PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Fox / Blackout situation today?

FoulTerritory
09-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Oddly enough, it doesn't seem that Fox is carrying a game of the week today. I'm not getting a game here in florida, and I checked TV guide New York, and they aren't even broadcasting the YanksTwinks there, it just says paid programming . . . .

So if Fox isn't carrying a game of the week, I figure there would be no MLBtv blackout, but no dice, the blackout is still in effect.

Is anyone getting a game on fox today? whats the deal?

LITTLE NELL
09-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Welcome to Football season.

FoulTerritory
09-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Well, I could undestand if Fox was showing a college football game, but the movie "Rushmore" is on, to be followed by the movie, "Race the Sun" . . . *** is going on. Have the stations carrying footbal paid fox to not show baseball at the competing time slot?

MarySwiss
09-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, I could undestand if Fox was showing a college football game, but the movie "Rushmore" is on, to be followed by the movie, "Race the Sun" . . . *** is going on. Have the stations carrying footbal paid fox to not show baseball at the competing time slot?

Sox game is on WGN out here. Check your listings; it might be there too. Or if you don't get WGN, maybe you can find a sports bar that does.

Chips
09-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Welcome to Football season.

:supernana:

FoulTerritory
09-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Sox game is on WGN out here. Check your listings; it might be there too. Or if you don't get WGN, maybe you can find a sports bar that does.
Just to clarify, my question is not about the Sox game, but rather FOX's MLB Saturday Afternoon game of the week, which right now it seems should be Yankees/Twins. My concerns are the following: I am wondering why MLB is still blacking out games while no one seems to be getting a MLB Fox game this afternoon. I am also wondering if there is anyone who is indeed getting a Fox game, and if no one is, why not?

The previous poster attributes the missing Fox G.O.W to college football, but I am wondering how they are related because there is no college football on fox.

MarySwiss
09-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Just to clarify, my question is not about the Sox game, but rather FOX's MLB Saturday Afternoon game of the week, which right now it seems should be Yankees/Twins. My concerns are the following: I am wondering why MLB is still blacking out games while no one seems to be getting a MLB Fox game this afternoon. I am also wondering if there is anyone who is indeed getting a Fox game, and if no one is, why not?

The previous poster attributes the missing Fox G.O.W to college football, but I am wondering how they are related because there is no college football on fox.

Okay, gotcha. And I just checked the Republic and the only two games on here are the D'Backs on the local channel and the Sox on WGN. No Fox game. And even if there were college football on Fox, why should that affect MLB.tv?

If I had to guess, I'd say it probably is because Fox owns the exclusive right to broadcast Saturday afternoon games, but it can also choose not to. Which just makes me hate them even more. :angry:

Chicken Dinner
09-02-2006, 01:42 PM
FOX never had any games scheduled today.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5438088

FoulTerritory
09-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow, so they had no games scheduled on Fox, yet the blackout is still triggered. Weird. I too hate Fox.

CLR01
09-02-2006, 01:50 PM

Fox will not be showing any games this week or next. They will resume on the 16th. Why? I don't know it could be college football and it could be that their contract allows only so many weeks. You would need to talk to MLB to find out why the games are still blacked out.

Soxfanspcu11
09-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Wow, so they had no games scheduled on Fox, yet the blackout is still triggered. Weird. I too hate Fox.

As evidenced by the recent Simpsons thread concerning Fox Chicago, Fox certainly does blow.

It's like they go out of their way to lose viewers.