PDA

View Full Version : What ESPN won't show you

DumpJerry
09-03-2006, 11:41 AM
I was watching Sportscenter this morning and they showed how that loser at yesterday's (Saturday) Flubs/Giants game threw a fake ball back on the field after Bonds hit a homer near him. ESPN showed how the guy who caught the real homer run ball pocketed the ball while someone near him flipped a ball he just happened to have on the field. Aha!, you're thinking, finally the phoniness of Flub fans is exposed! Well, ESPN's love affair with Bonds clouded their coverage of the incident.

Channel 5 showed how the ball that was thrown on the field had the word "Asterisk" written on it in large letters. ESPN did not have enough time or integrity to show this.

HotelWhiteSox
09-03-2006, 12:03 PM
ESPN spinned it as the fans' "loyalty". Even if you consider throwing objects onto the field "loyalty", wouldn't that only be the case when it's the real ball?

NoShoesJoe
09-03-2006, 01:00 PM
It's simply an indictment that exposes what we've known all along...many of the Flubs fans are phonies. This isn't the 1st example of this, this has happened many times that I've seen/heard about too.

Loyalty? Loyalty my ass. Why would any thinking-person pay blind loyalty to an organization that continually bleeds them dry? It's the type of loyalty known as the Stockholm Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome)

Tragg
09-03-2006, 01:33 PM
IN the Notre Dame game last night, some idiot threw a water bottle from the stands and it fell a foot in front of the ref. The announcers ignored it.
Same reason - they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them....the BCS and its fans.

DumpJerry
09-03-2006, 01:36 PM
This thread is not a complaint about moronic Flub fans. It's about how ESPN won't show how damaging Bonds is to MLB's image.

HotelWhiteSox
09-03-2006, 01:38 PM
This thread is not a complaint about moronic Flub fans. It's about how ESPN won't show how damaging Bonds is to MLB's image.

Not even they could spin that

SoxFanPrope
09-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Actually I think they did spin it. Think about it, a guy catches a homerun hit by Barry Bonds and the guy feels it is too valuable to throw back. Doesn't sound like a guy who is hurting MLB's image.

tebman
09-03-2006, 02:25 PM
It's simply an indictment that exposes what we've known all along...many of the Flubs fans are phonies.

http://www.movieactors.com/photos/casablanca145.jpeg

"I'm shocked -- shocked, that's there's phoniness going on here!"

The Dude
09-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I was watching Sportscenter this morning and they showed how that loser at yesterday's (Saturday) Flubs/Giants game threw a fake ball back on the field after Bonds hit a homer near him. ESPN showed how the guy who caught the real homer run ball pocketed the ball while someone near him flipped a ball he just happened to have on the field. Aha!, you're thinking, finally the phoniness of Flub fans is exposed! Well, ESPN's love affair with Bonds clouded their coverage of the incident.

Channel 5 showed how the ball that was thrown on the field had the word "Asterisk" written on it in large letters. ESPN did not have enough time or integrity to show this.

Flubsessed.....that is all!:redneck

Just giving you a hard time Dump!

Chips
09-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Flubsessed.....that is all!:redneck

Just giving you a hard time Dump!

Dumpsessed......that is all. :redneck

I am too.:redface: