From ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2572990

Lip

kidmccarthy
09-04-2006, 02:16 PM
uh-oh.

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, the reality is that he's been out a month now.

Even if he started this weekend, it would be impossible for him to get past five innings, because you know they'll have him on a strict pitch count.

I assume Silva would be the one booted from the rotation.

We're talking 3, 4 starts tops. Of course, everyone is consumed by him starting against us the last series of the season.

Twins Win
09-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Here's the latest news ....

Liriano (elbow/forearm) threw 50 pitches during a three-inning simulated game on Wednesday, the Associated Press reports. "I have no pain, no soreness," Liriano said. "Everything is normal so far."

Liriano felt fine after the simulated start, and may rejoin the Twins' rotation next week. He'll next make a rehab outing with Triple-A Rochester on Saturday before returning to the Minnesota rotation on Sept. 13 or 14.

soltrain21
09-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I refuse to believe any of this. If living in Chicago has taught us anything it has been to never trust a team when they talk about certain pitcher's health.

I will believe he is fine when he is out there going 6+ and giving up 2 or so runs.

The Immigrant
09-07-2006, 01:59 PM
He'll next make a rehab outing with Triple-A Rochester on Saturday before returning to the Minnesota rotation on Sept. 13 or 14.

Hogwash. He'll be in the bullpen if he remains pain free.

doublem23
09-07-2006, 04:01 PM
I hope Ron Gardenhire runs him out there for 130 pitches his first day back.

****ing Twins.

Tekijawa
09-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Mike and Mike Speculated this morning that if he came back on the 14th that he would start against the Sox on the 29th, and then we would get Santana the last game of the season... Let's start winning now boys!

Iwritecode
09-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Mike and Mike Speculated this morning that if he came back on the 14th that he would start against the Sox on the 29th, and then we would get Santana the last game of the season... Let's start winning now boys!

He hasn't faced the Sox yet this year. That is probably a good thing but might be a bad thing. We all know what they do against pitcher they've never seen before. Especially really good pitchers they've never seen before.

On the other hand, the Tigers have really ripped him apart this year. Cleveland hasn't done too bad against him either. I know the Sox offense is comparable to those two teams...

Tekijawa
09-07-2006, 04:22 PM
He hasn't faced the Sox yet this year. That is probably a good thing but might be a bad thing. We all know what they do against pitcher they've never seen before. Especially really good pitchers they've never seen before.

He hasn't STARTED against us, but we did face him and we didn't look good at all, he came in a game for relief (I want to say it was a Sylva game) and I picked him up in everyone of my yahoo teams the next day... They started him a week later and I ran my pitching stats through the roof for a few months!

FielderJones
09-07-2006, 04:29 PM
If living in Chicago has taught us anything it has been to never trust a team when they talk about certain pitcher's health.

... and that pitching simulated innings does not translate into pitching real innings.

roylestillman
09-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Bah! He hasn't even gotten to the towel throwing part yet.

What?

Jerko
09-07-2006, 04:36 PM
He hasn't STARTED against us, but we did face him and we didn't look good at all, he came in a game for relief (I want to say it was a Sylva game) and I picked him up in everyone of my yahoo teams the next day... They started him a week later and I ran my pitching stats through the roof for a few months!

IIRC that was the first Javy 'meltdown' game of the season. I think the Sox were up 4-0 and then the Twins put up a 5 spot.