PDA

View Full Version : Crede and winter ball

delben91
02-25-2002, 10:22 AM
Hey all, yet another article from the ol' southtown, here's the link (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/253sd1.htm)

However, I'll quote the key part of the article in my mind...

Manuel has expressed the feeling that Crede didn't help his situation by refusing to play winter ball this offseason. Crede, however, said that wasn't the entire story.

"I made the effort to play winter ball," Crede said. "They wanted me to go to Venezuela, I
wanted to play in Mexico a different league and something new. Nothing personal with Venezuela, but they (the Sox) turned down the GM (general manager) in Mexico. I made the effort."

As far as Crede is concerned, that's water under the bridge. His focus is on the present and
trying to establish his presence on the team.

Is there something better about playing winter ball in Venezuela as opposed to Mexico that would give Sox management a legitimate beef with Crede wanting to play winter ball in Mexico? Or is this just more idiocy?

cheeses_h_rice
02-25-2002, 10:46 AM
:reinsy

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the exchange rates lately! I can feed our players down in Venezuela for pennies on the dollar.

Meatpants
02-25-2002, 11:44 AM
No idea why he couldn't play in Mexico, but I understand Jerry's POV. All he knows is Crede did not play winter ball, period.

voodoochile
02-25-2002, 01:29 PM
Personally, I am kind of glad he didn't go to Venezuela this year. When would this have all started? They were rioting in the street as recently as a week before X-mas.

Meatpants
02-25-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Personally, I am kind of glad he didn't go to Venezuela this year. When would this have all started? They were rioting in the street as recently as a week before X-mas.

Plus, he probably would've been 30 years old by the time he came back. :)

MattSharp
02-25-2002, 02:15 PM
Sounds like more stupid politics from the Sox front office. I am glad Joe didn't take any crap, I just hope it doesn't affect his performance.

FarWestChicago
02-25-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Meatpants

Plus, he probably would've been 30 years old by the time he came back. :) LMAO!!!

foulkesfan11
02-25-2002, 09:17 PM
Crede is awesome, but face it, KW won't let him play in the big leagues. It's such a waste because Crede has a lot of talent! I wish they would bring him up to stay already!

:kelly

Daver
02-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Crede is awesome, but face it, KW won't let him play in the big leagues. It's such a waste because Crede has a lot of talent! I wish they would bring him up to stay already!

They will,if they can deal Clayton.

foulkesfan11
02-25-2002, 09:32 PM
Getting rid of Clayton would be the smartest thing to do this season.

RichH55
02-26-2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Getting rid of Clayton would be the smartest thing to do this season.

And so it begins.....TWO ENTER, ONE LEAVES <cue Carl De Orf>

:hitless Vs :manos

If manos comes right at Royce he could be in trouble...he needs to outflank Royce or make him try and turn the double play....Royce seems to be holding his left a little low, which could hurt him in the later rounds

CLR01
02-26-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Meatpants
No idea why he couldn't play in Mexico, but I understand Jerry's POV. All he knows is Crede did not play winter ball, period.

I have no idea why he could not have played in Venezuela like they asked.

i]Originally posted by MattSharp [/i]

Sounds like more stupid politics from the Sox front office. I am glad Joe didn't take any crap, I just hope it doesn't affect his performance.

Ah yes what a fine example Mr. Crede is setting. Hey you dont like what your bosses tells you to do, dont do it, you dont have to take their crap. I take it i am the only one getting tired of professional athletes "i'm a god, you cant touch me" attitude.

RedPinStripes
02-26-2002, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

I take it i am the only one getting tired of professional athletes "i'm a god, you cant touch me" attitude.

:smile:Isn't that your additude?