PDA

View Full Version : *Official* More Like Joey Gathwrong 9/2/06 Postgame Thread

BeviBall!
09-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the gift, Mr. Defensive Replacement.

soxfanatlanta
09-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Jenks looked downright scary tonight. Nice to see the bullpen shut KC down.

DickAllen72
09-02-2006, 09:50 PM
They won a game they should have and absolutely needed to.

beckett21
Much better.

Have to take the series tomorrow. Somebody tell Freddy that this one is important. :cool:

stl_sox_fan
5 back(could be 4.5 by end of day), 27 games left to play. I Love This Game!!!!!

cbotnyse
Anyone just catch that pie in the face during Crede's interview? that was pretty funny

infohawk
09-02-2006, 09:51 PM
That win didn't count because we only scored two more runs than the lowly Royals! What a pathetic display. Stupid Mackowiak. It's time to bench Dye and give Sweeney a chance in right!:D:

stl_sox_fan
09-02-2006, 09:53 PM
On Bako's K in the 9th, did Sandy have to grab the ball out of his jersey to throw it down to first? It looked like it bounced up and into it.

infohawk
09-02-2006, 09:53 PM
On Bako's K in the 9th, did Sandy have to grab the ball out of his jersey to throw it down to first? It looked like it bounced up and into it.
He sure did. I was worried for a second that he might not be able to get it out.

JB98
09-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Good pitching all the way around tonight. Buerhle is battling and making key pitches when he needs to. That's five quality starts in his last seven outings, and three wins in his last four decisions. I think Mark is going to be OK the rest of the year. All three relievers did their job. Jenks was totally dominant.

We manufactured some runs against a left-handed pitcher who had good stuff, and we got a win on a night where we got absolutely nothing from Dye. Good contributions from guys who are normally on the bench (Ozuna, Gload, Alomar).

I've been pretty pissed at this team lately, but dancing bananas all the way around tonight.

:supernana: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance: :supernana: :supernana:

Foulke You
09-02-2006, 09:54 PM
I think it got caught between his mask and neck.

soxfanatlanta
09-02-2006, 09:55 PM

Somehow it got caught in his chest protector. Add the lunging tag he made for the second out, and he was very busy behind the plate.

caulfield12
09-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the gift, Mr. Defensive Replacement.

KC was where the season turned against CLE on a late Sunday afternoon in September.

Maybe this game will propel us forward as well, although whenever we think we have some momentum, we lose it the next game.

stl_sox_fan
09-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Hope they got the hypnotist to let Freddy know it "IS" a "BIG" game tomorrow. .666 baseball down the stretch will get into the playoffs.

CanBuehrleWait
09-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Good job guys. Keep it rolling fellas... that is all.....

infohawk
09-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Not to get too off-topic in a White Sox thread, but the new GM in KC at least looks like he has a clue. He has done more in a few weeks to improve the Royals with seemingly small moves than the previous regime did in two years. Their talent base is suspect but they have some players who are scrappy and their starting pitching has been upgraded a bit.
Sorry, back to celebrating a WHITE SOX WINNER!!!:bandance:

DickAllen72
09-02-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm glad Gload started today. Hope he starts again tomorrow....the man can hit.

infohawk
09-02-2006, 10:04 PM
KC was where the season turned against CLE on a late Sunday afternoon in September.

Maybe this game will propel us forward as well, although whenever we think we have some momentum, we lose it the next game. You never know. One thing to avoid as fans (and players) is to look at some teams in September and assume likely wins. At this point, every game is the same and will result in either a win or a loss. I don't personally believe there are such things as "cakewalk" series in September. Nothing can be assumed. Who would have thought that a Cleveland team that seemed like it might not lose another game would stumble in KC and pretty much fall out of it?

infohawk
09-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Seems kind of thin in here tonight folks. Everybody must be out having more fun than us!:o:

southside rocks
09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I think David DeJesus would look good in a White Sox uniform in 2007. In left field. Leading off. :wink:

Myrtle72
09-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I think David DeJesus would look good in a White Sox uniform in 2007. In left field. Leading off. :wink:

Hmmm... I dunno about that. lol.

ChiSox14305635
09-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Except for the 2 runs, Buehrle looked good. Good to see him get #12.

Sox should be also be able to pick up a game, thank you Mr. Figgins. :cool:

CLR01
09-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Seems kind of thin in here tonight folks. Everybody must be out having more fun than us!:o:

Everyone jumped yesterday. :smile:

beckett21
09-02-2006, 10:42 PM

Impossible. :redneck

ThirdBaseman
09-02-2006, 10:43 PM
If anyone taped the game, and was able to get the Crede interview at the end where he gets pied in the face, could you upload it somewhere like on YouTube or MySpace? Thanks.

TheDarkGundam
09-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Fantastic thread title,
pretty sweet game,
good stuff all around.

Tragg
09-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Great win.

And the coup de grace was the Tigers' losing tonight. 2 outs no one on in the 9th and you lose, is the type of loss that sends weak-willed teams into tailspins. Detroit has an easy schedule left, but I'm still hoping....only 4.5 back.

Corlose 15
09-02-2006, 10:55 PM

Maybe this game will propel us forward as well, although whenever we think we have some momentum, we lose it the next game.

Seriously, that might be about the 500th time a poster here (myself included) has said "Now that they've won game "X" maybe they'll get on a roll". I'm not believing it until they actually get on one. If they ever do.:(:

mccoydp
09-02-2006, 10:56 PM
I got to sit down in the living room and watch the game on WGN tonight.

Not bad. Good to see Mark pick up another win.

Keep chugging along, guys. Pick up the series win tomorrow.

:winner:

beckett21
09-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Great win.

And the coup de grace was the Tigers' losing tonight. 2 outs no one on in the 9th and you lose, is the type of loss that sends weak-willed teams into tailspins. Detroit has an easy schedule left, but I'm still hoping....only 4.5 back.

Plenty of time left. September can be an eternity for a team struggling to hang on.

batmanZoSo
09-02-2006, 11:01 PM
The most important thing--Buehrle. As a wise woman once said: O, mark Buehrle, how I love thee.

We'll need him. Hopefully this means he's back for good. :praying:

NoShoesJoe
09-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Hope they got the hypnotist to let Freddy know it "IS" a "BIG" game tomorrow. .666 baseball down the stretch will get into the playoffs.

A good game, and a good win. Nice to see Detroit lose, too.

Yes indeed, time to sell your soul, Freddy, for the post season.

digdagdug23
09-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Everyone jumped yesterday. :smile:

Hey, hey HEYYYYYYYYYY, I did not jump, precariously perched on the ledge perhaps, there was a nice breeze, and the view was better, that's all. :rolleyes:

Did anyone else happen to see te feature that was on WGN directly following the post-game interview with Crede? Awesome little snippet on the SouthSide Hitmen. I nearly had tears in my eyes remembering how much fun that season was. KC Royals, na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, good byeeeeeeeeee.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-02-2006, 11:09 PM
If anyone taped the game, and was able to get the Crede interview at the end where he gets pied in the face, could you upload it somewhere like on YouTube or MySpace? Thanks.

I gotta see this! Who pied Joe?:D:

NoShoesJoe
09-02-2006, 11:11 PM

JD...it was funny, right during a long-winded question from DJ about dynasties.

Crede jumped up w/o answering, while Hawk and DJ were laughing and telling Crede to "go get Dye!"

All in fun, and really really funny.

ED: Especially funny, b/c this team is obviously unified; Dye's humor on a day that he was golden.

Reni
09-02-2006, 11:16 PM
As a wise woman once said: O, mark Buehrle, how I love thee.

*tips her hat*

:cool:

batmanZoSo
09-02-2006, 11:22 PM
*tips her hat*

:cool:

Ah, there you are. Quality sig. :bandance:

hi im skot
09-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Bobby looked NASTY!

MadetoOrta
09-02-2006, 11:33 PM
I've been saying for months not to look at the standings. Consider this a golf tournament and we're trying to post the best score. We're now midway through the final round and we need to put up a 5 birdies. 28 over .500 gets us in. That's what I'm focused on. We seem to get to 24 games over and fall back. We need to get to 28 over. Good night.

Fake Chet Lemon
09-02-2006, 11:35 PM
We won a game without a HR. That's a beautiful thing.

StillMissOzzie
09-02-2006, 11:53 PM
It's about time Crede came through in the clutch with the bases loaded.

SMO
:D:

Fake Chet Lemon
09-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Nice job to the Sox fans in KC. Nice and loud over WGN!!!!!!!

slobes
09-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Glad to see us get this one. Hopefully Freddy "Big Game" Garcia can keep it going tomorrow.

slavko
09-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Great win.

They croaked the game away. Errors, failures in the clutch at the plate by their big studs, this one's going to hang on for a while. Here's where a manager earns his money. Let's see what you got, Jim Leyland!

DumpJerry
09-03-2006, 01:10 AM
Something tells me KW promised Buerhle a go at the Slip 'N Slide during the next rain delay.

Reni
09-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Ah, there you are. Quality sig. :bandance:

My husband told me you sent out the bat signal......

:D:

voodoochile
09-03-2006, 09:11 AM
The Sox look so much more alive this past 10 days. It is like night and day from earlier. No rolling over and playing dead when they are losing, every bat they are working to make the other team play defense. It's a joy to watch.

4.5 and closing...

:winner

:):supernana:

Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
The sun shine in...

:)

MarySwiss
09-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by cheezheadsoxfan

Crede jumped up w/o answering, while Hawk and DJ were laughing and telling Crede to "go get Dye!"

ED: Especially funny, b/c this team is obviously unified; Dye's humor on a day that he was golden.

When JD was being interviewed on Rome Is Burning the other day, someone tossed a baseball at him. JD didn't even blink, and when Rome asked him who tossed it, he said it was Crede. That led into JD's comments about the loose clubhouse atmosphere. I imagine the pie was JD paying him back.

Good stuff! :D:

SoxandtheCityTee
09-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Did anyone else happen to see the feature that was on WGN directly following the post-game interview with Crede? Awesome little snippet on the SouthSide Hitmen. I nearly had tears in my eyes remembering how much fun that season was. KC Royals, na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, good byeeeeeeeeee.

Yes. But what were those 1977 clips with the belly dancer on the field, and another with what looked like a witches' cauldron on the field and a woman all in black waving her arms over it? Anybody recall what Veeck was up to?

wassagstdu
09-03-2006, 12:06 PM
We won a game without a HR. That's a beautiful thing.

Sox fans have come a long way! I love it.

Dan Mega
09-03-2006, 12:35 PM
100+ replies when the Sox lose, and 1/2 that when they win. Oh well, a win is a win! Go Sox!

CaptainBallz
09-03-2006, 01:51 PM

Poor, poor JD. He done been Odalified.

I loved what Hawk was asking Joe. It was basically him asking if they realize how awesome they are in a historical perspective. He was hinting at how they haven't seemed to play like they know how great they could be. I was looking forward to the answer, but JD decided to cut it short.
I guess that's the answer right there.

robiwho
09-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Did anyone else happen to see te feature that was on WGN directly following the post-game interview with Crede? Awesome little snippet on the SouthSide Hitmen. I nearly had tears in my eyes remembering how much fun that season was. KC Royals, na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, good byeeeeeeeeee.

Kevin57 and I were getting all nostalgic watching that. Last night's game was a great one to watch at the bar.