PDA

View Full Version : 15.7%

caulfield12
09-03-2006, 03:59 PM
That's how many wins (8 out of 51) we have given to the worst team in the majors leagues this season.

We've been a .500 team for two months and nothing is surprising anymore.

AJ and Thome are horrible against lefties.
The offense sits back and waits for the long ball, deciding to play only when their backs are against the wall.

Both games I've seen Garcia pitch against the Royals (on the road, one a day game, where he supposedly excels) haven't been quality starts.
Big game and Garcia don't belong in the same sentence. Then again, he's a .500 career pitcher against the Royals and shouldn't even be allowed to pitch against teams below that mark. We might as well start Haeger, Broadway...anyone else. Garcia's body language out there is horrible. It's simply painful to watch him pitch these days. The highlight was one fastball that he got up to 92 MPH.

Ozzie shouldn't have started Garcia in the 8th inning, contributing to the big inning. The Cotts/McCarthy disaster in relief was 100% predictable.

As I type, we'll probably come back and lose by one, leaving runners stranded on the bases.

This team needs a lobotomy. They were flat until the Thome homer, then the next three batters went down without a fight. The homer kills rallies for this team.

The Dude
09-03-2006, 04:05 PM
That's how many wins (8 out of 51) we have given to the worst team in the majors leagues this season.

The offense sits back and waits for the long ball, deciding to play only when their backs are against the wall.

Both games I've seen Garcia pitch against the Royals (on the road, one a day game, where he supposedly excels) haven't been quality starts.
Big game and Garcia don't belong in the same sentence. Then again, he's a .500 career pitcher against the Royals and shouldn't even be allowed to pitch against teams below that mark. We might as well start Haeger, Broadway...anyone else. Garcia's body language out there is horrible. It's simply painful to watch him pitch these days. The highlight was one fastball that he got up to 92 MPH.

Ozzie shouldn't have started Garcia in the 8th inning, contributing to the big inning. The Cotts/McCarthy disaster in relief was 100% predictable.

As I type, we'll probably come back and lose by one, leaving runners stranded on the bases.

This team needs a lobotomy. They were flat until the Thome homer, then the next three batters went down without a fight. The homer kills rallies for this team.

This post really needs a seperate thread. :rolleyes:

QCIASOXFAN
09-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Its know real secret that lefties kick our ass.

caulfield12
09-03-2006, 04:13 PM
It was obvious Redman was working around Dye, who hasn't seen the ball well this series against lefties.

Thome and AJ simply had no chance up there.

We only had runners in scoring position twice before the Thome blast in the 8th, and Jermaine can't lead this team all by himself.

Crede just doesn't look good up there....I know he had a HR and 2 RBI's yesterday, but I was surprised Konerko/Crede/AJ went down so feebly against a very hittable Peralta.

We have 4 hits in 7 innings against Redman. At least Ozuna came to play and tried to spark the team.

Freddy this month against the worst team in baseball.

0-2
13.6 IP 9 ER

Apparently, it's not a "Big Game" unless the Twins would have won and we could have lost the WC lead. UGH!!!

TornLabrum
09-03-2006, 04:36 PM

Sorry, they don't need a lobotomy. They play like they've had a lobotomy.

caulfield12
09-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Ozzie is managing like he's had a lobotomy.

Why have we only played a few series with any sense of urgency in the second half?

NY and Detroit at home
Last two games at DET
Last game against the Twins on Sunday

It seems that we don't play as well now when we're not on ESPN or playing against lousy teams. Maybe the more difficult schedule from here on out (vis a vis the Twins) actually works in our favor...

We actually have a better record against teams with winning records than teams with below .500 records.

I only wish Schilling, Lester and Beckett were out there, or Wakefield and Wells, so that we'd take the Red Sox seriously as well.

You somehow know we'll end up losing those games to the "unknown" pitchers...it's a rule of thumb with this franchise recently. If we were playing the Yankees this weekend, those guys would have swept us. Now if it was Wang, Mussina and Johnson, we'd take 2/3 at least.

WSox597
09-03-2006, 05:08 PM
better record against teams with winning records than teams with below .500 records.

Well, that's a good thing, IF they make the playoffs. There won't be any teams in the playoffs with a losing record, at least not from the AL.:tongue:

StatHead21
09-03-2006, 05:42 PM
The homer kills rallies for this team.

No, the homer scores runs, Uribe and Pods are the real rally killers. Throw Alomar in there every 5th day and you've got 3 horrible hitters in the line up.

QCIASOXFAN
09-03-2006, 06:03 PM
No, the homer scores runs, Uribe and Pods are the real rally killers. Throw Alomar in there every 5th day and you've got 3 horrible hitters in the line up.Are you kidding me? Always looking for the long ball doesn't win you a ton of games. How many times have you watched Thome strike out or A.J. pop out trying to hit one out? I agree with you that Pods blows lately and Uribe is very streaky, but we have been down this road before where we are always waiting for a blast and we know where it leads.

FoulkeFan
09-03-2006, 07:44 PM
So what? The Twins have lost to KC 6 times already and still have 4 games left with them, which means KC got 11.8% of their wins from Minnesota. We play more games in against our division rivals, so more of their wins are going to be against us.

I'm not saying that the Sox shouldn't beat these guys. I'm just saying that the stat is misleading.

santo=dorf
09-03-2006, 08:44 PM
KC (especially now) is far from the worst team in the MLB. They would be legit NL Wild Card contenders if they had a clean record.

The Tigers are 11-1 against them, but they have not played the "new" royals yet.
Mays and Elarton are not in the roation.
Sweeney seems ok now.
Kerry Robinson is no longer in CF jumping at ground rule doubles
Mark Teahan has replaced some weak slap hitting jobber who was sent down to AAA back in May who also shared the same name.
Ryan Shealy always had a lot of hype about his talent but he was bloacked by Helton. He has replaced the crappy Doug Meinkjiteiicz

I'd like to see how the Tigers do in their 7 games against these Royals because they won 2/3 against us and 2/3 AT Minny. Our winning % against the Royals works out to 93 wins over a full season.

We're done with them until Tuscon, so we don't need to worry about them.

STRETCH!!!
09-03-2006, 09:11 PM
KC (especially now) is far from the worst team in the MLB. They would be legit NL Wild Card contenders if they had a clean record.

The Tigers are 11-1 against them, but they have not played the "new" royals yet.
Mays and Elarton are not in the roation.
Sweeney seems ok now.
Kerry Robinson is no longer in CF jumping at ground rule doubles
Mark Teahan has replaced some weak slap hitting jobber who was sent down to AAA back in May who also shared the same name.
Ryan Shealy always had a lot of hype about his talent but he was bloacked by Helton. He has replaced the crappy Doug Meinkjiteiicz

I'd like to see how the Tigers do in their 7 games against these Royals because they won 2/3 against us and 2/3 AT Minny. Our winning % against the Royals works out to 93 wins over a full season.

We're done with them until Tuscon, so we don't need to worry about them.

For what it is worth, I think you are right on. KC is playing better and looks like the perfect spoiler team to me. As a team they have nothing to lose so there is no pressure, and those KC players all want a job next year.

FielderJones
09-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Just watch KC roll over and go 1-6 against the Tiggers. I hope I'm wrong, but the Tiggers do what you're supposed to do against crap teams.

Lip Man 1
09-03-2006, 09:36 PM
In a bizarre sort of way, since this has been nothing but a bizarre season for these guys perhaps playing that tough slate against ACTUAL teams (as opposed to Triple A garbage) may actually help them. They seen to take good teams seriously, maybe they'll do well.

(I know it's a stretch but what the hell else do I have to go on?)

Lip

kitekrazy
09-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Big game and Garcia don't belong in the same sentence.

Actually it does if you are a major leaguer who has to hit against him. You just feel one coming on. Garcia's pitching so I'm sure to have a big game at the plate.

kitekrazy
09-03-2006, 11:49 PM
It's simply painful to watch him pitch these days. The highlight was one fastball that he got up to 92 MPH.

I was having flashbacks of Shingo watching him today. Garcia's career stats are nothing to get excited about anyway. Didn't he really only have one good year?

santo=dorf
09-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Didn't he really only have one good year?
No. :?:

Only two years he hasn't posted an above average league ERA, finished 9th in the Cy Young in 1999, 3rd in 2001, and 2004 was a solid year as he was very dominant everywhere but at USCF.