replace Podsednik, UPGRADE, don't lateral. We have enough bottom of the order hitters, if Pods goes, you need a lead off man. That will either have to be in LF or at SS and trade Uribe. Unless you can pry Young or Kinsler off the Rangers, It looks like you need a LF who can lead off. That isnt Rowand. It also probably isnt Carl Crawford.

Here is some guys who might fit the bill

SS-Omar Vizquel, currently hitting 306 with a 370 OBP and 24sbs
Orlando Cabrera-Real Crap Shoot, has tremendous ceiling, but could be a bust leading off.

OF-Willie Tavares(although the hit streak might just have taken him back off the market)
Jaun Pierre-Pods type player, faster, little more consistent bat
Chris Burke-not protypical fast, but decent defender 280-360obp guy
Brady Clark

Im Sure there is more, just a few that jumped out right away

caulfield12
09-05-2006, 01:39 PM
It will always be someone I guess. My girlfriend is already getting real sad knowing Pods probably doesnt come back. Then we will have all the bring back pods thread. How bad is Aarons bat, really? In the weak as all hell NL East, in a hitter friendly park, Aaron is hitting .262 with a .320 OBP. Pods has a similiar average and a higher OBP.

I loved Aaron Rowand, but man, these threads just get so old. If you are going to replace Podsednik, UPGRADE, don't lateral. We have enough bottom of the order hitters, if Pods goes, you need a lead off man. That will either have to be in LF or at SS and trade Uribe. Unless you can pry Young or Kinsler off the Rangers, It looks like you need a LF who can lead off. That isnt Rowand. It also probably isnt Carl Crawford.

Here is some guys who might fit the bill

Orlando Cabrera-Real Crap Shoot, has tremendous ceiling, but could be a bust leading off.

OF-Willie Tavares(although the hit streak might just have taken him back off the market)
Brady Clark

Im Sure there is more, just a few that jumped out right away

Okay, but how many of those are upgrades? At Vizquel's age, you're taking a big chance. None of these guys could you even say at least there's a better than 75% chance at improving the position. The Clarks and Dave Roberts of the world aren't much to get excited about, IMO.

I can't imagine the Astros will give up on Taveras so quickly. They have a bloated payroll and need to "nurture" their younger players instead of trading them away. They lose Clemens' contract, but I don't think they are in a hurry to trade either Burke or Taveras.

Who are you going to give them to get Cabrera? And what if they don't want Uribe back? That makes it even more complicated...we would need to trade them another prospect with Uribe.

Baby Fisk
09-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Carl Crawford.

I don't care what it takes to get him.

Abso-freakin-lutely! If we're talking about acquiring a new outfielder for next season, there are a lot of names that should come up before Rowand. Rowand The Myth ridiculously overshadows Rowand The Actual Outfielder, and all of his deficiencies.

Yeah, I love the guy because he crashes his face into fences, not because he's a great outfielder. The Sox could do better than Rowand.

:KW
"Trust me, they will."

Domeshot17
09-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Who are you going to give them to get Cabrera? And what if they don't want Uribe back? That makes it even more complicated...we would need to trade them another prospect with Uribe.

They have got the best thing since sliced bread waiting for a chance in Brandon Wood. The way we talk about Tejada now is the way we will talk of Brandon Wood in the future. They also have Erick Aybar. Both are going to be better then Cabrera even if they dont max their potential. I would assume Cabrera could be had, they may be looking for a starting pitcher or wanting to package several players together for a big hitter.

And if it is going to cost us too much to get Cabrera, are we just going to get Crawford for free?

The point was, for all the replace pods stuff, there might not be much out there in terms of a lead off hitter. I would rather take my chances on Sweeney Fields Owens or starting Pablo then bringing back Rowand

soxinem1
09-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. Why do people think we can take 2-3 players we want to doscard and trade them for some star player? Uribe and Vasquez for Tejada-type trades are not going to happen, unless it is with a team like Pittsburgh.

We should realize KW is pretty creative with trades, so realize the fact that others who we don't see as players we want to trade may be part of such deals.

CLR01
09-05-2006, 02:22 PM

If a cheerleader is what you want bring him in to be batboy. Don't waste a roster spot on that bum.

CLR01
09-05-2006, 02:23 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/martin_fierro/This%20Thread%20Is%20Gay/this_thread_makes_my_brain_hurt_ani.gif

You need to post it three times to get the full effect. :D:

PaulDrake
09-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Carl Crawford.

Me too, but only if it can be done without parting with too much of an already depleted farm system.

DaleJRFan
09-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Depending on how well Sweeney performs this September, we might not need to start any more "Who will be the 2007 LF" threads...

According to an Ozzie quote in today's Merkin Sox notes, Ryan Sweeney get the call in RF tonight to spell JD and his back spasms. Can't wait to see Ryan against major league pitching.

caulfield12
09-05-2006, 03:04 PM
They have got the best thing since sliced bread waiting for a chance in Brandon Wood. The way we talk about Tejada now is the way we will talk of Brandon Wood in the future. They also have Erick Aybar. Both are going to be better then Cabrera even if they dont max their potential. I would assume Cabrera could be had, they may be looking for a starting pitcher or wanting to package several players together for a big hitter.

And if it is going to cost us too much to get Cabrera, are we just going to get Crawford for free?

The point was, for all the replace pods stuff, there might not be much out there in terms of a lead off hitter. I would rather take my chances on Sweeney Fields Owens or starting Pablo then bringing back Rowand

Okay, I forgot about the Angels' minor league SS situation, but that still leaves us with three shortstops on the roster after the acquisition.

KW doesn't like to be in this situation, except with starting pitching. We're not going to get full value for Uribe when every GM knows we need to dump him.

Then you have to actually believe Stoneman is going to deal ANY player...the Angels have been so reluctant to trade anyone the last couple of years.

caulfield12
09-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Depending on how well Sweeney performs this September, we might not need to start any more "Who will be the 2007 LF" threads...

According to an Ozzie quote in today's Merkin Sox notes, Ryan Sweeney get the call in RF tonight to spell JD and his back spasms. Can't wait to see Ryan against major league pitching.

The only problem is I can't see Sweeney being the leadoff hitter next year as a rookie. Ozuna will leadoff tonight undoubtedly.

They need to do something with Uribe (Vizquel or Rollins) in order for this to work. Eventually, Sweeney will end up in RF replacing Dye, unless we sign Jermaine long-term.

Otherwise, we have to trade Sweeney OR Fields, because they both won't fit on this team unless we trade Konerko OR Crede.

Domeshot17
09-05-2006, 03:11 PM
whats the full market value for solid gloved, strong by wild armed, inconsistent at best hitting short stop? if you can get a B spec for uribe i would jump on it in a second

caulfield12
09-05-2006, 03:41 PM
whats the full market value for solid gloved, strong by wild armed, inconsistent at best hitting short stop? if you can get a B spec for uribe i would jump on it in a second

Look at it the way we appraised Gload.

How many teams would have Uribe as their CLEAR starter over their present options at that position?

Eckstein ?
Toronto ?
Cubs ?
Astros ?
Royals ?
Rockies ?
Bartlett ?
A. Gonzalez ?

There aren't a whole lot of teams you can make a definitive argument that Uribe is a better player for their future.

DaleJRFan
09-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Look at it the way we appraised Gload.

How many teams would have Uribe as their CLEAR starter over their present options at that position?

Eckstein ?
Toronto ?
Cubs ?
Astros ?
Royals ?
Rockies ?
Bartlett ?
A. Gonzalez ?

There aren't a whole lot of teams you can make a definitive argument that Uribe is a better player for their future.

your post is "Dead-on Balls Accurate" ....

There are only a handful of MLB teams that would benefit from adding Uribe. Let's take a look. Maybe someone can fill-in where these team's SS prospects fit in, depth/future-wise....

NL West:
SD: Greene
COL: Tulowitzki/Barmes
ARZ: Drew
LA: Furcal
SF: Vizquel (??? after 2006/2007)

NL Central:
CHC: Cedeno, Izturis
STL: Eckstein
PIT: Sanchez, Wilson
MIL: Hall, Weeks, Hardy
Cinci: the Choice???
HOU: Everett???

NL East:
NYM: Reyes
ATL: Renteria
PHI: Rollins
FLA: Ramirez
WDC: Lopez

AL West:
SEA: Betencourt ????
TEX: Young
LAA: Cabrera
OAK: Scutaro ??? (Uribe is perfect for moneyball / sabrmetrics!!!)

AL Central:
CLE: Peralta
DET: Guillen
KC: Berroa ??
MIN: Bartlett (is he really a 320 hitter???)

AL East:
BAL: Tejada
NYY: Jeter/A-Rod
BOS: Gonzalez (2007??)
TOR: McDonald/Hill/Adams????
TB: Zobrist?? Is Upton a 3B???

To sum it up, only Cincinatti, KC, Boston, Tampa Bay, Houston, and MAYBE San Fran or Seattle would benefit from adding Uribe to be their starting SS. What could those teams possibly send us back that would benefit the team (REASONABLY! - No Carl Crawford for Uribe posts, please)??

I have a feeling Uribe is playing out his contract and will then become the bench player he was always meant to be, on someone else's team. Either that, or we all will have to learn to deal with Uribe's sidearm throws across the diamond and his inability to take pitches. There isn't much available as an upgrade and we aren't deep with SS potential in the minors.

caulfield12
09-05-2006, 04:41 PM
your post is "Dead-on Balls Accurate" ....

There are only a handful of MLB teams that would benefit from adding Uribe. Let's take a look. Maybe someone can fill-in where these team's SS prospects fit in, depth/future-wise....

NL West:
SD: Greene
COL: Tulowitzki/Barmes
ARZ: Drew
LA: Furcal
SF: Vizquel (??? after 2006/2007)

NL Central:
CHC: Cedeno, Izturis
STL: Eckstein
PIT: Sanchez, Wilson
MIL: Hall, Weeks, Hardy
Cinci: the Choice???
HOU: Everett???

NL East:
NYM: Reyes
ATL: Renteria
PHI: Rollins
FLA: Ramirez
WDC: Lopez

AL West:
SEA: Betencourt ????
TEX: Young
LAA: Cabrera
OAK: Scutaro ??? (Uribe is perfect for moneyball / sabrmetrics!!!)

AL Central:
CLE: Peralta
DET: Guillen
KC: Berroa ??
MIN: Bartlett (is he really a 320 hitter???)

AL East:
BAL: Tejada
NYY: Jeter/A-Rod
BOS: Gonzalez (2007??)
TOR: McDonald/Hill/Adams????
TB: Zobrist?? Is Upton a 3B???

To sum it up, only Cincinatti, KC, Boston, Tampa Bay, Houston, and MAYBE San Fran or Seattle would benefit from adding Uribe to be their starting SS. What could those teams possibly send us back that would benefit the team (REASONABLY! - No Carl Crawford for Uribe posts, please)??

I have a feeling Uribe is playing out his contract and will then become the bench player he was always meant to be, on someone else's team. Either that, or we all will have to learn to deal with Uribe's sidearm throws across the diamond and his inability to take pitches. There isn't much available as an upgrade and we aren't deep with SS potential in the minors.

I think the D-Rays would prefer Zobrist or Upton, although BJ looks ticketed for 3B, 2B or the OF. Seattle loves Betancourt from what I've heard.

Toronto, KC, Cincy...that would be about it. And Oakland has/will have Crosby, who many thought could compete for the MVP this year. Maybe the Astros, although I think they wouldn't mind the defensive lapses for an offensive upgrade. Pretty even there w/ Everett.

Maybe we'll get our often discussed Vizquel FOR Uribe deal. That's a pretty fair trade with pros and cons on both sides of the argument....long-term versus short-term, etc.

Sox Fan 35
09-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Rowand is one of my favorite players but this is pointless, if he is back in Chicago next year thats great, if not oh well. Its time to move on.

Brady Clark

I like Vizquel but he is around 40. None of the others are that great. I would rather see Pods back than any of the others.

chisoxmike
09-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Rowand is one of my favorite players but this is pointless, if he is back in Chicago next year thats great, if not oh well. Its time to move on.

I like Vizquel but he is around 40. None of the others are that great. I would rather see Pods back than any of the others.

:?:

Way to dig up a old thread. Oh yeah, Rowand isn't coming back.

Sox Fan 35
09-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I didn't see the date.:redface:

jenn2080
09-17-2006, 11:14 PM
:chunks

DumpJerry
09-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Caufield, I took you off my ignore list and you go ahead and do this! Sigh....back on the list.

Rowand is a piece of **** fielder and baserunner.

His only good quality, as noted above, is cheerleader.

jenn2080
09-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Caufield, I took you off my ignore list and you go ahead and do this! Sigh....back on the list.

maybe since he is out he can come and sit on the sox bench and cheer for our team.

Chips
09-18-2006, 12:01 AM

I think I'm putting him back on ignore as well.

You're forgetting that he is really good at hitting groundballs to the shortstop every ****ing at-bat.

DumpJerry
09-18-2006, 12:03 AM
I think I'm putting him back on ignore as well.

You're forgetting that he is really good at hitting groundballs to the shortstop every ****ing at-bat.
Oh yeah, I forgot. I keep thinking about how he robbed AJ of a double in the World Series last year because he has no clue where the ball is headed. That play probably sealed his fate.

jenn2080
09-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot. I keep thinking about how he robbed AJ of a double in the World Series last year because he has no clue where the ball is headed. That play probably sealed his fate.

Rowand may look good in a skirt and pom poms

LuvSox
09-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Forget Rowand. He had one good year. He was quite the mopey **** before that.

CLR01
09-18-2006, 01:57 AM
Forget Rowand. He had one good year. He was quite the mopey **** before that.

Rowand would make an excellent bat boy. He could probably do a good job of raking the infield too.

Chips
09-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Rowand would make an excellent bat boy. He could probably do a good job of raking the infield too.

I'm sure he **** that up as well.

Thome25
09-18-2006, 09:36 AM
I'd accept him back as a fourth outfielder. He's much better than Mackowiak out there in CF when Ozzie benches Anderson every third game.

I'm not saying we should get Rowand back but, I believe that the White Sox should look for a new CF and LF and make Anderson the 4th outfielder.

Shades of Jeff Abbott anyone? That's what Anderson is looking like to me. A heralded OF prospect who ended up being a 4th outfielder for a little while.

DaleJRFan
09-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Shades of Jeff Abbott anyone? That's what Anderson is looking like to me. A heralded OF prospect who ended up being a 4th outfielder for a little while.

:?: What? He hit like crap for two months and has been a 300 hitting doubles machine since June. He's a rookie for cryin out loud!

I wonder what he did to piss off Ozzie... must have been pretty bad. Maybe Ozzie is turning into Dusty Baker... gotta have veterans out there, no rookies!!!

jenn2080
09-18-2006, 02:12 PM
:?: What? He hit like crap for two months and has been a 300 hitting doubles machine since June. He's a rookie for cryin out loud!

I wonder what he did to piss off Ozzie... must have been pretty bad. Maybe Ozzie is turning into Dusty Baker... gotta have veterans out there, no rookies!!!

You didnt get the memo that Brian was suppose to come in hitting .300 with 30+HR and 100 RBIs?

Hangar18
09-20-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm not saying we should get Rowand back but, I believe that the White Sox should look for a new CF and LF and make Anderson the 4th outfielder.

AGREED

DumpJerry
09-20-2006, 10:09 AM

AGREED
Ozzie, is that you? BA is one of, if not the, best gloves in CF in the American League. His bat is fine. BA will be an all-star within the next three years, more likely two.

Hitmen77
09-20-2006, 10:12 AM

No, but I would agree that the Sox should get a 4th outfielder to back up BA who is at least passable in CF.

Hitmen77
09-20-2006, 10:14 AM

After a difficult first 2 months, BA is hitting .290 since that time.

Is there any basis for your statement? Or do you think any rookie that doesn't hit .300 right out of the gate is the next Jeff Abbott?

jenn2080
09-20-2006, 10:15 AM
No, but I would agree that the Sox should get a 4th outfielder to back up BA who is at least passable in CF.

:thumbsup:

That was the only thing that I think Kenny lacked during the off season.