PDA

View Full Version : This space reserved for dumb Garcia quotes

caulfield12
09-03-2006, 09:35 PM
after the loss.

"I really had good stuff today. Felt good, worked up a sweat. I didn't let any of their best hitters beat me. If the offense would have showed up, I would have had my 14th win.

The defense didn't help me out much. We should have turned a double play before what's his name hit that bomb. And I have no idea what Juan and Pablo are doing out there. They need to talk, get it together. But when that ball dropped in (Grudzielanek), I did a great job pitching over the mistake.

KC has been hitting better than any team in the majors. They just beat the Twins up in the Dome. I mean, what can you do? I didn't even give up any stolen bases today. That's what we focused on in our pregame meeting and we executed that plan."

This is my sarcastic prediction and not to be responded to in seriousness, because he didn't say it...just sounds like something he MIGHT say in reaction. We'll see.

Chips
09-03-2006, 09:38 PM
after the loss.

"I really had good stuff today. Felt good, worked up a sweat. I didn't let any of their best hitters beat me. If the offense would have showed up, I would have had my 14th win.

The defense didn't help me out much. We should have turned a double play before what's his name hit that bomb. And I have no idea what Juan and Pablo are doing out there. They need to talk, get it together. But when that ball dropped in (Grudzielanek), I did a great job pitching over the mistake.

KC has been hitting better than any team in the majors. They just beat the Twins up in the Dome. I mean, what can you do? I didn't even give up any stolen bases today. That's what we focused on in our pregame meeting and we executed that plan."

This is my sarcastic prediction and not to be responded to in seriousness, because he didn't say it...just sounds like something he MIGHT say in reaction. We'll see.

I would have put the disclaimer at the beginning; I thought this was real and I was ready to ship Garcia out of town.

caulfield12
09-03-2006, 09:48 PM
"I pitched seven innings here, which for me is good," added Garcia with a smile, after falling to 0-2 against the Royals in 2006 and 8-9 over 22 career starts when facing Kansas City. "I throw the ball well, but I don't have too much success here."

"We have to play better, that's all," Garcia added. "We should play better against those guys. They are in last place, and we are a better team than they are. We have to come here and beat them. But they play hard, play good against good teams. What can you do?"
www.chisox.com (http://www.chisox.com)

"Seven innings for me here is good," Garcia said. "I tried to keep the game close, but we (that underachieving offense) couldn't come back and win."
www.dailysouthtown.com (http://www.dailysouthtown.com) (interesting the way Cowley spun the quote versus the White Sox site, lol)

I wasn't TOO far off, lol. I got the "what can you do?" part right at least.

Lip Man 1
09-03-2006, 10:47 PM
What the Sox "can do" is ship his sorry ass to Pittsburgh. Since they never play any 'big games,' maybe he'll be 0 for the season. (and no that's not in teal...)

Lip

caulfield12
09-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey, it worked nicely for Kip Wells his first two or three seasons w/ the Pirates.

I'll take one Jason Bay, then Sanchez...that woulda be nicea (Paciorek impression).

Would they be dumb enough to give us Zach Duke or Snell for Garcia? Gonzalez?

Brian26
09-03-2006, 11:43 PM
They gave away Aramis Ramirez, so anything is possible.

DumpJerry
09-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Crawford for Freddy.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Crawford for Freddy.

PINK ALERT PINK ALERT

thomas35forever
09-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Would they be dumb enough to give us Zach Duke or Snell for Garcia? Gonzalez?
I'll take Duke. He kills the Cubs. Maybe the Royals will be stupider to take him though.

buehrle4cy05
09-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Zach Duke or Snell for Garcia? Gonzalez?

The Pirates love getting guys on the downside of their career to play half a season for them before they trade them away for marginal prospects. I think Garcia fits that category.

Mike Gonzalez.:drool: That would be one hell of a bullpen.

buehrle4cy05
09-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Crawford for Freddy.

He was talking about Paxton Crawford.

Patrick134
09-04-2006, 01:54 AM
after the loss.

Worst post ever. Nice work.

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Worst post ever. Nice work.

Actually, it's probably 2nd worst. First is the one of yours from yesterday about how we gave such a battle to those Royals, played 'em tough.

Whatever. I was there and we DIDN'T play them tough.

We got walked over like Poland by Germany, and the Royals simply gave us the second game. More correctly, their bullpens tried to give us all three games, but we waited too late to fight. Don't confuse that with playing well, battling, competing, moral victories...ending up with a loss.

Dan H
09-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I don't care where the Sox ship Garcia next year or what they get for him. This guy has been lousy all year, and he can do his Jamie Navarro imitation elsewhere. Giving up four or five runs every seven innings doesn't make him a good pitcher. I am sure any number of guys can do that. In fact, if he can clear waivers, can they trade him now?

caulfield12
09-04-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't care where the Sox ship Garcia next year or what they get for him. This guy has been lousy all year, and he can do his Jamie Navarro imitation elsewhere. Giving up four or five runs every seven innings doesn't make him a good pitcher. I am sure any number of guys can do that. In fact, if he can clear waivers, can they trade him now?

The deadline was the end of last month. Four days too late.

But Ozzie said they weren't going to start McCarthy this season, so it really doesn't matter at this point. We're going to post with the horses that brought us home last year, come hell or high water.