PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Boston

HeGone173
09-04-2006, 12:42 AM
I'll be heading out to Boston for an extended Labor Day weekend to catch Game 1 & 2 of the ChiSox & BoSox series. Anyone else hitting the road? It's my first trip to Fenway and I am excited.

The Dude
09-04-2006, 12:46 AM
I'll be heading out to Boston for an extended Labor Day weekend to catch Game 1 & 2 of the ChiSox & BoSox series. Anyone else hitting the road? It's my first trip to Fenway and I am excited.

I wouldn't want to set foot in that Dump let alone watch the Red Sox-White Sox games in person. I honestly have sold all of my tickets VS the Red Sox because I can't stand their fans.

chisoxmike
09-04-2006, 12:49 AM
I wouldn't want to set foot in that Dump let alone watch the Red Sox-White Sox games in person. I honestly have sold all of my tickets VS the Red Sox because I can't stand their fans.

Yep, I can't stand a few hundred of them when they invade our place, imagine 40,000 of them.

:bundy

HeGone173
09-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah I am a bit worried as I'm going alone, my friend bailed on me but I did not want to miss the chance.

A. Cavatica
09-04-2006, 12:52 AM
I think they'll be humbler for the rest of this season, at least.

chisoxmike
09-04-2006, 12:54 AM
I think they'll be humbler for the rest of this season, at least.

Doubt it, they still think they and the Yankees are the only two teams in baseball.

Martinigirl
09-04-2006, 01:05 AM
I went last year and I thought the fans in Boston were great. They couldn't have been nicer.

But, for whatever reason, the Boston fans that came to Chicago for the series this year were just *******s. Now granted, the game I was at, we played as if we were asleep, but the BoSox fans were rude and condescending, that includes the ones in the stands, as well as in the Stadium Club (and I still can't figure out how so many of them got up there).

HeGone173
09-04-2006, 01:08 AM
With the holiday weekend I'm hoping to see a good turnout from road tripping Sox fans. If I recall the last series in Boston showed good attendance from Sox fans.

alohafri
09-04-2006, 01:55 PM
I went last year and I thought the fans in Boston were great. They couldn't have been nicer.

I agree. We were able to get to the Friday night game after waiting in the "last minute release of tickets" line. We had horrible seats in the right field corner, facing the White Sox bull pen. We sat next to a local Red Sox fan who had just returned from a trip to Safeco Field. He said that once he walked into Safeco, he told his wife, "They have to tear that dump down." You'd never hear Cubbie saying that about the Shrine. I told him, "you are a true Red Sox fan." We bantered back and forth a bit, and he was saying how much he disliked Fenway Park fans. I told him he sounded like a White Sox fan. He said it was his wife's influence, who spent a couple of years in Orland Park before they got married.

cbrownson13
09-04-2006, 02:33 PM
I went two summers ago. Boston is a great place. The fans were very nice and I enjoyed it immensely. The park is beautiful, truly one of the greatest. I reccommend taking the $10 tour before the game.

Beer Can Chicken
09-04-2006, 02:38 PM
I went 4 years ago. Fenway is awesome but Red Sox fans are the worst. They are so smug and arrogant. I honestly think I dislike them more than Cubs fans.

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 02:38 PM

Hopefully the Grackle will be attending in my stead.

Rockin Robin
09-04-2006, 03:43 PM
red sox fans at fenway, for the most part, are decent human beings...you'll always have a few knuckleheads, but whatever

red sox fans that travel, however...uggggg

oh, and i'll be there tonight

palehosepub
09-04-2006, 04:27 PM
My 12 year old son and I are in Boston for the Labor day weekend, great city, great food, loved Fenway last night - saw the Blue Jays beat the Carmines in the rain. Fans really have been great, friendly, knowledgeable. I have to admit I was a bit prejudiced from what I saw of Red Sox fans at US Cellular. Staying in the Boston at The Westin Copley Hotel where the Palehose stay. A few dozen Sox sox fans here, rode the elevator down with Neil Cotts and his girlfriend (editorial comment 10+). My son had his picture taken with Mike Macdougal, very nice guy, took the time out to talk to us.
We need to bring home a winner here as Minnie & Detroilet has already won. Thanks to Scottiehaswheels for tonights tickets, looks like a great location behind home plate!

gbergman
09-04-2006, 04:28 PM
I went to Fenway last year for the august 15 rainout. Overall it was a good experience except for the bad weather.

HeGone173
09-04-2006, 11:33 PM
My 12 year old son and I are in Boston for the Labor day weekend, great city, great food, loved Fenway last night - saw the Blue Jays beat the Carmines in the rain. Fans really have been great, friendly, knowledgeable. I have to admit I was a bit prejudiced from what I saw of Red Sox fans at US Cellular. Staying in the Boston at The Westin Copley Hotel where the Palehose stay. A few dozen Sox sox fans here, rode the elevator down with Neil Cotts and his girlfriend (editorial comment 10+). My son had his picture taken with Mike Macdougal, very nice guy, took the time out to talk to us.
We need to bring home a winner here as Minnie & Detroilet has already won. Thanks to Scottiehaswheels for tonights tickets, looks like a great location behind home plate!

I'm across the street at the Fairmont (scored a good deal on Priceline). Had a great time tonight sitting in Right Field Box #1 three rows up from the first baseline. It looked like a good turnout from Chicago fans, but most were in the bleachers. Only one pair of White Sox fans near me, they were in town for a wedding and wanted to catch a game. Got some good natured heckling from the Bostonians, though nothing rough at all. I was hoping to spot some players or at least commiserate with some fans after the game, so I went to Bar 10 at the Westin. Not much going on there so I took off after a few drinks.

Tomorrow: Sleep in, sightsee, do some work, then Game 2. Hope we wind up better than tonight.

P.S. Did get a high-five from Lee while he was helping the starters with warm-ups.

palehosepub
09-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Tough,tough game last night. Fans were generally OK at the game got a few comments after the Pena home run, to be expected I guess. Did stop at Bar 10 after the game, Freddy and Ozzie had a big table of people in the back. Thome and Hawk were at the bar. Garland was sitting on cellphone in the lobby for a long time, wanted to congrat him on a good game, never had the chance. Overall I would do it again, Westin is quite pricey ($40 to park!) but my son enjoyed seeing the players and getting his picture taken with them so I would say it is worth it

alohafri
09-05-2006, 11:45 AM
A few dozen Sox sox fans here, rode the elevator down with Neil Cotts and his girlfriend (editorial comment 10+).

We saw him go up the elevator with 2 girls last year. Is his poor pitching affecting his love life? ;)

ChetChat
09-05-2006, 01:17 PM
We saw him go up the elevator with 2 girls last year. Is his poor pitching affecting his love life? ;)

Hey, leave his personal life out of this! :smile:
I just got back from Boston this morning after last night's game... Garland was awesome, too bad we lost. All in all Boston fans are nice and I love going there year after year.