PDA

View Full Version : Saturday from KC

salty99
09-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Not sure if anyone is reading these, but oh well...
It was great to see the Sox pull out a much needed win even with a goofy lineup. Way to rack up those Double Plays Buehrle! There were a TON of Sox fans in attendance, much more than Friday. There was even a huge back and forth Let's go Royals, Let's go White Sox chant going on. And the Bobby chant at the end was awesome! But for the most part everyone was civil and ready for a good baseball game. I even got to talk to Ryan Sweeney for a little while. He seems like a great kid and can't wait til he gets his first at-bat in the majors.

Autographs we ended up getting were: Sweeney, Chris Stewart, Charlie Haeger, Brian Anderson, Freddy Garcia, Mike MacDougal, David Riske, Jose Contreras who signed for a long long time, Joe Crede who also signed everything everyone had and took a ton of pictures, and Ryan Sheely and Luke Hudson of the Royals. Podsednik looked really pissed coming into the stadium and signed 1 auto for a kid and that was it.

Brian26
09-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Good report. Hopefully Contreras doesn't hurt his elbow signing so many autos.

Chi Dye
09-03-2006, 12:23 AM
It was great to see the Sox pull out a much needed win even with a goofy lineup. Way to rack up those Double Plays Buehrle! There were a TON of Sox fans in attendance, much more than Friday. There was even a huge back and forth Let's go Royals, Let's go White Sox chant going on. And the Bobby chant at the end was awesome! But for the most part everyone was civil and ready for a good baseball game. I even got to talk to Ryan Sweeney for a little while. He seems like a great kid and can't wait til he gets his first at-bat in the majors.

Autographs we ended up getting were: Sweeney, Chris Stewart, Charlie Haeger, Brian Anderson, Freddy Garcia, Mike MacDougal, David Riske, Jose Contreras who signed for a long long time, Joe Crede who also signed everything everyone had and took a ton of pictures, and Ryan Sheely and Luke Hudson of the Royals. Podsednik looked really pissed coming into the stadium and signed 1 auto for a kid and that was it.
Ten short of tieing that record- 21 autographs. :neener: :whistle:

The Racehorse
09-03-2006, 08:47 AM

Keep it coming, at least for one more [today's] game. I've enjoyed your last two reports. I used to live 45 minutes due east of KC, in Warrensburg, and spent many games at Kauffman back in '03 & '04... keep fighting the good fight. :cool:

caulfield12
09-03-2006, 08:56 AM
You went to CMSU?

The Racehorse
09-03-2006, 09:02 AM
You went to CMSU?

Naw... I'm an old Air Force guy who was stationed at Whiteman AFB.

salty99
09-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Good report. Hopefully Contreras doesn't hurt his elbow signing so many autos.

yeah I only got 4 from him..LMAO:D:

zmz723
09-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Podsednik looked really pissed coming into the stadium and signed 1 auto for a kid and that was it.
:rolleyes:

35th&Shields
09-03-2006, 12:47 PM
It was great to see the Sox pull out a much needed win even with a goofy lineup. Way to rack up those Double Plays Buehrle! There were a TON of Sox fans in attendance, much more than Friday. There was even a huge back and forth Let's go Royals, Let's go White Sox chant going on. And the Bobby chant at the end was awesome! But for the most part everyone was civil and ready for a good baseball game.
At different times I alternatively listened to the game on the radio and watched it on TV and you could clearly hear the "Let's-Go-White-Sox" chant on the radio. The "Bob-bee, Bob-bee" chant was also clear on the TV.