PDA

View Full Version : Friday Report from KC

salty99
09-02-2006, 12:56 AM
So the wife and I rolled into KC around 5:30PM and checked into the Clarion Sports Hotel where they proceeded to give us a 2 double bed smoking room when I booked a non-smoking king bed room. :angry: Then we wait half an hour for a free shuttle that never comes! :angry: Then the SOX LOSE! :angry: You all saw what happened during the game, now for what you didn't see.

Bobby Jenks jawing with fans from the bullpen after the game and grabbing his crotch towards them. Man I have NEVER seen him that pissed. We waited around after the game and saw a few players including Riske, Jenks, and Contreras. We got autos from Raines and Crede who was very very accomodating with everyone, even though my auto looks like crap and my wife's looks great. The rest got on the team bus except for Uribe and Freddy who jumped into a taxi. A gentleman there said he got 21 player autos before the game which must be some kind of record.

Oh yeah and the hotel finally moved us into the correct room when we got back even it showed we never even checked in. Hey lady how do we have a key then...morons.

GO SOX and Buehrle!

BainesHOF
09-02-2006, 01:20 AM
Crede who was very very accomodating with everyone, even though my auto looks like crap and my wife's looks great.

Crede is psychotic when it comes to signing autographs. The way he signs differently for different people at different times has become just plain weird.

salty99
09-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Crede is psychotic when it comes to signing autographs. The way he signs differently for different people at different times has become just plain weird.

Hers says J Crede 24...mine says loopy letter loopy letter

JGarlandrules20
09-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Crede is psychotic when it comes to signing autographs. The way he signs differently for different people at different times has become just plain weird. My friend got his autograph in New York at the hotel the sox were staying at...and all he drew was circles. It was pretty funny. Not so much for my friend though. :tongue:

digdagdug23
09-02-2006, 01:48 PM

My kids got Crede and Pods before a game this summer, both signed with full names and their numbers below.

ondafarm
09-02-2006, 02:56 PM
When I played in Japan a bunch of wierd things happened with my autograph.

More than once we'd go to a nice restaurant after the game and a kid would come over asking for autographs. If he was after just one, fine. But most kids would want a bunch of autographs. So he'd go from player to player to player. Eventually most of them would skip me. The next guy, whoever it was, would ask the kid why he skipped me and the kid would inevitably say, "Because I don't speak English." at which point my teammate would say, "He speaks Japanese and if you don't get his autograph then you won't get mine." A few guys would even threaten to rip up the autograph book. Well, the kids would always come to me and thrust the book at me, which I'd sign.

Once when we had the league commisioner in attendance, I was signing autographs just a few boxes away from him. I was signing my Japanese name (my first wife's last name) and somebody showed it to him. He got very upset, stopped me from signing and called out to my manager, who dutifully came over. After much discussion (which was too fast for me to understand) they asked me together what name was on my alien registration card (a standard in Japan.) I didn't have one, but my passport was in my locker and I showed that to them. It had my first name and the Japanese last name I was using. I was asked (told really) to sign only that name and my number (28) on future autographs and to use roman script (as in like what Joe Crede does.)

Brian26
09-02-2006, 04:42 PM

And he signs with a silver pen on the green portion of a photo :(:

Fake Chet Lemon
09-02-2006, 11:57 PM
You guys were loud and proud on WGN Saturday, nice job! The "Bobby" chants in the 9th were awesome.