PDA

View Full Version : observations over the weekend


irish rover
02-25-2002, 12:49 PM
I went to the season ticket holder Open House, didn't get to see the renovations in the concourse but did get to see the new batters eye.

I was listening to ESPN radio, with Silvi on. They had a guy from Bridgeport call in and Silvi says "Thats our favorite neighborhood, for certain reasons". His partner then says "So how is "Huge" doing?" lolol so I assume he wasn't well like there.

They are talking about Sammy on the score and saying how wonderful he is for making such a grand entrance to ST, how pathetic they just kiss his ass and think it is great that he is such a "showman"

The Yupification of bridgeport has begun, some of the warehouses west of halsted are being made into lofts

CubKilla
02-25-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
I went to the season ticket holder Open House, didn't get to see the renovations in the concourse but did get to see the new batters eye.

I was listening to ESPN radio, with Silvi on. They had a guy from Bridgeport call in and Silvi says "Thats our favorite neighborhood, for certain reasons". His partner then says "So how is "Huge" doing?" lolol so I assume he wasn't well like there.

They are talking about Sammy on the score and saying how wonderful he is for making such a grand entrance to ST, how pathetic they just kiss his ass and think it is great that he is such a "showman"

The Yupification of bridgeport has begun, some of the warehouses west of halsted are being made into lofts

I've been telling alot of my friends that in 15 years the Bridgeport neighborhood will become like Wrigleyville. The city is tearing down the projects, rehabbing old warehouses into lofts, and building high-priced townhomes and condos. It's only a matter of time before popular restaurants and bars start popping up in that neighborhood.

Daver
02-25-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow


I've been telling alot of my friends that in 15 years the Bridgeport neighborhood will become like Wrigleyville. The city is tearing down the projects, rehabbing old warehouses into lofts, and building high-priced townhomes and condos. It's only a matter of time before popular restaurants and bars start popping up in that neighborhood.

I would welcome this,as opposed to the rape of the land they are committing in Will and Kane County.

doublem23
02-25-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by daver
I would welcome this,as opposed to the rape of the land they are committing in Will and Kane County.

Yeah, I know... There's a few great places to camp out there, my fav being just outside of Yorkville, IL... There's so many damn houses being built, they're considering passing a law to ban outdoor fires from the area. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO COOK MY FOOD WITH NO FIRE???

Getting back to the Sox, I definately see Bridgeport getting a makeover... I mean, the mayor of Chicago does live there, and we all know he somehow gets things done.

Daver
02-25-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Yeah, I know... There's a few great places to camp out there, my fav being just outside of Yorkville, IL... There's so many damn houses being built, they're considering passing a law to ban outdoor fires from the area. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO COOK MY FOOD WITH NO FIRE???

Getting back to the Sox, I definately see Bridgeport getting a makeover... I mean, the mayor of Chicago does live there, and we all know he somehow gets things done.

Rich Daley has not lived in Bridgeport for years,he lives in a downtown condo.

doublem23
02-25-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by daver
Rich Daley has not lived in Bridgeport for years,he lives in a downtown condo.

Dammit, that does make sense... Well, his ma lives there, and he is a Sox fan...

My point remains that I think the area Harold Washington dubbed as Comiskeyville is on the verge of an upswing now that the high-rises are being torn down. It rids the area of a bad stigma we don't need.

Daver
02-25-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Dammit, that does make sense... Well, his ma lives there, and he is a Sox fan...

My point remains that I think the area Harold Washington dubbed as Comiskeyville is on the verge of an upswing now that the high-rises are being torn down. It rids the area of a bad stigma we don't need.

Just to add some fact to the razing of the high rises,Stateway Gardens,which is located on 35th and State,are not coming down till 2004,according to the "official"schedule that was released for bid.I really doubt they will still be standing for the 2003 All-Star game though.

doublem23
02-25-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by daver


Just to add some fact to the razing of the high rises,Stateway Gardens,which is located on 35th and State,are not coming down till 2004,according to the "official"schedule that was released for bid.I really doubt they will still be standing for the 2003 All-Star game though.

Well, progress is progress.

RedPinStripes
02-26-2002, 05:25 AM
I still love how all my cub fan buddies hate daley because things get done for the Sox and the Cubs have to fight for any little renovation. Damn I hope they run the cubs into the burbs. Then we'll see how loyal the fans are.

irish rover
02-26-2002, 09:36 AM
not sure if I agree with that schedule of when they are to come down, I live in Bridgeport and the two buildings north of 39th that run parrallel to the Ryan are coming down, in fact one is down and the other is half way, they are to knock one more down this year, one high rise next year along with the 2 10 story buildings on State, the final building will not come down until 05, but that is what I read at the cha web site

also just a word of advice, the bridges over the ryan at 31st and 39th are being worked on not sure if it will affect opening day

they are also building this subdivison at 32nd and Racine of about 100 homes, and they are HUGE and beautiful

more on the lofts

www.unionlofts.com