PDA

View Full Version : Schilling likely to miss start against White Sox

Fenway
09-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Francona said Curt Schilling is likely to miss his next start because of a muscle strain.http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/File-Based_Image_Resource/dingbat_story_end_icon.gif

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/09/02/murphy_gets_chance____but_no_locker_yet/

and Papelbon is now hurt as well :whiner:

The night had begun with a sigh of relief -- David Ortiz's heart had checked out normal -- but soon thereafter came the somber announcement that Jon Lester, Boston's prized rookie lefthander, had been diagnosed with cancer.
It ended with Jonathan Papelbon, the team's prized closer and a leading candidate for American League rookie of the year, clutching his right shoulder in pain, two outs away from a 2-1 victory the Sox claimed over the Toronto Blue Jays.
There was a P.S. of more bad news: Curt Schilling, who hadn't missed one of his previous 29 turns in the rotation, will miss his next start, Monday against the Chicago White Sox, because of a strained side muscle.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/09/02/papelbon_hurt_in_win_over_blue_jays?mode=PF

Lip Man 1
09-02-2006, 11:14 AM
That's great...now the Red Sox will call up some clown from Podunk, Arkansas and he'll give up two runs in seven innings or better yet they'll make a waiver deal with the garbage Royals and get Hernandez!

Lip

Dan Mega
09-02-2006, 11:30 AM
That's great...now the Red Sox will call up some clown from Podunk, Arkansas and he'll give up two runs in seven innings or better yet they'll make a waiver deal with the garbage Royals and get Hernandez!

Lip

That wouldn't shock me. Ugh!

caulfield12
09-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Well....they can't have ANY worse luck, can they?

Lester, Ortiz, Ramirez (???), Papelbon, Nixon, Gonzalez, Varitek, etc.

Now Schilling? Just reinforces how lucky we have been the last two seasons, w/ the exception of Hermanson and Fr.Thomas.

Madvora
09-02-2006, 11:55 AM

Lip
I know... any other team in the league would benefit from this occurance, except the Sox.

MarySwiss
09-02-2006, 12:17 PM

Lip

What a defeatist comment, Lip!

It was also the first thing I thought of as well. :(:

CLR01
09-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Jeez, that team is falling apart like a wet piece of toilet paper.

sox1970
09-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Somebody named Kason Gabbard will pitch for the Red Sox on Tuesday.

24 year old lefty.

AA stats- 9-2, 2.57 ERA in 13 starts
AAA stats- 1-7, 5.23 ERA in 9 games
Boston stats- 0-3, 6.35 ERA is 4 games

A. Cavatica
09-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Somebody named Kason Gabbard will pitch for the Red Sox on Tuesday.

24 year old lefty.

AA stats- 9-2, 2.57 ERA in 13 starts
AAA stats- 1-7, 5.23 ERA in 9 games
Boston stats- 0-3, 6.35 ERA is 4 games

He's not much of a prospect, but I have a feeling he'll shut us down for five innings.

Soxfanspcu11
09-02-2006, 02:19 PM
I don't believe in curses and I hate that idea, flub fans, I'm looking at you.

And even though curses do not exist, Boston's baseball team is cursed.

gbergman
09-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Any no name rookie has to feel good about facing us. The White Sox like to make every crappy no namer look like a Hall of fame calliber Cy Young winner.

Chips
09-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Jeez, that team is falling apart like a wet piece of toilet paper.

:rolling:

JB98
09-02-2006, 04:16 PM
I guess this proves that no matter how many times the Royals beat the White Sox, it could be worse for us. We could be Boston.

It's been raining feces on the Red Sox for an extended period of time now.

ondafarm
09-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Well....they can't have ANY worse luck, can they?

Lester, Ortiz, Ramirez (???), Papelbon, Nixon, Gonzalez, Varitek, etc.

Now Schilling? Just reinforces how lucky we have been the last two seasons, w/ the exception of Hermanson and Fr.Thomas.

A lot of this comes from having the best trainer in baseball.

Good prevention reduces the nagging little injuries and keeps the big injuries from happening. Obviously the cancer diagnosis excepted.

caulfield12
09-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, but five years ago, everyone was screaming about all of our pitching injuries.

Wunsch
R. Biddle
D. Wright
Parque
Sirotka
Baldwin
Jon Rauch
Lorenzo Barcelo
Jason Stumm
Corwin Malone
Kris Honel
Todd Ritchie
Bobby Howry

y2j2785
09-02-2006, 05:50 PM
I believe I read somewhere that Julian Tavarez will most likely start against the White Sox on Monday.

Fenway
09-04-2006, 01:23 PM
some of Red Sox injured players come back tonight

The Red Sox' two biggest clubhouse leaders -- Trot Nixon and Jason Varitek -- missing since July 31 and Aug. 3, respectively, returned to the clubhouse yesterday. It might be too late, but both players, who will play tonight against Chicago, are ready to resume their roles, on the field and off.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/09/04/nixon_varitek_hope_return_leads_somewhere/

Papi on Tuesday, Manny who knows.....

my head says Chicago will put Red Sox Nation out of our misery the next 3 days but my heart says otherwise as after all the BoSox are still my #1 team.