PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Backe

DaleJRFan
09-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Brandon Backe will have season-ending Tommy John surgery and will likely not return until 2008.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bb/4156199.html

Backe, who has spent most of this season on the disabled list with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow, will undergo the procedure Thursday in Birmingham, Ala. It will be performed by renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews.

This is really bad news for Backe and the Astros. Brandon seems like a nice guy and it really seemed like his career was taking off after his 2004 and 2005 seasons. We all got to see just how good he is in game 4 of the world series.

russ99
09-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Brandon Backe will have season-ending Tommy John surgery and will likely not return until 2008.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bb/4156199.html

This is really bad news for Backe and the Astros. Brandon seems like a nice guy and it really seemed like his career was taking off after his 2004 and 2005 seasons. We all got to see just how good he is in game 4 of the world series.

Tough break for Brandon. However, he hasn't pitched much for the Astros this season. He got hurt right after opening day and just recently came back from that injury. The Astros will be fine with Hirsh in his spot, and it looks like they're going with a 4-man rotation here on out. Next season expect a full overhail with Clemens and maybe even Pettitte (FA) retiring.

MarySwiss
09-02-2006, 11:05 AM
The guy was annoying as hell during last year's Series, but at the same time, you had to admire his enthusiasm. I really think that Garner's pulling him in Game 4 may have been the biggest mistake Garner made.

Let's hope he has a speedy recovery. He's a gamer.

slobes
09-02-2006, 11:15 AM
The guy was annoying as hell during last year's Series, but at the same time, you had to admire his enthusiasm. I really think that Garner's pulling him in Game 4 may have been the biggest mistake Garner made.

Let's hope he has a speedy recovery. He's a gamer.

Haha that's always what I'll remember him for. On the World Series DVDs, one of the games (I think game 3?) they have him miked, and he DOES NOT SHUT UP.

jdm2662
09-02-2006, 11:20 AM
That's too bad. The guy pitched his ass off in game 4. You got to admire someone that steps up when your team really needs it especially when you are considered the fourth best starter.

soxinem1
09-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Haha that's always what I'll remember him for. On the World Series DVDs, one of the games (I think game 3?) they have him miked, and he DOES NOT SHUT UP.

Sort of like the AJ thing. You want him doing that on your team, but cannot stand facing someone like him.

Brian26
09-03-2006, 01:34 PM
The guy was annoying as hell during last year's Series

That's an understatement actually.