PDA

View Full Version : hermanson

emalit1
09-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Anyone know what is going on with dustin hermanson, if its possible we will see him again?

ChiSoxGirl
09-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Rick Hahn was on White Sox Weekly Saturday morning with Chris Rongey, and I believe Rongey posed this question to him. Hahn said that Hermanson (along with a few others, whose names escape me right now) would be part of a second and/or final round of call-ups from Charlotte. This wouldn't occur until the Knights capture the International League Championship or are knocked out of postseason play. Hermanson definitely seems to be in the plans for the big club down the stretch, though.

Chez
09-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Rick Hahn was on White Sox Weekly Saturday morning with Chris Rongey, and I believe Rongey posed this question to him. Hahn said that Hermanson (along with a few others, whose names escape me right now) would be part of a second and/or final round of call-ups from Charlotte. This wouldn't occur until the Knights capture the International League Championship or are knocked out of postseason play. Hermanson definitely seems to be in the plans for the big club down the stretch, though.

Well that makes little sense. Not many of us care how Charlotte does in the International League Playoffs. If Dustin or anyone else (Fields, Tracey, Owens) can help the Sox win one more game in September, then get them up here TODAY. Last I checked, one game could make a difference in this race. And if it means that Charlotte doesn't survive the first round, what Sox fan or Sox player really cares?

NonetheLoaiza
09-04-2006, 11:27 AM
I, for one, would love to see the ovation (no matter how big or small) Hermanson gets when he steps on the mound at the Cell again. I hope he gets a nice, belated ovation when he pitches again.

soxinem1
09-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Funny how he, an established major league pitcher, stays in AAA while Logan and Haeger, two of their best and most key performers during the season, get called up with about 25 innings of ML labor between them.

Soxfanspcu11
09-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I, for one, would love to see the ovation (no matter how big or small) Hermanson gets when he steps on the mound at the Cell again. I hope he gets a nice, belated ovation when he pitches again.

He would recieve a HUGE ovation if/when he ever pitched again. However, I just don't see that happening. Ir really pains me to say it but I believe that his career is over. The only chance for him to pitch again would be as an inning eater for some crappy national league team, IMHO. I certainly do not believe he can help the Sox this year, or in the future.

Gregory Pratt
09-04-2006, 08:42 PM
When they bring Dustin back up, it'll be for one game and just as a sign of respect to him. I think that Kenny and Ozzie feel they owe him another appearance for everything he's done for him and how hard he's tried to get healthy.

He isn't, and never will be, IMO, but I do believe that we owe him a batter, at least.